So I had to go into my local Apple store today for some issues I've been having with my Macbook Pro, and decided to bring the PB along to keep myself busy while I waited. As I'm waiting to go up to the Genius Bar I'm answering e-mails and doin some work-type stuff. While the guy was working on my laptop he asks me what Tablet he saw me playing with, so I tell him the new Playbook. I pull it out and he was absolutely amazed at it. I told him about the full HD video front/rear, and he became even more amazed at it. At first he thought it ran Android, but when I told him it was a new OS still in its infancy, and he says "for being brand new this is incredible." He called over one of his other Genius buddies and this guy was even more awed. He knew exactly what it was as he walked over and said he's been waiting to see one. The first thing he wanted to know about was the browser, so I let him play with it, and he was shocked at how crisp the display was, and how clean the flash videos loaded.

2 other Geniuses took a look at it and all 4 of them agreed how awesome of an idea to have the functional bezels. The other thing that was complimented by them all was the size and weight. As they all held it they were surprised at how great it felt to hold, that the size and weight were real nice. And the greatest part was how they all said they would definitely carry one around in their pocket.

I always knew there was a reason why they called them Geniuses!
    04-20-11 07:18 PM
    My BS Meter is registering seismic activity...

Did jobs call you to ask about it too?
    04-20-11 07:37 PM
    My BS Meter is registering seismic activity...

Did jobs call you to ask about it too?
    I think your meter needs a little calibration.
    04-20-11 07:40 PM
    intelligent people dont disregard new tech simply because its not apple.
    04-20-11 07:44 PM
    that's what the guy said too. just because they work there doesn't mean they disregard all non-apple technology.
    04-20-11 07:47 PM
    ^This. They are geniuses after all.
    04-20-11 07:47 PM
    lol you should use the term "geniuses" loosely
    but nice story!!!

i love tech and i don't discriminate as well =)

right now using an android phone, have ipad and playbook and an imac
    04-20-11 07:58 PM
    Jobs is firing all of them, as we speak.
    Masahiro likes this.
    04-20-11 08:04 PM
    lol you should use the term "geniuses" loosely
    but nice story!!!

i love tech and i don't discriminate as well =)

right now using an android phone, have ipad and playbook and an imac
    that's why I told the story, just cause it was interesting to see how interested they were in a blackberry product.
    04-20-11 08:05 PM
    Yeah these guys aren't automatically fanboys just because they work for Apple. OP's story is completely plausible.
    04-20-11 08:06 PM
    If they are true tech enthusiasts, it won't matter what brand is written on it.
    04-20-11 08:08 PM
    Too bad some of the bb fans don't feel the same way when it comes to android or apple.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    thedark722 likes this.
    04-20-11 08:44 PM
    The PB makes a great 5 minute impression.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-11 08:52 PM
    I'm sure they thought the absence of native e-mail and calendar apps was great too, as well as the absence of little features like "resume from last stop" for videos displayed on that awesome screen. Or did you opt to leave those details out? By the way. . .why doesn't RIM have a retail presence?

I'd assume the "Geniuses" are tech savvy. . . why wouldn't they recognize the device you were holding? Geez, RIM's marketing really has been awful. No wonder 50K launch day sales were considered to beat the rather low expectations.
    They weren't really concerned with it's negatives. They were surprised at how clean it was right now, version 1.0.1, and like most logical people understand that this is a strong product with a baby OS. I remember when iOS was brand new, it was pretty bad, and look where it's at now, 4 years later.
    04-20-11 08:52 PM
    This is really interesting. I like how this is looking for BlackBerry though. Just the fact that these people are exposed to Apple products so often and yet still think the playbook has a lot of potential. Perhaps they're just a smart few that follow tech.... I sure hope consumers look at the playbook as well as the iPad. I bought my playbook next to someone buying their iPad today

Gosh, well Apple does deserve their customer base as they created the concept of these "new" tablets whether we like that fact or not

This is interesting though, quite unexpected.
    04-20-11 09:06 PM
    Yes, of course. You popped into your local Apple store and 4, not 1 but 4 Apple geniuses crowded around you and gasped in amazement at.......your Blackberry playbook. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

How long have you had your black belt in bull****su?
    Trolls be trollin'...

I didn't say they crowded around me. The guy that was helping me out waw curious, liked what he saw, called his other buddy over, who showed it to someone else that was talking with another Genius person. Why is it so hard to believe that Apple employees would like the Playbook?
    04-20-11 09:28 PM
    Not just any troll, but a Kiwi troll! They are extra special (and fuzzy).......... LOL
    04-20-11 09:30 PM
    Jobs is firing all of them, as we speak.
    do i need to resurrect my jobs picture again???
    04-20-11 09:39 PM
    lol at iphone 4 a real smartphone
    04-20-11 09:49 PM
    I wonder what adventures you will get up to tomorrow. Perhaps you will drive your Honda to the Ferrari dealership and the salesmen (all of them not just one) will come outside and ask you for a drive.
    I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes, but it'll have to be a lamborghini dealership instead since that's closer.

BTW...I have a real computer alreay, a few actually, can you hook me up with some not so real ones? I heard those are the new hotness!
    04-20-11 09:52 PM
    that's why I told the story, just cause it was interesting to see how interested they were in a blackberry product.
    do i need to resurrect my jobs picture again???
    Why, yes you do... mainly because I haven't seen it.
    04-20-11 09:59 PM
    Why, yes you do... mainly because I haven't seen it.
    it's somewhere way back in the forums hahaha
    04-20-11 10:13 PM
    it's somewhere way back in the forums hahaha
    Haven't seen it either.

Bring it out!.....bring it out!.....bring it out! (in an angry mob voice)
    04-20-11 10:20 PM
    Dooooo it. DOOOOOO IT. You know you want to
    04-20-11 10:27 PM
    I wonder what adventures you will get up to tomorrow. Perhaps you will drive your Honda to the Ferrari dealership and the salesmen (all of them not just one) will come outside and ask you for a drive.
    very funny mate. maybe you should concern yourself more with how apple are tracking your every movement. lol
    04-20-11 10:48 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD