I purchased my 64gb Playbook a few weeks back and have found since updating my OS my videos will no longer play. If I launch the video app it attempts to open and then just shuts down and every time I use air browser, it finds all the files and lists them but when I open a file it just goes blank for a few seconds and then goes back to the air browser app.

They are .mov and .avi files which worked fine prior to the upgrade. I have installed about 25gb of movie files and still have about 20gb+ left so space is not the issue.

Has anyone experienced the same problem and found a solution
    06-04-12 04:38 AM
    Have you tried restarting the device. If so you could also try a hard reset: press and hold pwr+ up vol + dwn vol at the same time and hold for about 10-12 seconds.
    DPP3003 likes this.
    06-04-12 08:20 AM
    Just a bit more detail: when you say you updated the OS, are you talking about the new BETA OS? Or the normal OS?
    06-04-12 09:16 AM
    It was the official update from Blackberry, not the test or beta version. I did remove 5gb of movies and now it seems to work for some reason. It seems as long as I have 30gb free it plays the movies.

Seems odd, but the seem to play now. The more movies I load on the memory seems to drop from 1gb and now its on 425mb. Before it was on 380mb and thats when it would not play any movies.

Not sure why the memory should drop if I have all that space available?

Did a hard reset and it still had the same problem
    06-04-12 10:57 AM
    Could one of those videos been in an "odd" format. The pb does some kind of indexing to show the thumbnails. Maybe one of them caused it to choke. Hard to determine which one if that is the cause????
    06-04-12 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD