Does anyone know why some of the videos I've taken with my Playbook can be viewed on my PC and others can't? I'd like to get my videos all on my PC so I can save them on DVD's, but some can't be viewed.

Any help would be appreciated.
    07-12-11 11:26 PM
    I think you have to convert them to a format that the desktop media player understands. Why some play and others dont? No idea.
    07-12-11 11:32 PM
    You may have recorded some in 720p and some in 1080p. That could be the reason. If your desktop player does support the format, try another free player like miro. Miro plays just about any format.
    Mal970 likes this.
    07-12-11 11:52 PM
    Thanks, I was wondering if that might be it. When I can get my Playbook to connect back to my computer I'll check it out. In the meantime, is there a way I can check whether the video was recorded in 720 or 1080?
    07-13-11 09:35 AM
    Thanks, I was wondering if that might be it. When I can get my Playbook to connect back to my computer I'll check it out. In the meantime, is there a way I can check whether the video was recorded in 720 or 1080?
    One way to check is play them on your tv from the playbook. The 1080p will fit the screen while the 720p will be a bit narrower from top to bottom. There may even be a way to view the file on your computer. Try and open the properties on the file and it may tell you somewhere in there.

Also, I don't use the desktop manager when I connect the playbook to my laptop. I just open the playbook from "my computer" and click on the playbook and open it. I copy the things I want to save and then put them into a file on my hard drive. I did all the video I took on the playbook like this and I had no problems. Every single video I copied played on my computer.
    07-15-11 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD