There seems to be not much info on post-launch video quality of the Playbook.

I recorded several minutes of video indoors in low to medium light and could not help notice the high level of grain or noise in the picture. The sound was amazing, picking up any slight nuances, but the video seemed not up to par. Under better lighting conditions the video improved but you could still make out the noise.

Is this a hardware issue? Has anyone else experienced the same issue?
    05-03-11 04:09 PM
    I noticed that too but was also in low light. Sound was good though.
    05-03-11 04:20 PM
    I think it has to do with the video playback on the pb it's self as mp4 videos i've moved to it show a lot more noise than they did on other devices. (iPad and Zune HD) Have you tried exporting the video to another device to watch? I am sure video playback quality will improve with new builds.
    05-03-11 04:55 PM
    Works great for me.
    Color rendition is best with indoor light. I found a slight blue with bright light. Make sure you set the resolution (drop down the top task bar): 480p, 720p or 1080p and "A" auto. For better audio attach an aux mike to the earphone jack or use a BB phone headset.
    05-03-11 05:12 PM
    I don't think its really an issue. You have a camera built into a $500 Tablet without a light/flash. I think expecting a noise free image in a low light situation is just not realistic. Just because its 1080p capable does not effect the quality of the images, just the pixel count. Heck, professional HD video camera's even produce lots of noise in low light.

It does seem like a huge oversight they did not include atleast a small LED for a Flash/camera light.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-11 05:20 PM
    It does seem like a huge oversight they did not include atleast a small LED for a Flash/camera light.
    This is true, but, I believe the other tablets like iPad2 also lack aux light.
    I have found in bright indoor the color rendition (closer to real) is better than outdoors. And. I found the PB can take reasonable photos/videos in low light too. The new 9900 BB's will have HD and aux light, so, the later PB's likely will also have aux light at expense of battery life.
    05-03-11 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD