I can't after downloading a heap of software, get to a good video conversion tool from mkv to Playbook mp4 format. The video that comes with the Playbook as a demo is awesome. I have a lot of mkv HD material, but when I convert it end up being either only half the screen size or the quality becomes very bad.

How can I get my HD mkh (720p, 1080p) to fit the Playbook screen size in the mp4 format with jaw dropping quality? Please help....
    05-08-11 10:03 AM
    05-08-11 10:04 AM
    Xenonmkv is a good one to use.
    05-08-11 10:05 AM
    1) Download XenonMKV from here
    2) Install, which is straightforward.
    3) Open and click the options button at the bottom of the window.
    4) Mark the second button there which says "Don't split files, even if they are over 4GB."
    5) Save settings.
    6) The only other setting you might want to change is the destination folder which can be done by clicking the last button on the right of the words Destination Folder.
    7) Choose your file to convert by clicking the button right above the option you used to choose your destination.
    8) Press Start and wait!
    05-08-11 10:07 AM
    Thanks all! 3 responses within 30 minutes, all talking about the same tool. Must be good. Will test it later today.

Cheers
    05-08-11 10:37 AM
    Links have a typo or ....

Home | XenonMKV
    05-08-11 11:09 AM
    is anyone having problems with firewall settings or firewalls blocking the video functions?
    05-08-11 11:21 AM
    All,

The conversion worked and did wxactly what I wanted! thanks, and cheers
    05-08-11 07:21 PM
    is anyone having problems with firewall settings or firewalls blocking the video functions?
    nope. can you expand on the specific settings for your PB that are blocking the video?
    05-08-11 07:53 PM
    there are 2 types of MP4 and only 1 type work for playbook
    05-08-11 08:09 PM
    AVC H264 MP4 type works for playbook
    05-08-11 08:23 PM
    I know you've already gotten an answer, but I thought I'd chime in... I've been using MakeMKV to directly convert my old HD-DVD collection to mkv files and then using Xmedia Recode to convert/compress them to h264 mp4 files - I use the Playstation 3 preset in Xmedia and the videos turn out amazing! Granted my files are hitting about 2.5gb in size but then they still look very good when output via the playbook's HDMI
    05-08-11 09:19 PM
    How easy is it to use MakeMKV? Is it freeware?
    Pretty sure it's still a 60 day trial.
    05-08-11 09:23 PM
    05-08-11 09:41 PM
    Let's come here, there is a best vesion of playbook hd video converter.

PlayBook Video Converter-Best Free PlayBook Video Converter

Good luck!
    05-15-11 08:33 PM
    1) No Contact information on that web site - unsure if it is virus site or hack your computer
    2) software downloads but does not install.

Let's come here, there is a best vesion of playbook hd video converter.

PlayBook Video Converter-Best Free PlayBook Video Converter

Good luck!
    05-16-11 07:02 AM
    'PRISM' from NCH Software is another one. great tool
    05-16-11 09:10 AM
    1) Download XenonMKV from here
    2) Install, which is straightforward.
    3) Open and click the options button at the bottom of the window.
    4) Mark the second button there which says "Don't split files, even if they are over 4GB."
    5) Save settings.
    6) The only other setting you might want to change is the destination folder which can be done by clicking the last button on the right of the words Destination Folder.
    7) Choose your file to convert by clicking the button right above the option you used to choose your destination.
    8) Press Start and wait!
    This is definitely the best way to go, worked for me. Xenon MKV only converts the audio to two-channel AAC, it does not change the video, and it's the AC3 audio it seems the Playbook cannot play.

The other solutions here are sketchy, and two of the "FREE!" converters threw up virus and malware warnings in ESET NOD 32 so I didn't use them.

Thanks for suggesting XenonMKV, it's working great for me to convert videos to play on the Playbook.
    03-17-12 09:29 PM
    hi, im struggling to install the xenonmkv onto my computer. i am running windows 7 32bit OS.
    is there an exe link to use to install the program???
    need help converting mkv and avi movies for the playbook. what is the best program?
    11-07-12 04:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD