With the playbook you can play music and turn off the screen and the music will keep playing (ideal when listening to relaxing sounds at night) but with videos the videos stop playing when you turn off the screen and you cant keep listening to the audio with the screen turned off, is there any way to keep listening to the audio of a video with the playbook screen turned off like you can do with music? any apps?
    03-26-15 04:32 AM
    No baked in way to do this that I'm aware of.

This is the app I use when I want to accomplish what you're looking for:

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...countrycode=US

It's a workaround and doesn't technically turn off the screen, plus it's a paid app, but I find it handy in this scenario.
    Blackman91 likes this.
    03-26-15 12:09 PM
    Other option is to rip the audio out of the video file you are trying to play. Assuming it's something that you frequently listen to.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    03-27-15 06:00 AM
    Other option is to rip the audio out of the video file you are trying to play. Assuming it's something that you frequently listen to.
    Any way to do that on the playbook? I mean without using a pc?
    03-27-15 03:09 PM
    A playing video keeps the screen awake just like StayOn or Polar Clock. And only a sliver of it needs to be on screen. You could try this:

Cover camera lens and take a picture to get a black screen image.
    Turn down the brightness on the Playbook.
    Go to pictures and open the picture full screen.
    Open your video and play.
    Go back to picture full screen, then pull the fraction of the video on screen.

Here's my image of what it'd look like. Video's the thin, thin slice at the right. You get the minimal amount of light but all the sound. My wallpaper is the blue framing.

Playbook and video audio question-img_20133170.png

Note: once the video ends the Playbook will time out as usual unless you've got it on a continuous loop.
    03-27-15 05:52 PM
    Ok I discovered an easier way to play only the audio of the videos on your playbook and it works in standby.
    Sideload the file manager app X-plore, change the extension of your video file to .mp3 using ghost commander or other android file manager app, click the file and choose X-plore audio preview to open the file and the audio of the video will start playing, turn off your screen and you can still listen to it!
    I have only tested this method with mp4 videos and it works great, even if you change your video file extension to mp3 the video will play like a video just fine if you open it with the default playbook video player.

Here is the X-plore app: X-plore File Manager for Playbook and BB10
    03-28-15 05:02 AM
    If you can find the video you want on YouTube, you can use tubemate to rip the audio out of it, then minimize the app by swiping up from the bottom, touch the battery icon and put it in standby mode.
    03-28-15 04:39 PM
    Blackman, if you're going to go that route, then you might be better off using ES File Explorer's internal music player rather than X-Plore's. The benefit of using ES rather than X-Plore is that with ES you can cue up a number of mp3 files for playback, or you can create playlists for playback. This will work with mp4 files in which you've changed the extensions as it does with X-Plore.
    03-28-15 05:01 PM