Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 76 to 87 of 87
Like Tree48Likes
  1. EchoTango's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    389 Posts
    #76  

    Default

    ....see......this is why this really gets boring quickly. Mine's bigger than your's is.....

    The Playbook is superior in some ways to the iPad but I was recently up at a cottage where the owner (and family) had three Mac Book pros and 2 iPads, 3 Blackberries plus one iPhone4. I felt the iPad did seem allot more "complete" with all the usual desktop features right there on the tablet.

    What I found odd was the number of devices (the best part of $10K worth) they felt they needed to buy. They seemed to frequently use the iPad in place of the Mac Book which in my mind seems to be a rather expensive duplication. I think RIM has thought this through and has built a device to be a expanded capability companion to a PHONE.

    I also kept trying to gesture on the bezel......it didn't work...just so you know.
  2. ignites's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,683 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,684 Global Posts
    #77  

    Default

    the other day i was in vancouver airport and I saw a guy with a PlayBook get on my flight, after seeing all those iToys on my previous flight I was so excited I wanted to wave my PB at him... but I was kinda nervous and I didnt want to scare him so I did not do so.... loll
  3. soccernamlak's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    588 Posts
    Global Posts
    636 Global Posts
    PIN
    :)
    #78  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lavrishevo View Post
    All these threads, which compare the Playbook to the iPad with such fervent desire to beat the iPad are just examples of Playbook owners trying to convince themselves that their device is superior. The reality is, if the Playbook was a better device you would not have to constantly talk about it and try to "prove" it, it would just be... It is of no coincidence that you don't see anyone starting threads about the iPad beating the Playbook on iPad forums... Just something to think about.
    Right...because iPad users never compare their products to others....

    Oh wait....

    One
    Two
    Three
    Four
    Five
    Six
    Seven
    Eight


    That's just on two forums, 1st page (of 3 and 11 respectively) of search results searching for "PlayBook" in entire posts.

    You'll have these types of people no matter which product or which forum; don't be naive.


    iPhone 4S - 5.0.1
    BlackBerry Torch 9800 - 6.0.0.600
    BlackBerry Curve 8900 - 5.0.0.461
    BlackBerry PlayBook - 1.0.8.6067
    Thanked by:
    tayl0rd (09-07-2011) 
  4. sir.dangerfield's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    294 Posts
    Global Posts
    302 Global Posts
    PIN
    33211bc6
    #79  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Accidental Post View Post
    And Pull out my iPad and check my email on the fly. Native email is really nice. Does the playbook have native email yet?????? Just asking.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I do love that I get my email instantly too via bluetooth, for free from my 9930 so its much more secure than airport WIFI. If I were to lose my Playbook at the busy airport while im in a hurry, all my important and sensitive emails, memos, tasks, BBM's, browser history, and calendar appointments are completely cleared as soon as Im further than 30 feet away... and instantly all back if i find it. Has Apple developed anything like that in their years of existence by chance? There must be something like that out of the billion amazing Ipad apps right?
  5. bounce007's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,452 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,466 Global Posts
    #80  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soccernamlak View Post
    Right...because iPad users never compare their products to others....

    Oh wait....

    One
    Two
    Three
    Four
    Five
    Six
    Seven
    Eight


    That's just on two forums, 1st page (of 3 and 11 respectively) of search results searching for "PlayBook" in entire posts.

    You'll have these types of people no matter which product or which forum; don't be naive.

    Exactly! I agree. You will have these people no matter which product!
  6. kevingordan's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #81  

    Smile

    I think apple is facing a lot of competition from play book, kindle, black berry and lot more. But still I think apple is leading the market.
  7. i7guy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,697 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,952 Global Posts
    #82  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EchoTango View Post
    ....see......this is why this really gets boring quickly. Mine's bigger than your's is.....

    The Playbook is superior in some ways to the iPad but I was recently up at a cottage where the owner (and family) had three Mac Book pros and 2 iPads, 3 Blackberries plus one iPhone4. I felt the iPad did seem allot more "complete" with all the usual desktop features right there on the tablet.

    What I found odd was the number of devices (the best part of $10K worth) they felt they needed to buy. They seemed to frequently use the iPad in place of the Mac Book which in my mind seems to be a rather expensive duplication. I think RIM has thought this through and has built a device to be a expanded capability companion to a PHONE.

    I also kept trying to gesture on the bezel......it didn't work...just so you know.
    Thats my problem with apple products, paying a premium when IMHO, and IMHO only I can get better windows products for less money that last longer.

    Right now there is a lot of development for the iPad, thats what people like, the variety of apps. The hardware and underlying os software do not lead the pack, again IMHO. Yes I have an iPad now, but it will soon have a sister or brother. I think android is the way to go, unlike a droid, which I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

    A fanatic is one who won't change his mind...or the subject.
  8. Accidental Post's Avatar
    Slayer of Misinformation

    Posts
    5,346 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,378 Global Posts
    PIN
    Smartphones are for Smart People
    #83  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sir.dangerfield View Post
    I do love that I get my email instantly too via bluetooth, for free from my 9930 so its much more secure than airport WIFI. If I were to lose my Playbook at the busy airport while im in a hurry, all my important and sensitive emails, memos, tasks, BBM's, browser history, and calendar appointments are completely cleared as soon as Im further than 30 feet away... and instantly all back if i find it. Has Apple developed anything like that in their years of existence by chance? There must be something like that out of the billion amazing Ipad apps right?
    Find my iPhone and the same for the ipad. Remote locating, wipe and lock....
    And built into the OS on iOS5
  9. i7guy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,697 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,952 Global Posts
    #84  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Accidental Post View Post
    Find my iPhone and the same for the ipad. Remote locating, wipe and lock....
    And built into the OS on iOS5
    It took 'em a while? Didn't it?
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

    A fanatic is one who won't change his mind...or the subject.
  10. togardergrosse's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    663 Posts
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    PIN
    Disclosed
    #85  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevingordan View Post
    I think apple is facing a lot of competition from play book, kindle, black berry and lot more. But still I think apple is leading the market.
    No one can argue u on that.
    Phone history: Ericsson T20s > T28s > T29s > T39m > Sony Ericsson K508i > K640i > BlackBerry Curve 8330 > Bold 9650 > Galaxy Nexus & Bold 9900
    Tablet history: Galaxy Tab P1000 16Gb, PlayBook 16Gb
  11. dirtynrth's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    12 Posts
    #86  

    Default

    I think when they say you can't multitask with an ipad they mean you can't do two things at once because of its size. I saw the nicest girl the other day on the subway drop her ipad after attempting to juggle that and her backpack at the same time... It basically rolled like a disk 4 times before it stopped. I felt bad, but at the same time, if you're going to carry around something so big, you should get a strap for it like a piece of luggage.
  12. adamkesher's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    366 Posts
    Global Posts
    420 Global Posts
    #87  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by isle989 View Post
    Hi All,

    I have had my playbook since about mid-may and absolutely love it. The experience has only gotten better since I picked up my new bold 9900. My wife has an Ipad and sometimes I can't help pointing out all of the limitations of the Ipad.

    I was very amused when on my flight home from San Francisco, the person sitting next to me pulled an Ipad (2nd gen). Admittedly, I have a bit of a competitive streak so I had to pull out my playbook and show off a little - disclaimer, I was going to pull it out anyway but maybe a litter earlier than I would have!

    He was playing Angry birds...

    I was listening to the Suburbs by Arcade Fire and playing tetris at the same. I love using the multi-tasking to switch between songs - it's so seamless.

    He was playing Angry birds...

    Then I fired black jack and played a couple of hands.

    He was playing Angry birds...

    Then I fired up Dead Space. This game looks amazing on a dimly lit plane and I definitely got a few looks at this point.

    Just before we landed he was still playing Angry birds...

    Anyways, I was just having a little fun. Anyone else have similar experiences?
    Wow. To counter DeadSpace he could have whipped out Madden 12 HD, GTA Chinatown Wars HD, Real Racing 2 HD, Infinity Blade, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12, 3 different HD iterations of Angry Birds, FIFA 11 HD, Mirror's Edge, NBA Jam, Final Fantasy III, Battlefield: Bad Company, ROCK BAND for iPad, Resident Evil 4 HD, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, Assassins Creed, Civilization Revolution, and of course, DEADSPACE HD for iPad, which of course has been out on iTunes for six months!!!

    If he got bored with games, then a simple double click of the home button could have brought up his Kindle app which he could potentially chose from thousands of books he could read OFFLINE, and any books he couldn't find through Amazon, he'd have iBooks and Nook to name a few to browse. As far as music goes, he could listen to that as well, and since he can load iTunes content onto his device, pretty much every note ever recorded would be available to him at cost, legally. He could have also downloaded the latest episode of his favorite TV show directly to his iPad, legally, while he waited in the terminal using the airport's wi-fi, then watched it onboard, or rented a new release feature film in HD.

    If he was returning from a vacation, he could load video and photos from another iOS device onto the iPad and make a professional grade film using iMovie and then uploaded it to YouTube or Vimeo when he landed.


    I'm sure if you had broken out that Indian vegetarian cookbook app or Bubblebirds HD though he would have thrown that thing under the seat in shame!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions