Hi all:

My BB 9000 is getting tired, I think, so I'm looking to make the switch to VZW and get the Bold 9930, since ATT hasn't gotten their act together yet. Also, since ATT isn't letting Playbook users get the full use from the Bridge Browser, I figure VZW is the better choice.

Which VZW data setup do I need to go with. Since they don't officially allow tethering, do I need to go with the 4GB data plan with the Mobile Hotspot for $50, or is there an app readily accessible to allow some tethering on the 2GB plan. Or, is the VZW Bridge Browser "enough" for light-to-moderate Playbook usage?

Thanks in advance!
    09-26-11 03:10 PM
    If you can still get "the Unlimited" data plan for 25/mo. I would go with that. I just go between my 9850 and PB with no issues whatsoever, And guess what: It's not "Tethering".

Also, VW has not been to draconian when I was tethering to my laptop for about 1.5 years, Same charges were fixed. Unlimited Data, Voice, and TM for 89.00/mo.

Now with my PB/64, I travel much lighter then schlepping around my 17" notebook.

C
    09-26-11 03:29 PM
    No Unlimited Plan available to me, AFAIK.
    09-26-11 03:30 PM
    Are bb phones capable of "mobile hotspot?"

And I don't know but are BB data plans different than other smartphone data plans as far as limitations?

Someone posted a thread about data usage in the last day or two. You might try finding that one and see if folks have posted the kind of usage they've had.
    09-26-11 05:02 PM
    95% of users use less than 2GB monthly of data. I bridge on AT&T and the most I ever use with moderate usage is ~400MB. It also helps if you're near Wi-Fi Hotspots (such as at work or school or home) to limit how much data you use.
    09-26-11 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD