Just bought a new 16GB Playbook, and it's stuck on the update cycle. I can't complete the update no matter what I try (3 different wireless connections, and the desktop manager). So i've gotten absolutely no where with it. PLEASE HELP!
    11-15-11 03:11 AM
    Has it worked before?? Have u tried updating to 2.0 ??
    11-15-11 03:39 AM
    A roadmap ...

BB Desktop Manager way

0. Make sure to update your BB DM, moreover if you're using a mac.
    1. Shut down completely your PB by pressing the physical stop button until full shutdown (do not release even if you see icons for soft stop/standby/restart) black screen.
    2. Start BB DM on your desktop and let it load full
    3. with your PB still stopped, plug it into USB
    4. BB DM should state "unable to connect to device" and offer (bottom buttons) either to repair or upgrade PB OS. Click the repair/upgrade button.

Let us know; please follow the roadmap in sequence.

Let's hope this is not a 1 post only ... again.
    diegonei likes this.
    11-15-11 04:00 AM
    Superfly:

Doesn't the pb still need wireless after that process to finish or will it boot and work without needing the wireless connection.

And to the original poster: So wifi is working but the process does not finish? In doing some updates to the OS that Rim offered in the past, it has sometimes taken me about 5 or 6 tries. Good luck
    11-15-11 08:55 AM
    F2, all that does is install a "clean" copy of the full operating system. After that, it's just like it generally is with a new unit out of the box... select language, select a WiFi hotspot, enter BBID, go through tutorials, etc.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-15-11 09:19 AM
    Been there. Do as Superfly posted. As F2 indicated the device will still need to connect to the wifi for a quick patch (20-30mb) before booting, but the core stuff will be alread loaded and the update will be fast and issueless.
    11-15-11 09:56 AM
    "Just bought"...

Take it back, get a different one.
    11-15-11 10:59 AM
    Just bought a new 16GB Playbook, and it's stuck on the update cycle. I can't complete the update no matter what I try (3 different wireless connections, and the desktop manager). So i've gotten absolutely no where with it. PLEASE HELP!
    You can wait for OS 2.0 ( coming soon in about 3- 6 months ) or return it.
    11-15-11 11:14 AM
    "Just bought"...

Take it back, get a different one.
    The OP wasn't asking whether or not to keep it.

(S)He wants assistance.

Are you getting commission for every Playbook that gets returned or are you just satisfying your own bitterness and/or malicious intent?
    diegonei likes this.
    11-15-11 11:28 AM
    The OP wasn't asking whether or not to keep it.

(S)He wants assistance.

Are you getting commission for every Playbook that gets returned or are you just satisfying your own bitterness and/or malicious intent?
    ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: Being unnecessarily passive-aggressive to a post while not assisting the OP in any meaningful way.
    11-15-11 12:53 PM
    YASP ...
    Yet Another Single Post ...
    11-15-11 02:41 PM
    Superfly:

Doesn't the pb still need wireless after that process to finish or will it boot and work without needing the wireless connection.

And to the original poster: So wifi is working but the process does not finish? In doing some updates to the OS that Rim offered in the past, it has sometimes taken me about 5 or 6 tries. Good luck
    As peter said, this will load the entire OS ... except ... what I think is the demo HD video (around 30 Mb). But I'm not certain.
    The problem here is that if there's something corrupted in OS device management (wifi, for instance), PB won't go threw the whole install process; so it's more reliable to let the BB DM handle this.
    But ... YASP ... again ... hope it'll help someone else, at least.
    11-15-11 02:44 PM
    Return it and buy a tablet that actually works. Read the threads. To many problems with this tablet.
    11-16-11 12:48 AM
    I don't have a problem with it. Maybe it's just you. Or do you even own one?

Return it and buy a tablet that actually works. Read the threads. To many problems with this tablet.
    11-16-11 02:29 AM
    im on my 3rd pb due to faulty ones...3rd times a charm though...this one works well.
    11-16-11 02:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD