Hello, if you're a playbook user like myself you may remember getting a random update not too long ago it may not have been the BB10 update many were hoping for but it was still nice to see that blackberry still supported their tablets however the update has only caused problems nothing major only slight hiccups in daliy use for example if my playbook dies it forgets every wifi setting which can get really annoying, with a new CEO at blackberry I was wondering if anyone new weather they plan to support the device, frankly a few BB10 features wouldn't go a miss but I've given up expecting that haha to be honest I love my playbook but I'm really thinking about getting a new tablet maybe a nexus 7 (2013) anyone feel the same?
    MUSHU likes this.
    02-20-14 06:36 AM
    With my Z30 I rarely use my playbook...movies on planes is about it. I have 4g LTE and my sim is no longer recognized. What do you like about nexus?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 06:51 AM
    I have one too, love, but the PlayBook is dead.

Z10 on Telus
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-20-14 06:51 AM
    my playbook is still working fine. use it all the time. probably the best and longest lasting piece of hardware Ive bought. I also hope BB wont give up on it. PlayBook daily should be Called PlayBook Monthly.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    Shadowyugi and Marci Stroman like this.
    02-20-14 06:59 AM
    I also wish there's a move from Chen about it, but I don't think it will happen anytime soon.
    02-20-14 07:03 AM
    I'm still on BB7 otherwise I'd probably be the same,with mainly the 7 inch format factor its close to the PlayBook but a better screen resolution faster processor Google apps all round high end specs at a low price point I think it starts at �200 for a 16g model in UK only problem is no expandable storage which has never been a problem on the PlayBook but still good deal
    jope28 likes this.
    02-20-14 07:12 AM
    Wow, those are a couple really long sentences.
    anon(5597702) and KoreyTM like this.
    02-20-14 08:19 AM
    I MIGHT consider a new tablet from BBRY but I'm done with the pb. It's old, slow, not supported unless you count you can send it in for repair. The battery is sure to die soon, how long do these batteries last? If it still works for someone, great but if it's so great why do you need updates?
    02-20-14 08:24 AM
    Ain't going to happen. Period.
    My first PB has been dutifly resigned to Navigation/Music in the Ridgeline (Magellan and Neutron Player with EVERY cd I own ripped to it), and My second PB is locked into my Audio/Tv system with a Music gateway.

My Z30 has stepped into the job that my 1st unit was, always with me, ready to do what I need to get done.

c
    02-20-14 08:48 AM
    I love my playbook(s) my son uses one of them for videos/tv shows (he's only 3). The other is used instead of a laptop, I do wish they would support it better (maybe update flash, better video decoder etc.....)

Posted via CB10
    Marci Stroman likes this.
    02-20-14 08:55 AM
    The last update programmed my playbook to go into a non chargeable undercharged below stack charging comma.

Thought that tab was the best thing ever. Got a Galaxy 8" and holy crap the PB is a slug compared.

Only thing missing is the always bridged calendar with my Bold.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    kbz1960 and Carl Estes like this.
    02-20-14 08:57 AM
    An update will be grand... But... ah well.. :-(
    02-20-14 09:31 AM
    The PlayBook Forums are the best on CrackBerry...community support is great for any PlayBook problems and there's a feeling that we're all in this together!! We need to keep banging the drum and hope to be heard by BlackBerry...we need Bridge Hub, Android Runtime, improved Browser!!

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    02-20-14 02:43 PM
    This is the first of two devices I have which seem to have been abandoned by the manufacturer...the other being my Sony Google TV box. Both have been waiting for a major update and I've given up on getting one. That being said, I still use my Playbook regularly (movies, read, some web surfing, daughter's games). It fills a need, but beyond some basic uses, the functionality is slowly dropping as time goes on. My Google TV? I bought a Chromecast to play around with it and maybe fill a void where the non-updated Google TV is falling behind on.

Moral of the story: don't hope for an update for the PB. If it fills a need, then continue using it, knowing that this will be as good as it gets. If it no longer meets your expectations, then find a suitable replacement. While I generally like my PB and Z10 and use both regularly, I could see my next move being a Nexus 7 and Nexus 5 (or whatever they have by that time).
    Marci Stroman and samson47 like this.
    02-20-14 03:03 PM
    Don't know if something is coming out of it, but when you complete the BlackBerry beta zone profile they ask if you own a PB what model do you have, your PB pin and later on asks your expertise on technology and your desire to test on it. Don't know if is being there for a long time but if they don't remove the PB questions maybe they still considering doing something with it.

Posted on my flagship Z30 10.2.1.2141
    02-20-14 06:56 PM
    On the meantime PlayBook UK will help us use the PlayBook to the best of its current capabilities by listing the Top ever Apps & Games for the PlayBook!! Keep a lookout for the nominations over the next few weeks!

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    02-22-14 07:13 AM
    My thoughts :

The PlayBook never happened as far BlackBerry is concerned.

It's down there with the Storm hidden under the rug.

BIG IF, IF we ever see a new tablet, it will probably come from Foxconn with BB10, all depends on how things pan out with the low end mobile device launch etc.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 07:29 AM
    I MIGHT consider a new tablet from BBRY but I'm done with the pb. It's old, slow, not supported unless you count you can send it in for repair. The battery is sure to die soon, how long do these batteries last? If it still works for someone, great but if it's so great why do you need updates?
    I got my playbook more than 2 years and the battery health was never hundred percent. It drops to mid to high 80's. Recently I check, it's at 100%. Lol!! Maybe mine will never die. Lol!!

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 07:35 AM
    I got my playbook more than 2 years and the battery health was never hundred percent. It drops to mid to high 80's. Recently I check, it's at 100%. Lol!! Maybe mine will never die. Lol!!

Posted via CB10
    LOL shows how accurate that is.
    02-22-14 07:48 AM
    I bought my PlayBook 3 years ago and still working well, the battery is ok and I would like a lot to it updated to bb10. I have a Z30 and is very good but I think that's the size of PB is very good to substitute my notebook, better to play games and to see movies.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 08:34 AM
    Hi ! this is a Tuto (in french)! For the playbook's hub ! http://www.blackberry-10.fr/forum/post3080.html#p3080

Running leak 10.2.1.2102
    03-01-14 09:55 AM
    It would be nice if BlackBerry would give us one last OS update for the PlayBook. Maybe a BB10 Lite with an updated Android Runtime? C'mon, Mr. Chen. Show the same support for us that we have shown for you.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 05:41 AM
    just stick to android 4 and longer screen time out. don't get it too complex or you'll scare them away.

I still think enough people would pay for an android 4 runtime to make it viable.
    03-12-14 01:31 PM
    Hi ! this is a Tuto (in french)! For the playbook's hub ! Le Hub sur Playbook, pas seulement un mythe ! – Autres terminaux Blackberry – Forum Addicts à Blackberry 10

Running leak 10.2.1.2102
    Yes, there is allegedly minimal support for BlackBerry Hub on the current BlackBerry PlayBook. However, it can only be activated with a special message type and is not the full BlackBerry Hub as seen on BlackBerry OS 10. The BlackBerry Tablet OS development team should have continued work on this tablet because they've not been very active even after moving over to the development team for BlackBerry OS 10. I'm starting to think the only development team is staffed entirely by revolving door interns and co-op students plus a cadre of full-time managers.
    03-14-14 10:01 AM
    Thor said "It was the hardest decision he had to make". Which was a lie but since that moment we will not get anything from RIM. Maybe we can get an update when we buy the PlayBook 2.
    03-14-14 02:19 PM