i just read that the playbook had an update available but i don't see it showing up on mines. i have the wifi only 16gb PB.......i tried checking manually but it showed no new update to download. i want to be updated ...help me out

edit: or is it just for the 4g playbook? :/
    08-05-12 12:50 PM
    The update was apparently pulled by RIM.
    08-05-12 12:54 PM
    WHAT????????? aw man, why?
    08-05-12 12:58 PM
    because thy dropped the ball yet once again. oh well.

LOL.....now i see why people been wanting 2.1 instead
    08-05-12 01:30 PM
    I didn't get the option either to update my OS. I had to backup my playbook, then restore my playbook to download updated OS.

Once you have backup your playbook with desktop software. Leave your playbook plugged in and restart it. While the playbook restarts, you will get the option that pops up to update. Click the update option. Follow the rest of the prompts. Desktop software is going to erase all the information off the playbook and install the latest version of the OS.

Once the playbook has latest OS, go through the setup and complete it. Then, use desktop software to restore all the information back to your playbook.

That's how I had to get the update.
    08-05-12 01:44 PM
    because thy dropped the ball yet once again. oh well.
    I wouldn't go quite as far as that. There was a security issue found with the vs of Adobe Flash found in the PB. Even though the PB's internal security should be able to counter the threat RIM released an update imediately to fix the vonerability.

Unfortunately because they were so quick to issue the security update (so quick the update come out B4 most people even heard about the problem with Adobe) they did not have time to do extensive testing. Seems that some people are getting battery issues after the install.

Where I would say that they "dropped the ball" is in not communicating about the update being pulled

Come on RIM I expect better then that from you...lately you guys have been getting way better at communicating with your customers
    08-05-12 01:59 PM
    Where's the crackberry.com news coverage of the pull?
    08-05-12 02:08 PM
    Just get the damn 2.1 beta...it's much more stable then the official 2.0 OS.
    08-05-12 02:14 PM
    Where's the crackberry.com news coverage of the pull?
    Are we surprised it didn't make the front page? Really?
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    08-05-12 02:57 PM
    I didn't get the option either to update my OS. I had to backup my playbook, then restore my playbook to download updated OS.

Once you have backup your playbook with desktop software. Leave your playbook plugged in and restart it. While the playbook restarts, you will get the option that pops up to update. Click the update option. Follow the rest of the prompts. Desktop software is going to erase all the information off the playbook and install the latest version of the OS.

Once the playbook has latest OS, go through the setup and complete it. Then, use desktop software to restore all the information back to your playbook.

That's how I had to get the update.
    If you did this today, I'd be interested to know what OS version you have on your PB.

668 was pulled yesterday, so the "latest version of the OS" available via DM is 358 (again) and my guess is you've gone round the houses to reload 358 on top of the 358 that you already had.
    08-05-12 03:20 PM
    Are we surprised it didn't make the front page? Really?
    Thor probably handed out some 4g PlayBook's to Kevin and Co to keep it quiet
    08-05-12 03:22 PM
    Just get the damn 2.1 beta...it's much more stable then the official 2.0 OS.

and where is this 2.1 beta???
    08-05-12 11:12 PM
    and where is this 2.1 beta???
    https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/register

There ya go,

Ignore the warning sign and just have fun!
    08-05-12 11:21 PM
    Thor probably handed out some 4g PlayBook's to Kevin and Co to keep it quiet
    I don;t think they care 4G,I think they only care BB10
    08-05-12 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD