Just got pushed an update that gave me youtube, kobo, podcast, music and stuff. Before i had to use a VPN on WIFI (which i made a video tutorial for) that gets all this + blackberry videos.

Anyone else get this? 30 MB update?
    nothing2003 likes this.
    03-10-12 01:05 AM
    I dunno what you got, but all that stuff was included before aside from the video store. Sounds like you had a messed up install previously if you never had any of those things.
    03-10-12 01:11 AM
    @ home i'm using a telus internet. After the security wipe and upgrade to 2.0 i didnt get the video app, you tube app and podcast app. But as soon as i used my neighbors shaw connection, voila an upgrade pop up and downloaded those apps. I think something is different with telus routers maybe.
    03-10-12 01:38 AM
    Confirmation on the video store working in Canada please
    03-10-12 01:45 AM
    I didnt get the video store. I only got video apps, youtube apps and podcast.
    03-10-12 02:04 AM
    Nothing for me.
    03-10-12 02:26 AM
    You can only get the video store if you use a USA VPN on your home WIFI connection. You can then watch movies and tv shows and rent content, there is a video tutorial on my youtube channel.
    03-10-12 04:16 AM
    immediately after the os2.0 update.. i got the second small update..

waiting on a new update... ................
    03-10-12 04:18 AM
    You can only get the video store if you use a USA VPN on your home WIFI connection. You can then watch movies and tv shows and rent content, there is a video tutorial on my youtube channel.

Cool, got a link for that?
    03-10-12 05:03 AM
    The Video Store does not work in Canada, but the videos you"ve already purchased and/or rented can be played.
    03-10-12 05:39 AM
    Nothing in central Alberta.
    03-10-12 09:00 AM
    When I am down in the US on business the video store app works for me. It showed up on my PlayBook the first time I went down there after the 2.0 update. But when I'm back home in Canada, the app no longer functions. Using a US proxy or VPN through a US network, I'm sure it would work from Canada.
    03-10-12 09:10 AM
    I'm on TELUS in Alberta and I have a 3MB update showing and I already have the apps mentioned above except for the Video Store before the update. I'm not seeing anthing new after the update. Must have just been missing something behind the scenes.
    Last edited by Mike_Luchia; 03-10-12 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Spelling
    nothing2003 likes this.
    03-10-12 10:07 AM
    When I am down in the US on business the video store app works for me. It showed up on my PlayBook the first time I went down there after the 2.0 update. But when I'm back home in Canada, the app no longer functions. Using a US proxy or VPN through a US network, I'm sure it would work from Canada.
    Ohhhhh, smuggling the video store into Canada!!!! Actually, lately the Border Patrol seems to think everything 100 miles south of the Border is Canada and inspects a few too many "suspects!"
    03-10-12 10:59 AM
    I'm on TELUS in Alberta and I have a 3MB update showing and I already have the apps mentioned above except for the Video Store before the update. I'm not seeing anthing new after the update. Must have just been missing something behind the scenes.
    Hmm. I already had that version installed. Oh well nothing new. Still same old crappy Youtube app.
    03-10-12 11:06 AM
    Nothing new here either
    03-10-12 11:47 AM
    i don't think the Video Store will be available for us for awhile. its good marketing that they tried it in the States first. gotta give them something to boost their rep back up with 'em.
    03-10-12 11:56 AM
    yup, already had that version a Loooong time ago...wonder why some folks are just getting it now?
    03-10-12 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD