CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    ask
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default PlayBook update. Bridge folder empty. Help.

Hey everyone I just updated playbook. And on the bridge folder. Its empty now. I only have the read me file.
    Any hints.
    Thanks
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    634 Global Posts

Are you bridgin a new Z10? If so the PIM apps are not available. Whether they will return in a future update is unknown.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    ask
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Yes from my z10. Thanks for info
    CrackBerry Abuser

Still, I'd delete your existing bridge (and the folder should go away) and re-create the connection wth the Z10. This has happened to me with my 9900. Often a restart or, sometimes, a hard reset, re-establishes the bridge folder, albeit with your brand-spanking-new Z10, somewhat crippled, for sure.

Could you post what the README says. I'm curious what it contains or explains.
    CrackBerry Abuser

This is what it says:

You have successfully connected your PlayBook tablet with your BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

Features supported on your tablet:

Internet access — Use your smartphone's wireless connection with your tablet if a Wi-Fi connection isn't available for your PlayBook applications.
    Files — View files saved on your smartphone from your tablet using the File Manager app.
    Remote Control — Use your smartphone as a wireless mouse and keyboard for your tablet.
    Bridge Browser for corporate browsing — If your smartphone is associated with a work account, use this app on your tablet to access your company's intranet.
    To access your email, contacts, and other personal information on your tablet, you can add your accounts in your PlayBook settings. Your wireless service provider or administrator might not allow you to use some of these features.
    Thanked by 2:
    Chaddface (02-15-2013),  F2 (02-15-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

I was disappointed too. I loved using the BB Bridge with my old Storm 9530. I enjoyed using BBM, text messaging and accessing email from my Playbook using the Bridge. I was quite surprised that I lost most of the useful features when traded in my Storm for the Z10. But, I read on another thread that they are going to upgrade the Bridge software for us Z10 users. So, hopefully it won't be too long of a wait.

Quote Originally Posted by kellysz01 View Post
    I was disappointed too. I loved using the BB Bridge with my old Storm 9530. I enjoyed using BBM, text messaging and accessing email from my Playbook using the Bridge. I was quite surprised that I lost most of the useful features when traded in my Storm for the Z10. But, I read on another thread that they are going to upgrade the Bridge software for us Z10 users. So, hopefully it won't be too long of a wait.
    Each time I read about the loss of those various Bridge features, I'm in denial that Rim/bbry would do such a shortsighted, well, STUPID, move. It helped the pb and the bbphone stand apart and was also incredibly helpful. I would not count on them fixing it anytime soon.
    Thanked by:
    kellysz01 (03-15-2013)