I just received notification of a software update for playbook.... Anyone else.....
    07-24-11 04:20 PM
    I just received notification of a software update for playbook.... Anyone else.....
    This is far from new...came out last week. Check your Playbook and see what OS level you're running at. The 2670 update seems to be a good one, but you might want to check other threads here to see what kind of issues some people are having with it before you upgrade your tablet...
    07-24-11 04:32 PM
    Hmmmm I should of checked my playbook for the current version, but I could of sworn that I did the last upgrade.... Getting old and must be losing my mind.... Thank you.....
    07-24-11 04:34 PM
    Hmmmm I should of checked my playbook for the current version, but I could of sworn that I did the last upgrade.... Getting old and must be losing my mind.... Thank you.....
    Sadly I know exactly what you're talking about
    07-24-11 04:44 PM
    Don't forget that the PB will prompt you for an update if you delete original programs or icons... Dunno if that's a bug or a feature, but....[sigh].
    07-24-11 04:44 PM
    I upgraded and it works well for me. A known issue is that WiFi sharing of files is not allowed. Overall, it has made my browser speeds better.
    07-24-11 04:49 PM
    Don't forget that the PB will prompt you for an update if you delete original programs or icons... Dunno if that's a bug or a feature, but....[sigh].

That doesn't happen with the newest OS.
    07-24-11 07:05 PM
    boy, i thought for sure with the lastest update it would kill the new thread updates lol guess not
    07-24-11 10:35 PM
    You are not getting senile... I updated mine last week and today it asked me to install an update... it was a very small update like the ones that happend when you delete something RIM doesn't want you to... but i can not remember if I did delete something... o well... at least it looks like everything works as usual but still need to confirm...
    07-24-11 10:59 PM
    everything work great....
    07-25-11 12:42 AM
    I've been trying to upgrade my Playbook to Version 1.0.7.2670 for a week now and I keep getting the following message:
    "There was a problem downloading the software update. Please save any work in progress then restart your tablet and try again."I've lost count how many times I've followed those instructions.
    Any help?
    Thanks.
    08-04-11 10:38 PM
    I would try using a different wifi location - starbucks, library, friend, etc.
    lucysandelin likes this.
    08-04-11 11:41 PM
    I had a similar situation earlier this week. I was running the latest .2670, didn't delete any apps or icons but then at the beginning of this week, I was prompted that an update to .2670 was available. This was a small update and only took a few seconds to install.

I installed it, but it hasn't made any noticeable changes.
    08-05-11 05:15 AM
    To F2: Well I'll be darned. That worked. Upgrade is done. Appreciate the idea...would have never thought would have been the solution.
    Thanks!
    08-05-11 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD