Today I tried backing up my playbook to my pc. When the backup was done I tried opening the back up file with blackberry backup extractor in order to convert .bbb backup file. The extractor window opens and it looks like its going thru the motions of converting and then it shows an error message - blackberry 10 backups are not supported yet - well hello I'm not extracting bb10 files - I'm trying to convert PLAYBOOK files so I know for sure that the backup did its job - WHAT AM I DOING WRONG ?
    01-02-14 05:52 PM
    Can anyone confirm that such software really works and is not a scam of some sort? I know I haven't been very active around here, but this totally surprises me.
    01-02-14 06:07 PM
    i've never heard of it,,, why would you want to convert playbook backup files??? they can't be read by pc, as far as i know,,, when you do a restore, desktop manager reads them as a proprietary file & reloads any info in there...
    01-02-14 07:25 PM
    01-02-14 07:27 PM
    Today I tried backing up my playbook to my pc. When the backup was done I tried opening the back up file with blackberry backup extractor in order to convert .bbb backup file. The extractor window opens and it looks like its going thru the motions of converting and then it shows an error message - blackberry 10 backups are not supported yet - well hello I'm not extracting bb10 files - I'm trying to convert PLAYBOOK files so I know for sure that the backup did its job - WHAT AM I DOING WRONG ?
    just go to start menu>documents>my documents>blackberry>backups,,, in there will be a file that's titled "Blackberry PlayBook [or given device name if you changed it] (date-of-backup).bbb" =---> BlackBerry PlayBook(01-01-2014).bbb ,,, this will tell you it's complete,,, also there should be a popup upon completion of backup...
    01-02-14 07:34 PM
    It looks to me that it's for extracting legacy phone backups. You shouldn't use BB Desktop software to back up your media anyway. If the backup file gets corrupted for some reason, you'll lose everything. Backup media manually. It's quicker to backup media manually anyway.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-02-14 08:23 PM
    My BlackBerry sense is tingling. Is this REAL or malware? That was my question really...
    01-02-14 10:29 PM
    My BlackBerry sense is tingling. Is this REAL or malware? That was my question really...
    yeah, my bs detector went off too when i looked @ the site,,, it sure smelled bad & i'm not downloading it to find out...
    01-03-14 08:57 AM
    It looks to me that it's for extracting legacy phone backups. You shouldn't use BB Desktop software to back up your media anyway. If the backup file gets corrupted for some reason, you'll lose everything. Backup media manually. It's quicker to backup media manually anyway.
    only thing about that is manual backups *may not* backup the .drm files that store the licenses to movies etc...
    01-03-14 09:00 AM