Not normal.. On 2nd PB since launch (horrible wifi issues) and only noticed that sometimes in the web browser clicking on links doesn't always activate them. No issues with touch sensitivity with the keyboard etc.

Call tech support and get an rma.. If this is the first call and within 90 days of registration you can get an advanced RMA where they ship you a replacement PB and put a hold on your Credit Card until they receive the defective one.

Don't wait and call them today.. Its alot more fun when you device works issue free..
    10-13-11 12:53 PM
    Not normal.. On 2nd PB since launch (horrible wifi issues) and only noticed that sometimes in the web browser clicking on links doesn't always activate them. No issues with touch sensitivity with the keyboard etc.

Call tech support and get an rma.. If this is the first call and within 90 days of registration you can get an advanced RMA where they ship you a replacement PB and put a hold on your Credit Card until they receive the defective one.

Don't wait and call them today.. Its alot more fun when you device works issue free..
    Not convinced this is an RMA issue. It seems normal from my experience. It's a operator issue. Inaccurate touching of small non-touch friendly sensitive areas, possibly unknowingly touching the bezel...
    10-13-11 03:17 PM
    I had a revelation on this last night.

I had not been noticing that I was holding the playbook with one finger in contact with the touch sensitive bezel.

This registered as a two finger touch apparently and disabled some other gestures.

Could this be the problem?
    Start paying attention to how you hold your playbook.

Get back to us.
    Glad you pointed this out. I was doing the same thing. Amazing how things work right when you use them correctly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-11 03:47 PM
    I had a heck of time at first with things not clicking etc. Come to find out you can't hold the thing by the bezel once someone here mentioned that and I adjusted to how I was holding it no problem.

But the others problem could be a failure of some type but setting it down and trying when your aren't holding it would be a good test.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 10-13-11 at 04:31 PM. Reason: are to aren't
    10-13-11 04:31 PM
    I've seen similar symptoms with my PB and it cleared up immediately with a restart (battery icon, Restart).

This evening it repeatedly ignored the wake-up swipe until about the 5th time. I'll probably reboot it again tonight.

I've got many gadgets and most of them seem to need, or benefit from, the occasional reboot. No big deal. Especially when the SW is still relatively immature.
    10-13-11 07:33 PM
    OS v1.0.6.2390

Had my Playbook now for 3 weeks and at first was highly delighted. As time has gone on, the touch screen has become more and more difficult to use. Especially the keyboard where it's now not unusual to have to touch a key 4 or 5 times to make it work. Ditto also on swipe gestures.

It's not consistent though. Sometimes it's fine. Often frustrating. You can use one finger to press a button and it will not react. You use another finger and it will then work.

I've consistently wiped the screen using the nice black cloth provided and I've also cleaned it over with a screen wipe or two. It doesn't make any difference whether the screen is covered with fingerprints or not. I also made sure I was grounded first in case it was a static issue. My wife tried it and finds the same problems. There is no difference whether it is charging or not.

I've never had a Touch Screen device before so:

1. Am I missing something vital here in how to use a touch screen?

2. Has anyone else had this problem?

3. Could it be the start of a hardware problem? Should I return it as faulty?

4. Does anyone know if there's an adjustment for screen sensitivity that I've missed?

Any help appreciated. Otherwise it's basically junk.

Just recently noticed this issue with mine. Over the 90 days, but an RMA was issued without any problems. Glad support is here for use. touch sensor seems to be the issue.
    03-30-12 02:32 PM
    I haven't had any problems at all, works great.
    03-30-12 06:56 PM
    1. Try powering it down. Let it set for a minute or two and then power it back up.
    2. Security wipe the PB and rebuild it from App World and not do a restore.

I feel many of the issues can fixed or improved upon by doing a wipe and full install.
    Updating from the 2.0 beta to the official release of 2.0 went smooth, bad had issues.
    Droid player was jerky at best. The browser snapped shut multiple times a day.

Wiped it and did a full install and things settled down to some degree.
    Droid player is smoother and fewer crashes.
    Same with the native web browser.

Many of us leave the PB running for months at a time by using Standby.
    Doing a full power down from time to time does help.

Tim
    03-30-12 08:34 PM
    You're probably going to think my suggestion is nonsense, but consider this: Aim your finger a little higher than you think, there's a roundness to our fingers so the point that touches is well below the tip. Also, I have found that certain types of buttons like the browser back button need a slightly longer touch. Also, the glass can be a bit unresponsive when it is cold. Put it in a warm place for a bit. Silly as it may sound, this all works for me.
    03-30-12 09:01 PM
    Do not have this problem.
    03-31-12 05:24 AM
    Hello,

I have some problems with the playbook screen too. There are some spots on the screen which don't seem to be touch-sensitive at all.

For instance, when going into the App World application, I can only access the "Features" and "My World" buttons, I cannot activate the "Games" and "Apps" buttons. When I rotate the tablet by 180 degrees, these 2 buttons become accessible.

Similarly, the Return buttons ( < ), Close button ( x ) for closing applications or windows, the button for accessing an e-mail account on the left fringe ( @ ), the write new message button ( + ) can only be accessed by rotating the tablet by 180 degrees. They work only with one tablet position � either top or button. This makes it necessary to constantly having to rotate the tablet to access all the functionality.

I also noticed there is sometimes a red fringe in the top left corner of the screen.

I am not sure if this is a hardware or software issue, but the tablet becomes almost unusable.

Thanks
    04-02-12 11:11 PM
    User problem not hardware.
    That's an ignorant comment. I've got the same trouble on my 2-month old 64GB. Just began happening yesterday. I've had a 32 since US release, and it still works fine. Are you gonna claim I don't know how to use my 64?

FWIW, a wipe had no effect. But it's so bad I almost couldn't run the setup. Anyway, called RIM and in a 15-minute call they issued an RMA and are sending a replacement to me. Easy as can be. Kudos to RIM for their support.
    04-06-12 04:01 PM
    Hello,

I have some problems with the playbook screen too. There are some spots on the screen which don't seem to be touch-sensitive at all.

For instance, when going into the App World application, I can only access the "Features" and "My World" buttons, I cannot activate the "Games" and "Apps" buttons. When I rotate the tablet by 180 degrees, these 2 buttons become accessible.

Similarly, the Return buttons ( < ), Close button ( x ) for closing applications or windows, the button for accessing an e-mail account on the left fringe ( @ ), the write new message button ( + ) can only be accessed by rotating the tablet by 180 degrees. They work only with one tablet position � either top or button. This makes it necessary to constantly having to rotate the tablet to access all the functionality.

I also noticed there is sometimes a red fringe in the top left corner of the screen.

I am not sure if this is a hardware or software issue, but the tablet becomes almost unusable.

Thanks
    Are you still under warranty? I would send it back if you 're having that kind of problem sounds like hardware.

The red fringe on the edge of your screen though is supposed to indicate that you have a message.
    04-06-12 04:35 PM
    I just bought a PlayBook too. I find it a bit laggy as well. I suppose I'm too old for a touch screen. I think this thing would be so much better with a keyboard and a trackpad. My lag also comes and goes. To me it seems like a software problem too. If it is a hardware problem it would be more consistent, or at least that's what I think... The lag is strongest in the browser and is most associated with the screen rotation and other built in features like tapping the top left for messages. If anyone has a similar concern or a solution I would love to hear it. Also, what's up with no screen sensitivity adjustments? I'm hoping there will be software improvements out soon...
    09-06-12 05:38 PM
    I have this issue currently with my 16 GB PlayBook. I remember having some issues before on a rare occasion but gripping the bezel a certain way normally seemed to fix it. I forgot about the issue and regifted the 16 GB PB to my son after getting myself a 64 GB model. He complained that sometimes the screen didn't work, and now it's pretty much unusable because it's gotten worse. This particular PB was a replacement for my original one, which had been RMA'd for a camera that would no longer work. So I'm not sure this is under any kind of warranty.

I did a hard reset again, and I'm trying the debrick method now. So if it don't work, I'll try the RMA route if they cover it.
    10-17-12 01:13 PM
    I've had the PB for 2 1/2 months. Function remains nominal. No change.
    No lag here. Nice fluid operation.
    You answered twice within an hour. You come off as a blind defender of RIM as seen in other threads as well. What's the term for a reverse troll?
    He was just reiterating that his PlayBook works fine. Since when is it a crime to let people know that your PlayBook is working properly?

And if posting twice within an hour was a crime, the mods would have tweaked that "feature" long ago.

Interesting, and right after you and the couple of people who thanked your post said that Edward is wrong, look what happens:
    Still the same beautiful, fluid UI as day one.
    Nah, he's not trying to wind him up at ALL! Edward's just being mean, right?

EDIT: Oh I see that he was banned. Yeah I guess you and your thankers were right to call Edward wrong after all. How silly of him! (goes searching for a larger sarcasm emoticon)
    10-17-12 02:09 PM
    Nothing fixed my issue. Support had me debrick again and I sent them a support report via the help app, but ultimately, it is being RMA'd. So definately a hardware issue of some kind.
    10-19-12 10:52 AM
    Have the same issue. when I try to zoom in a web page, it goes south every now and again. the page zooms 10 times then moves right or left. weird...
    10-19-12 11:29 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD