I know this will sound picky, but here goes...when I travel, my playbook keeps saying "timezone changed America/Chicago" when I am in Saskatchewan, and America/Denver when I am in Alberta. For starters, I have autoset time zones set to off, secondly, I am in Canada, not America. Also, in the summer, Saskatchewan doesn't use daylight savings time, CDST wouldn't be correct. Any advice would be appreciated.
    12-07-12 02:05 PM
    Move to the USA!

I am not sure why it is changing timezones when you have asked it not to. I know some folks have for some reason wound up in Saskatchewan and had trouble changing that setting.

PS: I'm not sure why the US has a "lock" on being America. If is the US of America. Can't you be Canada of America? Or do you folks choose to be your own continent!??!
    12-07-12 02:58 PM
    I know this will sound picky, but here goes...when I travel, my playbook keeps saying "timezone changed America/Chicago" when I am in Saskatchewan, and America/Denver when I am in Alberta. For starters, I have autoset time zones set to off, secondly, I am in Canada, not America. Also, in the summer, Saskatchewan doesn't use daylight savings time, CDST wouldn't be correct. Any advice would be appreciated.
    I was having a similar issue my PB would be changing time zones, and found out later that it was due to being bridged to my BlackBerry 9930, when the time zone on the phone changed so did the PB.
    12-07-12 03:17 PM
    Here is what I found on the BB knowledgebase:

Environment
    BlackBerry� PlayBook� tablet
    PR100137

Overview
    When selecting time zone of -6 within the BlackBerry� Playbook� tablet*settings, the Date and Time settings show minus 1 hour from what the home screen of the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet displays. This looks to be caused by the time zone not using Daylight saving time. Turning off Set Date and Time Automatically and changing the time manually will also manipulate the time on the homescreen and remain 1 hour off. This issue occurs for all -6 timezones excluding Central Time(-6)

This occurs for the following timezones:

Central America (-6)

Saskatchewan (-6)

Mexico City � Old (-6)

Mexico City � New (-6)

Resolution
    This is a previously reported issue that has been escalated internally to our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available.

KB27262-Selecting time zone that is -6 does not update on the BlackBerry PlayBook accordingly
    12-07-12 06:02 PM
    I'm not sure why the US has a "lock" on being America. If is the US of America. Can't you be Canada of America? Or do you folks choose to be your own continent!??!
    OK F2, the US of A doesn't have a lock on being America. They just think they do. All those tv shows where they grandly announce "America has decided who will be the next [insert random reality show title here]".

America has 3 parts: North America, Central America and South America. But most yanks think the good old US of A is "America".

The name of our country is one word, Canada. You guys chose to name your country with 4 words and now yall long for a one word name, hence all the continual use of America. But go ahead, the rest of us don't begrudge you that little bit of naming simplicity. So, yeah, we don't want to be "Canada of America", as you proposed. Everyone knows where the second largest country in the world is located, on the TOP of America, the supercontinent that stretches from Tierra del Fuego all the up to the Arctic Ocean. And then there is the third largest country in the world, just below us!!!

Let's all remember that the U.S. rockets like the Apollo moonshots and the space shuttle all said "United States" on the side, not "America".
    juacas, FF22, kbz1960 and 1 others like this.
    12-07-12 06:55 PM
    Thanks, PatrickMJS, for putting me in my place - just below "Oh, Canada"
    PatrickMJS and kbz1960 like this.
    12-07-12 08:51 PM
    Glad you got a giggle out of that!

And hey, YOU started it!!! LOL

Occasionally I just need a good laugh after reading some of the stuff posted here. Trouble is, sometimes when I write something while laughing my head off, others who read it don't "get" the humorous intent, and it starts a whole wave of slagging & dissing.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-08-12 09:19 AM
    So ....... if a person from Canada is a Canadian, what is someone from the United States? A United Statian?

(gonna sit back and watch this one)
    Last edited by DC506; 12-08-12 at 10:42 AM.
    12-08-12 10:23 AM
    , I am in Canada, not America.
    Yes you are. For timezones. America refers to all the land in the "New World". That's all of NA, CA, and SA.

Clock apps that rely on the open source TZ database also list America/Edmonton. Feel free to check out What's My Time Zone?.

Perhaps you are running some other clock app?
    12-08-12 12:07 PM
    Glad you got a giggle out of that!

And hey, YOU started it!!! LOL

Occasionally I just need a good laugh after reading some of the stuff posted here. Trouble is, sometimes when I write something while laughing my head off, others who read it don't "get" the humorous intent, and it starts a whole wave of slagging & dissing.
    Yes, INTONATION counts for a lot and is very hard to hear while I'm typing!
    12-08-12 06:08 PM