I have an unlimited ATT data plan, Is there any way to tether my playbook without losing that plan? I would be willing to pay for tethering if i didnt lose my unlimited plan but it seems that isnt an option with ATT.
    08-05-11 11:13 PM
    I was told by ATT customer service that I would have to give up my grand fathered unlimited plan to get tethering. Bridge browsing works for me, and that is not tethhering!
    08-06-11 07:30 AM
    I understand the reluctance to lose a grandfathered plan, but I'm wondering how many people would ever approach any plan limits. Don't you need to do a lot of streaming to eat up data at that rate? I'm sure some people do this, but I think 3G streaming sucks (for me). Just wondering what type of use it takes to approach data plan limits.
    08-06-11 07:46 AM
    I understand the reluctance to lose a grandfathered plan, but I'm wondering how many people would ever approach any plan limits. Don't you need to do a lot of streaming to eat up data at that rate? I'm sure some people do this, but I think 3G streaming sucks (for me). Just wondering what type of use it takes to approach data plan limits.
    It would take a crap load of watching youtube and streaming video for a person with a blackberry to reach that limit. i had the tethering data on att and never even came close using the 4g of datat even with tethering to my computer or playbook. So worrying about losing an unlimited data plan really has no bearing on what you do, at least for me it has never made a big difference.
    08-06-11 08:27 AM
    I am not so concerned about present technology but who knows what the future holds. I believe AT&T is desiring everyone to loose their grandfathered plans. Adding this feature should be no different than adding any other feature that is available such as navigation.
    08-06-11 12:20 PM
    This last month was my record. 12 gb's
    08-06-11 12:46 PM
    I did not think that it was a big deal either until I put my wife on the 4gb plan. I'm on wifi all the time between work and home so I did not mind loosing unlimited. I did not know that my wife did not have wifi at her job and I got a bill saying that she used 12gb's of data I thought they were lying. She sits at work and let's her ipod stream netflix and her iphone stream pandora all day and that adds up without wifi.
    08-06-11 03:39 PM
    I did not think that it was a big deal either until I put my wife on the 4gb plan. I'm on wifi all the time between work and home so I did not mind loosing unlimited. I did not know that my wife did not have wifi at her job and I got a bill saying that she used 12gb's of data I thought they were lying. She sits at work and let's her ipod stream netflix and her iphone stream pandora all day and that adds up without wifi.
    wow I'm guessing she doesn't work with a computer then. What's the damage for a bill like that?
    08-06-11 03:44 PM
    And that's the difference on an iphone who's data is not compressed like the blackberries data this is not hard to do. Plus streaming netflix and pandora all day will do it no matter what phone you use. To be honest that why carriers are charging for data the way that they are,people who sit around and just use data like there is no tomorrow. Yes I know you pay for it but damn take a break. Plus on an umlimited data plan this could happen as well. There is no real unlimited data plan your wife could have been doing this with an unlimited plan and they would have throttled down her speeds when they noticed how much data she was using. The difference is now the just keep tacking on a $10 charge for every time she reaches another gig of data. Not to mention they do send out a notice after the first charge so being surprised about that bill IMO you should have been ready for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-11 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD