Just collecting some basic info about user experience with their Playbook. Haven't gotten mine yet but I'm curious...

1. When did you get your Playbook, where did you purchase it from and how much did it cost you?

2. Why did you choose the Playbook over other similar tablets? Do you own a Blackberry phone?

3. What do you mostly use your Playbook for?

4. Any problems or defects with your particular unit?

5. Are you concerned about the future of Playbook and the updates?

6. Are you satisfied with your purchase? What could be better?
    01-23-12 09:01 PM
    - I bought it 5 months ago

- I chose it because I really like my 9800 phone i.e. BB fan and it felt like quality hardware the first time I tried it, loved the swipe UI

- I use it for everything

- no defects, no dead pixels, on-off button is good

- I'm not concerned about updates, OS2 will make it much more attractive...I think business is waiting for OS2 PIM, this should generate sales

- very satisfied with purchase, I would buy the next more powerful pb...pb3?
    01-23-12 09:23 PM
    Just collecting some basic info about user experience with their Playbook. Haven't gotten mine yet but I'm curious...

1. When did you get your Playbook, where did you purchase it from and how much did it cost you?

2. Why did you choose the Playbook over other similar tablets? Do you own a Blackberry phone?

1. Release day, Staples, full price.
    2. hardware, display, no iTunes, new OS, faith in RIM
    3. Writing, reading, web, music, video, photos, RPG gaming
    4. no. Had to reload OS once
    5. Yes
    6. Want Bluetooth audio, better PDF reader, Docs to Go. a few more apps.
    01-23-12 09:35 PM
    1. 2 weeks ago
    2. Ive been very satisfied with other rim products in the past so i gave it a chance. yes bold 9780.
    3. web browsing, listening to music, and facebook/twitter.
    4. none.
    5. no after 2.0 comes out we should see alot more pb users.
    6. one of the best purchases ive ever made. more apps
    01-23-12 10:21 PM

1. When did you get your Playbook, where did you purchase it from and how much did it cost you? December 11, 2011 from Amazon for $250.00

2. Why did you choose the Playbook over other similar tablets? Do you own a Blackberry phone?best overall bang for the buck, great UI and OS, promising future. Yes I have a BB phone.
    3. What do you mostly use your Playbook for? Just about everything. literally

4. Any problems or defects with your particular unit?none whatsoever

5. Are you concerned about the future of Playbook and the updates?No, I actually think RIM will bounce back

I really like PlayBook. 2.0 will resolve most shortcomings.
    01-23-12 10:34 PM
    1. Bought it a little over two months ago
    2. Replaces the phone (9860) for everything but calls.
    3. Reading, email, text, Facebook, Twitter, Researching, etc etc etc
    4. Only problem is that the Playbook is smarter than me at times!
    5. Not in the least ... 2.0 should shut the critics up quickly
    6. I would sell mine in a heartbeat ... Only to buy the Playbook 64gb
    01-23-12 10:36 PM
    3 days ago at bestbuy for 279
    I am extremely satisfied with it, and its only going to get better with 2.0
    yes i have a bb9800
    I use it for web browsing, games, music, video, recording video/pics.
    0 problems
    I am no concerned with updates, just want it now.
    I am very satisfied with my purchase but I would like more app support (android market)
    01-23-12 10:36 PM

My Answer

1. 1st week after launching day..bought from friends with RRP price and it is 16GB
    2. Choose playbook coz it is smart tablet, multi-tasking and fully flash yes i own a blackberry phone rite now im using bold touch 9900
    3. im always browsing,mp3 and some movie..and video call everynite with my gf
    4. so far no problems with my 16gb playbook..only got 1 time software problem on my 32gb playbook..bought another 1 playbook 5month ago..
    5.patiently waiting the new updates..n i believe this qnx tablet will more insane soon
    6. im satisfied with my purchase this playbook bought 2 set edi..hmm..android player will be nice if show up on upcoming Os 2.0
    01-23-12 10:51 PM
    1) Bought 4 Playbooks. My last one (64Gb) was bought about two months ago from Best Buy for $230. I got the 3d 16Gb Playbook for my wife from Office Depot for about $140 about 4 months ago. My first two 16Gbs were bought sometime in Augusts from Staples at $240 each and were returned shortly after.

2) I have an Android phone. I also owned a Xoom but it was too big for me and I didn't quite like Honeycomb (laggy and unintuitive IMO). There were also just a handful of Honeycomb optimized apps at the time I decided to switch.

3) Web browsing. But soon will use it for email and calendar. Now, I use my phone to work with my email on the go.

4) Only non-clicking volume up button on the 64Gb. The first two returned units had a bulge, multiple dead and stuck pixels, light bleeding. My wife's current 16Gb has a large bulge but is OK otherwise.

Edit: Web browser crashed quite a few times.

5) I am not concerned about OS 2.0, but concerned about app developers (Skype, Kindle, etc.) ignoring the Playbook.

6) I am satisfied. Quality control could be better (3 out 4 defective in my case is too much). And, of course, since the Playbook is RIM's flagship device currently, RIM should put much more effort into adding features and attracting developers.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 01-24-12 at 12:40 AM.
    01-23-12 10:54 PM

1. two weeks ago, office depot, 3 bones, no warrenty
    2. I'm a berry all the way. yes, have the 9810 and 9800.
    3. CB forums, and everything.
    4. None what so ever.
    5. Not even a little. Looking forward to OS 2.
    6. Very. lots of room for improvement, posted in various threads...
    01-23-12 11:05 PM
    1. London Drugs/December/199 CAD

2. Price was the biggest factor. My laptop was huge so I just wanted something more portable for browsing and playing media via HDMI. No, this is my first BB product.

3. Browsing > Movies > Music > Games.

4. No, it appears I've got a 'good one'.

5. I am and I'm not. As I said in #2, price was one of the biggest factors. Prior to the playbook going on sale I tried to get in on the touchpad during the fire sale, knowing full well it would no longer be supported. Having said that, I've grown quite fond of the playbook and hope to see its continued support. It already does everything I want it to, and with the hopeful release of 2.0 just around the corner it should be able to do those things a little better.

6. Yes, although I kind of wish I had sprung for a slightly larger (storage space-wise) model. I'm not huge on apps and I know android support in 2.0 will help but I'd like to see more open/available communication services (i.e. video and text chat).
    01-23-12 11:11 PM
    1. Got a 16gb on launch date, exchanged for 32gb a week later, had it stolen in July, bought 64gb in September
    2. Choose PlayBook because of multitasking and flash support; size also a big consideration. I have a torch 9800 from work.
    3. Web browsing
    4. None. Some of the units I have had had a slight bulge at the back.
    5. Not really. In its current form with OS 2.0, I think it will be fine without any further updates.
    6. Very satisfied with the purchase. Only tablet that I purchased and will purchase at full price.
    01-23-12 11:13 PM
    I wanted the playbook from the day it was announced. The family has operated in the Apple ecosystem for years but the iPad did not etice any of us. So when $200 PB became available I bought one at the last day of the sale. I want it to replace most of my laptop functions. If OS 2 delivers what it should I will have made a good decision. Tablets are just barely able to function as stand alone devices, I will still need to have a computer for some functions. I understand that the apple product is well advanced down the road to indeendence, but Apple is still primarily a hardware device purveyr and the need to have multiple devices will continue to drive Apple device design. There is a possibility that RIM can develop this OS and device family to operate untethered. I have never owned a feature phone or smart phone. If I have the need to upgrade to such a BB phone is in my future. It is not just bridge. I have very real problems with web based email service from Gmail and Mac.com mail on Playbook. I currently use my aol account (LOL) as my email service on the Playbook. I am thinking that Google and Apple are blocking my access to my accounts through the Playbook. F-BOMB THEM IF TRUE. So far nearly all my expectations have been met..... but I have very definite demands to be met by OS 2. This piece of hardware rocks. Rocks can make great paperweights.
    01-23-12 11:33 PM

1. September at Telus team webstore, it cost me $200

2. I tried it when it was at 500 and I return it because I couldnt justify paying that much for a tablet. At 200 its perfect for my use. I got the 9790

3. Read news when eating in the morning, play cards when I cant sleep and bring it with me when I go out of town.

4. None

5. I am not too concerned. I believe 2.0 will make that much of a difference. Even if they decide to stop updating it, it will keep doing what I need it to do.

6. Very satisfied. I am just waiting for 2.0 with all the things we heard about but that's it.
    01-23-12 11:34 PM

First day. Favorite 3rd party seller. MSRP

It was a BlackBerry. I wasn't in the hunt for a tablet of any kind. I own a 9900(BIS) and a company 8520 (Soon to be a 9780) BES.

Work. Helps me so much. Saves me from having to lug a laptop/netbook around. At home I use it as a media hub/controller.

None.

No, I was more concerned at the lack of communication from RIM regarding the PB.

Well, hindsight is 20/20. I knew what I was getting into (just didn't think it would take this long) when I bought the tablet. I have waited this long. Basic things that should have been included. Native e-mail and contact apps, easier connectivity out of box.
    01-23-12 11:48 PM

About a month ago.

I love RIM products, have heard good things about the PlayBook and can't stand "the other fruit company". I also liked the size. I did not want something excessively large (ie: 10" tablet) and like the portability. And the BlackBerry Bridge is a great feature for integration with my BB phone.

Surfing the internet and playing games. Loving Madden 12 and NOVA2 and I think I'm going to grab Modern Combat soon. . . . have many others to fill the time as well.

Nope. Is perfect. As are the other 2 in my family.

Concerned ? No. Excited is more like it. Playbook is a great device "as is" but any upgrades will be awesome !

Yes I am. Better ? SMS via BlackBerry Bridge. Also, would like to see more accessories for it.
    01-23-12 11:52 PM
    1. April 2011, bought online full price from Sears Canada and had it shipped to me by my cousin.

2. Prefer the smaller more portable size plus the bridge to my 9810 is hard to beat.

3. Everything! Reading, browsing, playing games, email, BBM, reminders, notes, sketching ideas, streaming TV shows, you name it.

4. My HDMI port stopped working recently, currently have a case open with Support.

5. Slightly concerned. I'm hoping the new CEO doesn't drop the current iteration of the PB too soon.

6. Extremely satisfied. My PB never leaves my side, the only things I can think of that could be better (keyboard mainly) should be sorted out in OS 2.0 and the one that can't (space) I am fixing by buying a 64gb PB.
    01-23-12 11:55 PM
    1. 12/23/11 Best Buy according to CS i bought the last PB in the city. (that day in all Best Buy) $213

2. i'm not an isheep. price was perfect. fact that i dont need wifi or extra data plan to use web. yup bold 9650

3. crackberry, scrapbook, lexulous, bible app, facebook

4. perfect condition.

5. kinda. last week of january and we dont have a date for os 2.0

6. absolutely. wish it had a flash.
    01-24-12 12:00 AM

December when Best Buy had their sale; $230 for 64gb

Price

Movies while traveling, PDF reading, web-browsing, music

Original unit had a screen issue. RIM Tech support replaced the unit for free

I myself am not concerned since I'm satisfied with my current unit but that doesn't mean I have a whole lot of confidence in RIM.

Yes (for the price). PDF mark ups, video/audio codecs. looking forward to OS 2.0 for e-mail and calendar which should significantly boost my PB use.
    01-24-12 12:01 AM

SBB - $299 for the 64 GB model

2. Why did you choose the Playbook over other similar tablets?
    TBQH I was drunk when I ordered it. And when I got it I immediately started freaking out over how the blogspace hated the thing and after buying it I was like "What have I done? How can I root this sucker to Android?!?” before I started actually playing with it.

And despite the bad press for it, it's actually an amazing tablet. I mean, it's really the best one that I've played with (and I've hacked/jailbroken a lot of tablets just to unlock the full potential of the slew that I have worked on).

Do you own a Blackberry phone?
    No. Never have. Alas, I will never understand these Crackberry arguments about physical keyboards versus virtual keyboards....though, I am probably saving a fortune on aspirin.

Work, social networking, school - just about everything. And programming.

Oh, and trolling! The most worthwhile persuit that anyone on the Internet can partake in! (just kidding).

No.

No.

6. Are you satisfied with your purchase?
    Yes.

What could be better?
    Lots, but this isn't to imply that the current offering isn't good.
    Last edited by Bozarth; 01-24-12 at 12:18 AM.
    01-24-12 12:12 AM
    6. absolutely. wish it had a flash.
    good point, and auto focus...
    01-25-12 12:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD