So I've asked before but I wanted to see if there are new developments. My playbook used to be fabulously fast but now it jitters constantly, pretty much everything since the os 2 update. Moving the cursor in text has at least a 5 second day, typing is exhausting as the keyboard freezes for upwards of 15 seconds, the music app will randomly stutter, and even the browser will freeze on simple html text pages. I've done clean installs for each update, sent it in through warranty(they said it was fine), rarely have more than two apps open, and kept at least 6gb clear. Any suggestions?
    11-17-12 08:13 PM
    Wipe... if that doesn't work then it's probably a hardware issue. Your PlayBook should NOT perform that horribly.
    rexrim likes this.
    11-17-12 09:10 PM
    agreed @BB-Bmore try wiping ur pb and if still perform like that go send to waranty..goodluck
    11-17-12 09:16 PM
    It came back from RIM about two weeks ago with a clean bill of health and did the keyboard lag right out of the return box, so I wiped it, reloaded the latest os, and it still did it. Not to sound cruel, but I was hoping everyone would be having the issue so at least I wouldn't be lost...
    11-17-12 10:13 PM
    Mine got very slow after overfilling it with data (something under 100 MB of free space), after wiping and choosing files and apps/games wisely leaving enough free space it got smooth again. Heard about the same problem from plenty of other users, so check your storage info and if it is the same problem, try removing some data and software and perform a reboot. If this doesn't help, do a wipe.
    11-17-12 10:16 PM
    So I've asked before but I wanted to see if there are new developments. My playbook used to be fabulously fast but now it jitters constantly, pretty much everything since the os 2 update. Moving the cursor in text has at least a 5 second day, typing is exhausting as the keyboard freezes for upwards of 15 seconds, the music app will randomly stutter, and even the browser will freeze on simple html text pages. I've done clean installs for each update, sent it in through warranty(they said it was fine), rarely have more than two apps open, and kept at least 6gb clear. Any suggestions?
    Try to wipe it first. If it's not working, reinstall the playbook with desktop manager.
    11-17-12 10:37 PM
    It came back from RIM about two weeks ago with a clean bill of health and did the keyboard lag right out of the return box, so I wiped it, reloaded the latest os, and it still did it. Not to sound cruel, but I was hoping everyone would be having the issue so at least I wouldn't be lost...
    Is it slow in all apps or in the Browser or responding to screen taps on app icons, or .....?
    11-17-12 11:51 PM
    Are you using android apps? My playbook had the same behaviour, after a hard reboot it was working well and after some time it got very slow. Typing in the browser was almost impossible. On the other side, my wife's playbook has been working well. The only difference is that I was using the crackberry forums app. I stoped using it three days ago and so far so good no more lagging (up to now).

I don't know if this is going to be a permanent solution neither have any other explanation, this is a mere observation and a high hope to bring things back to normal. If android apps are working well for other people I don't doubt it, maybe my setup is causing this problem with them.
    11-18-12 07:35 AM