I can get one for $82 for a lte 64gb playbook used, is it worth buying or should I spent that money elsewhere.

Ideally its going to be just used for browsing when the q10 is too small, watch .mkv movies and read .cbr comics.
    02-02-14 03:09 PM
    For that price, for a 64GB model, that's a pretty good deal, I'd say.
    More so for the LTE model, but not sure if you'll use that.

Mine is still used daily by my wife a little and my girls a lot. Still going strong.
    I will tell you the screen is a little dim compared to your Q10, but not horribly so.
    02-02-14 03:14 PM
    For that price, for a 64GB model, that's a pretty good deal, I'd say.
    More so for the LTE model, but not sure if you'll use that.

Mine is still used daily by my wife a little and my girls a lot. Still going strong.
    I will tell you the screen is a little dim compared to your Q10, but not horribly so.
    Thanks, is still adequate enough as people have been saying I should pass it up. But I like the idea of bridge between the q10 and playbook however, maybe its because I like the idea itself?.

Is the browser adequate, or is it a crash fest?.
    02-02-14 03:25 PM
    There is no 64GB LTE as far as I recall, only a 32GB lte. $82 for an LTE playbook is still a pretty good deal. The faster processor should help with boot times. Download the Origami Browser, it definitely felt like an upgrade over the stock browser. Rarely ever crashes.
    02-02-14 03:30 PM
    It's an awesome deal grab it or I will. Lol btw I have 3 of them.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 03:33 PM
    That's a great deal for 64 GB PlayBook. If you don't go for it I will.

Posted with my Z10
    02-02-14 03:34 PM
    guy said it was 64Gb LTE?, it has a faster processor but is the browser still good?.
    02-02-14 03:37 PM
    I can get one for $82 for a lte 64gb playbook used, is it worth buying or should I spent that money elsewhere.

Ideally its going to be just used for browsing when the q10 is too small, watch .mkv movies and read .cbr comics.
    Make a smart decision. Ask the seller how much he used it and expected battery life. Some of these devices are getting 3 years on them and batteries and hardware are giving out. If mint condition, could be a great buy; if used hard, maybe not. Some other choices for $50 more would be a new Hisense Sero Pro (8 GB memory, SD card expansion), 1st gen Nexus 7 (32 GB; no HDMI out), or Samsung Tab 3 (8 GB, SD card expansion). Hard to say on this one...
    02-02-14 03:50 PM
    Thanks, is still adequate enough as people have been saying I should pass it up. But I like the idea of bridge between the q10 and playbook however, maybe its because I like the idea itself?.

Is the browser adequate, or is it a crash fest?.
    Personal experience with Browser on PlayBook is great. Browser on ours is used heavily at times, and sometimes with numerous tabs left open for prolonged periods. YMMV...
    02-02-14 04:09 PM
    I wouldn?t bother. I own 2 of them, they are ok, but wouldn't buy a other.

There are lots of cheap Android tabs out there that are so much better.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 04:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    For that price I disagree unless it is just for games. I think the PlayBook is still the best unit in the sub $150 range to actually get real work done with. It is too bad it was never really finished as a product.
    Just my opinion.
    02-02-14 10:46 PM
    Link so I can buy one in UK please lol.

My 2 year old loves his 64gb PB, it's destruction proof. Only protection is a blue BlackBerry rubber sleeve. Survived a stroppy throw onto concrete and tiles so far. Absolutely no damage and plays movies perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 08:40 AM

don't buy a used or refurbed,,, get a new one if you can...
    02-03-14 03:56 PM
    Posted via CB10
    I have a cheap android 7", and just bought the playbook. I like the PB better. It's not perfect, and it doesn't have 1 million apps available, but for email and browsing, it's a nice machine. The solid feel is great. The cheap android tablet feels, . . . cheap.
    02-04-14 11:25 AM
    I adore my 64GB PlayBook and use it every day. Still in love with it and would buy another one straightaway if my current one died tomorrow.
    AerithBloodmoon likes this.
    02-04-14 05:59 PM
    I have both a Playbook and the new Nexus 7 2013 edition. I think it's safe to say I'll never use my Playbook again, as the Nexus destroys it in every single category.

The screen quality, speed, integration with Google services are all top notch on the Nexus. I would spend a bit more and get that device as its worth it.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 09:20 PM
    Here is a test for your nexus versus the PB. Go outside, drop them both from about 2ft up, face down onto concrete. Which one is smashed to pieces?

I bought a 64gb Playbook for my 1 year old, most solid tablet I could find on the market. Its utterly bomb proof, it's been launched in a rage, had milk spilled all over it, bashed with toys and it'd still like new. No screen protector fitted and a BlackBerry blue silicone sleeve is all the protection it's got. The boy is now 2 and he just wouldn't be without his PB. I've installed some educational games, and a whole heap of early learning cartoons.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 05:41 AM
    just buy an android tablet. playbook is no more.
    02-05-14 07:55 AM
    just buy an android tablet. playbook is no more.
    If you do buy Android buy a good one because some are low res screens and not so hot. Also prepare to have Google in your bedroom. Use your BB Playbook for things you hope to keep a little more private.
    MP2100 and dazzleaj like this.
    02-05-14 09:18 AM
    I love my 4G LTE. It does everything I need it to do and does it all well. At that price, you can't go wrong! Enjoy!
    02-05-14 04:43 PM
    I have both a Playbook and the new Nexus 7 2013 edition. I think it's safe to say I'll never use my Playbook again, as the Nexus destroys it in every single category.

The screen quality, speed, integration with Google services are all top notch on the Nexus. I would spend a bit more and get that device as its worth it.

Posted via CB10

If we're going to pick bones I'd rather have a Windows 8 tablet than an Android. Let's not forget that the selection of software ('apps') available for Windows 8 (normal, not RT) on tablets is vastly superior to the funky-hipster collection of bits and pieces that makes up Google Play.
    AerithBloodmoon likes this.
    02-05-14 05:49 PM
    If you do buy Android buy a good one because some are low res screens and not so hot. Also prepare to have Google in your bedroom. Use your BB Playbook for things you hope to keep a little more private.
    I agree with that. The PB is not a recent device anymore, but I like it a lot. For the price of a low cost PB, you can buy a cheap Android tablet. But if you compare a top of the line Android tablet, sure, it's probably better than a PB. That's apples-to-oranges. If you were comparing the original price of the PB, that'd be a different story. And I also consider the other point, google is watching. Not so likely on a Playbook.
    dazzleaj likes this.
    02-05-14 06:11 PM
    The PB's hardware may still be excellent but the dead-end OS and app store make it worthless. You're better off getting a 2012 Nexus 7 if you want cheap or save up a bit for a small Win8 tablet. Good hardware means nothing if there are no apps to run on it.
    02-05-14 09:33 PM
    The PB's hardware may still be excellent but the dead-end OS and app store make it worthless. You're better off getting a 2012 Nexus 7 if you want cheap or save up a bit for a small Win8 tablet. Good hardware means nothing if there are no apps to run on it.
    I have a 2012 Nexus 7 and while it has some good points it is slow and slmewhat quirky. If you want Android buy a newer model. Really use my two Playbooks more.
    02-05-14 09:47 PM
    Well, after my initial disappointment in the server fiasco of a couple of weeks ago I continue to use my playbook and love it. So I am going to contradict myself and say go for it. Even coming up on four years old this is an awesome tablet and the build quality is unrivaled...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9330
    02-05-14 10:51 PM
34 12