Well it's been well over six months now since I snagged a 64gb model and it still rocks.

Sure I hate that USB OTG doesn't work and that devs concentrate on android ports rather than native code but it still works and the gesture system is just soooo intuitive.

Now, come a little closer and i'll tell you my dirty little secret - but I don't want my playbook to hear. I bought an android tablet. It was cheap and it has a pretty good spec on paper ( dual core cpu, quad core GPU, 1gb of ram and an 8" screen ) but i'm sorry android as a user experience is just pants. Yeah theres a lot of apps but android just eats up processing cycles, the UI just seems clunky and google is getting all pervasive ( just like MS was ).

So the point of my post - the playbook and QNX are a great duo and I really wish BB would see this and welcome the ******* son back into the family and give it some love cos as an experience it's unrivalled in the tablet arena.

cheers
    04-08-13 07:49 AM
    Yea I agree totally. My son got me a Playbook (Jan. 12) from best buy with a 2 year warranty, well I dropped it a few weeks ago and the screen is cracked really bad. Anyway best buy doesn't sell them anymore but will still give me store credit, $200 towards anything in the store. The store rep figured I would want an android tablet since according to him, everyone who has a Playbook only got them to side load apps that the Playbook didn't have. After a very stern no to the android and ipad, I decided to let my personal computer IT person I deal with get me a new screen and put it on at the cost of $100. To me alot of people are missing out on the Playbook, its a very fluid device. By the way, I have nothing against non native apps but to this day I only have apps from Blackberry World.
    FF22 and Omahahaha like this.
    04-08-13 08:21 AM
    2 month. I love it so much,just wanna eat it alive
    04-08-13 08:56 AM
    I, too, made a decision to go to the Android world (DROID RAZR MAZZ HD) rather than wait for the Z10 to mature. Spent the past few weeks playing with it constantly and realized that I hadn't shown my PB much love recently. Have to say, picking it up after a little sabatical, it still is a great device.
    katesbb likes this.
    04-08-13 09:19 AM
    I like my 64 GB Playbook, not love but deep like, and actually have a new 32 ready to use if needed. And I don't have sideloaded Android apps although I do have plenty of them from BB World. But I also have a Nexus 7 running stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2. It runs very smoothly and fast and I have had few crashes, non serious, in about 7 months. No HDMI and relatively poor and weak speakers for a media consumption device. OTG works. A lot of apps including this keyboard with arrow keys. But Google does follow you around and seems quite intrusive.
    04-08-13 01:45 PM
    4 months on my playbook 32gb LTE model and its still awesome.
    04-08-13 01:50 PM
    For the people who bought this thing for $120ish and complain about ANYTHING, man I would hate to be stuck sitting beside them on a 5 hr flight .
    04-08-13 05:35 PM
    While I agree with most of the posts. Now that I have a Z10 and PlayBook with no bridge functionality, I find little to no use for my PlayBook. I'm pretty much just hanging on to it for a BB10 update.

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    04-08-13 09:43 PM
    I, too, made a decision to go to the Android world (DROID RAZR MAZZ HD) rather than wait for the Z10 to mature. Spent the past few weeks playing with it constantly and realized that I hadn't shown my PB much love recently. Have to say, picking it up after a little sabatical, it still is a great device.
    Same here, and... same here

I love my little PlayBook (two in our house actually). I'm occasionally tempted to run out and get a Nexus 7 (especially since getting the Maxx HD), but for some reason I keep coming back to the PB.
    04-08-13 10:24 PM
    I agree and I'm still getting "I didn't know BlackBerry made a tablet"......go figure
    axllebeer and AUgirl_inTX like this.
    04-08-13 10:31 PM
    Same, unless bb10 comes out soon for the playbook, I'm going to start using this thing as a Frisbee with the dog....
    Yamcha likes this.
    04-09-13 01:12 AM
    One month, loving the fact that this thing's at least as buttery as Project Butter.
    04-09-13 07:31 AM
    I got the Playbook when it first came out (yes, paid full price). It never met my expectations, as the slow rendering of the browser (checkerboarding) and lack of apps just didn't meet my expectations. I have since moved on from BB and now have the Nexus 10. The difference in the browser between the two devices are night and day, where as the Nexus 10 is so much faster than the Playbook. A few days ago I turned on the Playbook to try it again and I used it for a few hours. There is no comparison between the Playbook and the Nexus 10. The Nexus 10 is just so much faster than the PB.
    I would love to try OS10 on this device, but sadly all indications are that the PB will most likely stay as is. So it's back in my drawer and hopefully I will be wrong about OS10.
    (And anyone who says that they tried a low-end Android tablet to compare with PB, needs to try the Nexus 7 or Nexus 10. I am not here to "flame" the PB, as I was a big BB supporter for many years. I am simply stating my experience with the two tablets.)
    Last edited by tsells; 04-09-13 at 08:29 AM.
    04-09-13 08:13 AM
    I got the Playbook when it first came out (yes, paid full price). It never met my expectations, as the slow rendering of the browser (checkerboarding) and lack of apps just didn't meet my expectations. I have since moved on from BB and now have the Nexus 10. The difference in the browser between the two devices are night and day, where as the Nexus 10 is so much faster than the Playbook. A few days ago I turned on the Playbook to try it again and I used it for a few hours. There is no comparison between the Playbook and the Nexus 10. The Nexus 10 is just so much faster than the PB.
    I would love to try OS10 on this device, but sadly all indications are that the PB will most likely stay as is. So it's back in my drawer and hopefully I will be wrong about OS10.
    (And anyone who says that they tried a low-end Android tablet to compare with PB, needs to try the Nexus 7 or Nexus 10. I am not here to "flame" the PB, as I was a big BB supporter for many years. I am simply stating my experience with the two tablets.)
    I guess when it comes to Tablets, Android and Apple tablets are for "people who do".

Besides the user experience, the Playbook has nothing on other tablets on the market. I'm one of those who also paid full price for the Playbook when it came out, it's still a good little tablet don't get me wrong, but for those who claim its BETTER (many people on this forum think so) than android tablets or the iPad have seriously been living under a rock.

Also I'd like to take this opportunity to make a prediction, when BB10 FINALLY lands on the Playbook, the Playbook will probably just catch up with the current competition, but unless its unique for the tablet (as in not a 7inch Z10), I really don't see the point, I'd like to see some Multi-screen multitasking abilities etc which make use of the larger screen etc
    tsells and Yamcha like this.
    04-09-13 09:45 AM
    Also I'd like to take this opportunity to make a prediction, when BB10 FINALLY lands on the Playbook, the Playbook will probably just catch up with the current competition, but unless its unique for the tablet (as in not a 7inch Z10), I really don't see the point, I'd like to see some Multi-screen multitasking abilities etc which make use of the larger screen etc
    My prediction is that OS10 will never hit the Playbook (although I hope I am wrong).
    04-09-13 10:07 AM
    My prediction is that OS10 will never hit the Playbook (although I hope I am wrong).
    I really, really hope you're wrong

I haven't been living under a rock and I find the Playbook better than Android tablets in some things, worse in others. It helps that I didn't pay full price for the Playbook because at launch, it was a seriously compromised device that was far too expensive.

Things I like about the PB:
    - lovely form factor, portable size
    - QNX's real multitasking ability, proper desktop style don't-kill-apps-without-my-permission multitasking
    - swiping interface
    - HDMI out

Things I hate about the PB:
    - slow apps coded in Flash, AIR or whatever Adobe nonsense, so slow that even Android apps run faster on the PB
    - half-baked, half-abandoned system apps (Contacts, Calendar and Messages, I'm looking at you...)
    - no USB OTG
    - no Bluetooth transfers
    - some apps bog down the device (run Browser, Files&Folders and a document in PDF Reader simultaneously = lagfest everywhere!)

A Nexus 7 runs rings around the Playbook, I'm afraid. There are much better apps and a much larger variety available on Android too. Google's own software and third party updates come fast and furious on Android whereas RIM seems to take its own sweet time with the Playbook. RIM really needs to wake up and start competing again instead of hoping people would buy its stuff because of the name. That attitude almost destroyed Nokia and it could still destroy RIM.
    Last edited by blueberrymerry; 04-09-13 at 11:16 PM.
    04-09-13 10:52 AM
    Same, unless bb10 comes out soon for the playbook, I'm going to start using this thing as a Frisbee with the dog....
    SERIOUSLY??, this "thing" is so much more than a Frisbee without having BB10. Maybe I missed something since May 2011, I've been using it everyday.
    04-09-13 11:44 AM
    I agree and I'm still getting "I didn't know BlackBerry made a tablet"......go figure
    That's funny and yeah me too. I took my PlayBook to the bank the other day. I normally use the zip sleeve to transport the PlayBook in and I stash all my bills and cash in there with it when I run around and pay bills twice a month. I use the calculator app as its the best calculator in the world to calculate what $ I need and where. I frequently have people asking me about it and that they have never heard of it before.

I often have it tethered to my phone for data and I can't help but show it off. Most people are amazed.
    04-09-13 05:55 PM
    But to add, other than the app shortage which I'm mostly Ok with, the only thing I really want is USB on the go.
    (also BBRY please rewrite the dang keyboard, Not IN AIR!)
    04-09-13 05:58 PM
    I use my PlayBook everyday during the day for news reading, email, calendar, YouTube, and browsing. I still love it. No complaints here.
    MarlenaRosie likes this.
    04-10-13 08:07 AM
    The playbook is still awesome for when you on the go and want to browse a website instead of using a smaller screen. Its size is perfect for this and if you have a older BB device like a 9900 or whatever you can bridge still with full functions and text people right from the playbook on the go walking or at lunch breaks.

Yeah the Z10 I have it and its a awesome device as well for everything, but if I have my PB with me I wish I had full bridge capability just for texting.

The playbook is a lot better for games like NOVA 3 and Lets Gold 3 and Nightmares and many other games, best on a bigger screen, I have these games on my Z10 first and played most of them, what sucks if on the PB now I have to play them all over again.

NOTE: NOVA 3 Crashes at the Seeds chapter of the GAME.... this sucks I can not finish the game now unless a fix is made ASAP, if not I will be deleting it ASAP.

Playbook I use Magellan map navigation program it works AWESOME and I also have it on the Z10 as well, just for backup in case one screws up, but it is best on Playbook bigger size is all.

I hope 10.1 come out soon and playbook is update to at least 10.0 soon.
    04-10-13 12:31 PM
    Hey guys (and girls)..

Wanted to at least post somewhere so I wasn't just trolling the site.

I got my Playbook early February '13 and love it to death! I was already considering going completely BB before and now is definitely trading in my Android phone for the BB Z10 when my T-Mobile contract ends in March '14.

I think the part I like best is how easy it is to sideload apps.. I get the best of both worlds. I know people who have other tablets and have already had issues with them. Not me (knock on wood)..

I expect to enjoy my Playbook for a long while!
    04-10-13 12:33 PM
    I'm new here posting, but I have been a LONG time reader and I felt it was time to add my 2 cents about my playbook. I have been a long time BB user, but I have Apple phone 4S and a Samsung SIII for personal use, but my BB 9900 is my device I use for work. I have spent years trying to find a reason to buy a tablet, I couldn't figure out a good need for one. My phones and laptops did everything I wanted, but still I was wondering about a tablet. Well my son's school started using iPad's for couple of his classes and now over half of his school work is done on an iPad now. It's a very nice device but I found that many of the web sites I went to supported Flash and the iPad was no fun to view these websites.

Next came the Nexus 7 and I had it 6 hours and said to myself this is not for me, but forced myself to use it for another 3 days and yea there is a lot of great things about it, but I just wasn't for me. I was still following everything in these forums and 1 month after the Nexus 7 I bought me a 32GB PB at a really great price $117 and I'm still really happy with it. Yea, its not as speedy or has all the apps as the others, but when it's bridged this is the best setup of any tablet I have seen or used. My BB9900 is used for work and is connected to our BES server. The bridging feature is what really makes this tablet, I love the fact that I can be somewhere and when someone calls and asks me to look at a spreadsheet on our sharepoint server, with my 9900 and PB I can get into the server and view that spreadsheet all without a VPN connection, that is better then any iPad or Android tablet out there.

The browser is the best, yea its a little slow when loading, but when the webpage is up its a 7" version of what I see on my laptop and my flash sites work for me, I don't need all those apps when I have a full use browser.

I know some day I will have to move to something else if Blackberry doesn't make a new tablet or they get out of making devices, but for now the PB is the tablet for me.
    uncle_numpty likes this.
    04-10-13 08:06 PM
    I had not really used mine a lot since getting the Z10. But then a few times I have bridged it and used the LTE connection on the phone. He he. Awesome. Free LTE and unlimited data on my PlayBook when traveling. Nothing else can come close to this in the Android or iOS world.
    uncle_numpty likes this.
    04-10-13 08:11 PM
    I had not really used mine a lot since getting the Z10. But then a few times I have bridged it and used the LTE connection on the phone. He he. Awesome. Free LTE and unlimited data on my PlayBook when traveling. Nothing else can come close to this in the Android or iOS world.
    Is the LTE connection bridged over bluetooth any better than 3G? (I've been wondering with the speed limitations of BT)
    04-10-13 09:55 PM
30 12