I have been searching for an answer, and I'm sorry if I missed it somewhere else.
    I have a Bold 9930 on a Sprint everything plan, I am preparing to buy a PlayBook. Will I be able to use the PB's webbrowser without paying extra to Sprint for tethering?
    Thanks in advance for your help!

Sent from my 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-08-12 09:29 PM
    tethering I don't know. bridge is free. bridge your phone and surf on your pb using 3g service all day long for free
    08-08-12 09:36 PM
    Hello, I have a playbook and a 9330 on sprint. I bridge all the time....no issues or extra charges. Hope this helps you decision.
    08-08-12 10:26 PM
    I have a PB and a Sprint BB Style. Bridge your BB with your PB and surf away. Sprint offers true unlimited data.
    08-09-12 12:58 AM
    I've read what you have said, and continued searching. i came across an article here on CB about bridge and it spells it out. I've read so many conflicting things, and Sprint reps all say I must add tethering. Thank you for helping clarify it all!
    While I'm asking questions on this: I know understand bridge will allow me to browse the web, but will it allow app world to work? The articles say no, but as user whats the story?

Sent from my 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-09-12 02:19 AM
    Sprint reps will tell you tethering is needed because they probably haven't been informed about bridge. As far as app world, that does not work with bridge. When it comes to the articles here on cb, chances are, you won't have to go anywhere else to find info unless they state it. The crew here who write the blogs pretty much cover everything they can on what you should know about BB. Bridge was first covered at release and every upgrade since. If you read it here in the blogs, I'd go with it.
    08-09-12 03:40 AM
    Appworld requires WIFI (or I guess tethering but that's a different setup).
    08-09-12 08:54 AM
    Should be able to tether appworld.
    08-09-12 09:30 AM
    I can't tether AppWorld using my 9780.
    08-09-12 10:12 AM
    I use Bridge all the time between my PlayBook and 9630 Tour, on Sprint. I doubt that they even know.
    08-09-12 10:52 AM
    some apps work with bridge internet and others do not. app world is one that does not. currently I use tapatalk with bridge and words with friends that I've sideloaded. if that is a new term to you, please research on your own as there are hundreds of turtorials on this here. we do not need another one.

the official crackberry app for playbook works amd the official n4bb app. blackberry news app also works just fime with bridge.

hope this helps
    08-09-12 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD