I walked into my local Best Buy in Tustin Ranch and low and behold was a cute little Rim Girl demoing the Playbook!! So cool got to play with it for a few minutes. She said it was a demo pre release sample .

The screen was beautiful all the pics online do not do it justice.
    The battery was dying only 10% power remaining when I got there. She said she had been demoing all day constantly and it was about 6 pm if she started out at 9 am thats about 9 hours maybe 8 counting breaks of constant use. Not to bad to start off and Im use to charging every night

Was very quick with the WiFi downloads and the keyboard works terrific in either orientation. She showed me a nerophrene sleeve that it comes with very nice logo-ed piece.

I'm even more pumped up for the 19th now cant wait for the latest software and my Playbook.
    04-09-11 10:53 PM
    Bummer, I was out in Irvine earlier. I would've gone to check it out.
    04-09-11 11:11 PM
    Pics??? (of the cute lil RIM girl)
    04-09-11 11:18 PM
    Oh I forgot to mention a few things really liked the picture app, the weather app is cool I will really use this!! It's a lot like the Android one.
    Videos were absolutely beautiful gorgeous colors.
    Oh I preferred typing in portrait mode could use my thumbs just like BB.

Didnt see the new music app yet.
    The cute rep said she would be there on Sunday as well.
    04-09-11 11:27 PM
    Oh damn that's where I got my laptop. I'll go and get a second hands on soon thanks for the info!
    04-09-11 11:27 PM
    Oh damn that's where I got my laptop. I'll go and get a second hands on soon thanks for the info!
    What's with noone coming to charlotte?! Its the largest banking city behind nyc. cmon rim be nice and give me a demo to see :P.
    Last edited by dsquared2; 04-10-11 at 08:21 AM.
    04-09-11 11:29 PM
    The cute rep said she would be there on Sunday as well.
    Is this the one at The District? Or the one off the 5?
    04-09-11 11:40 PM
    It's the one just off the 5 at Jamboree next to the new REI.

Oh I was going to take a pic but was so geeked just forgot.
    psiclne likes this.
    04-09-11 11:52 PM
    If someone is going up there see if they're going to be having anyone coming down to the Oceanside Best Buy, or any Best Buy's in SD county.
    04-09-11 11:57 PM
    Awesome! I am going to have to go to our Best Buy up here in the desert of So Cal and see if they have a demo.
    04-10-11 12:18 AM
    What's with noone coming to charlotte?! banking capital of the freaking usa. cmon rim be nice and give me a demo to see :P
    Oh yeah, when I think "banking" I think "Charlotte". ROFL
    04-10-11 08:17 AM
    Oops I meant behind nyc. Haha if you've been to Charlotte, you'd change your mind

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-11 08:20 AM
    Damnit. Can someone ask the RIM rep how to find out where they are going to be in an area? I'm in the Northern VA area, and could go into to DC, but can't go scouring Best Buys to find them. I'm pretty sure with all the BB in DC for government there has to be a rep here.
    04-10-11 08:25 AM
    BoA, largest retail bank in US, is located in Charlotte.
    04-10-11 11:31 AM
    Just got back -
    First impression - its a sturdy device. Feels nice in the hand.

I played with it for about 40 minutes. Went thru a couple of websites and once loaded everything went smoothly. We had issues cuz she was using mifi that was set up on one of the employees phone, so if he walked away we were SOL.

I was able to view HULU and it worked fine, watched Modern Family on it. Again the only issue was when the Best Buy employee walked away from us.

QNX OS is nice - smooth. The gestures worked fine. We went to the Gmail site and everything worked great, it actually had a UI that resembled Outlook. Individual emails on the left pane, then the actual email on the right pane. I dont think it looks like that on the actual site when you log into GMail.

Videos & pictures looked really crisp & sharp. I played with the cameras a little, the zoom is on the left hand side, and theres 3 icons on the right for Video, Camera or Front facing cam. So you can switch between the 3 pretty easily.

Overall its a nice device, She's gonna be there for a few more weeks on the weekends. Makes me want mine NOW!
    04-10-11 03:03 PM
    C'mon we need some live coverage of the RIM representative, with the device.

A pic or two wouldn't hurt
    04-10-11 03:13 PM
    What's with noone coming to charlotte?! Its the largest banking city behind nyc. cmon rim be nice and give me a demo to see :P.
    I asked about that - and she said they're only hitting a couple of the major cities right now, NY, LA and a couple more that she said but I cant remember.
    04-10-11 03:18 PM
    Seattle wouldn't happen to be one of those cities? Maybe because we still dress in gortex and plaid woolens!
    04-10-11 04:34 PM
    I asked about that - and she said they're only hitting a couple of the major cities right now, NY, LA and a couple more that she said but I cant remember.
    How long did she say they're displaying it at the Tustin store? I was thinking about stopping by there Tuesday morning.
    04-10-11 04:41 PM
    How long did she say they're displaying it at the Tustin store? I was thinking about stopping by there Tuesday morning.
    She said shes there only on the weekends, for the next couple of weeks (for now its up to 2 weeks after launch)
    04-10-11 05:34 PM
    Now I understand why RIM lowered their current quarter's financial projections. They hired all these nice models and scattered them all over North America to showcase the Playbook!
    04-10-11 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD