RIM probably gave BB so many demo units and BB has to decide where to put them. My guess is major metro areas will get them first, and since BB has over 1088 locations they probably didn't get one per location at initial release. The DC metro area with all the Blackberry devices used for feds and government contractors is a target rich environment for this device.
    That's my thinking. That explains why they would have one here in Leesburg.
    04-17-11 06:17 PM
    After seeing how small this thing is in person, no wonder it was stolen.
    04-17-11 06:29 PM
    this thing is still frakking vaporware!

so after looking again today, still nothing. 2 BB's i went to did not even have a display or anything. the 1 staples i went to had the same empty endcap. Xoom sitting there rocking away playing angry birds and everything else. Keep in mind this is Carmel and Fishers IN. its not like im in the middle of BFE kansas. Tons of people in these areas just outside of Indy.

I wont go out tomorrow but will swing by after work on tuesday and see
    I live in Kansas and got to play with one yesterday. Hahahaha! Suck that!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    TheScionicMan and FoxxBerry like this.
    04-18-11 04:43 AM
    A BB employee stole it

matt the store you went to probably didn't put it out because all it would go to is the user agreement screen. IMO it would have been better for RIM to have some sort of demo mode running than sitting there with a user agreement screen and having sales reps tell people it doesn't work yet
    04-18-11 09:49 AM
    So I went back to the Best Buy in Leesburg, the same one that just got the Playbook demo unit out on Friday and I got to play with Friday night, and the Playbook was gone. I asked the associate where it was cause I wanted to test out my work e-mail via web, and he said it was stolen! Someone disabled the alarm and stole it. Unfreaking believable. Hopefully the demo units have something in them that RIM can make it a brick or something if they get stolen. So to whoever stole the Playbook at the BestBuy in Leesburg, you are a ******!
    Found it:

**** Blackberry Playbook ( Leaked ) 32gb WiFi **** 1Day | eBay
    04-18-11 10:04 AM
    holy ****, did you report that?
    04-18-11 11:55 AM
    When I demod the one here it was not even on an alarm or connected to anything. The guys was mostly just showing people it but he walked away for an hour while my mom was upgrading her phone and I played with it.
    04-18-11 12:03 PM
    Dude, that's actually probably it! The location on the page is pretty close to Leesburg, Virgina. Someone needs to report this.

It's so hilarious that someone would be so stupid to put this up on Ebay already lol.
    04-18-11 12:04 PM
    Quicksilver and I have reported it. I also called the Best Buy in Leesburg and told them about the auction so they could look into it. That's my Best Buy and I didn't even get to play with that demo
    04-18-11 12:07 PM
    I'm sure the stores Asset Protection staff will have the guys picture at least. It's just a matter of time.
    04-18-11 01:24 PM
    Based on the photos on the eBay site (Sat Apr 16th, 7:20am on the home screen), looks like it was probably stolen Friday night (if this is indeed the one that was stolen)!
    04-18-11 10:05 PM
    Hopefully if that is it they will catch him.
    04-19-11 06:11 AM
    I am the one accused of stealing the piece of crap playbook or whatever. I am writing to defend my rights.... Being accused of something is no joking matter. My computer got hacked, and I had all my passwords on Roboform, a password and infomation site. I am truly sorry for the person who won that auction, I will PreOrder one for you tomorrow and have it sent to you. I am a buyer on ebay, I don't sell on there if you look at my feedback. I have contacted everyone involved, including the purchaser. To the B*t** *ss computer hacker my system has been wiped and passwords has been changed. To the dumb a**es that reported me to eBay, and Best Buy, you should have just kept your opinions to yourselves. You never know, what is going on. I found this information out today, and have to keep my name and feedback score positive. So now I have to go out and buy a piece of crap blackberry and send it to a customer out of my own pocket, who was victom too. I'm not a thief and I have better things to do with my time.
    04-19-11 09:34 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD