Hi.

Since the update the playbook has been slow, laggy and unresponsive. I have done several hard resets but these have not helped.

I found myself watching a child jealously the other day as he had an ipad mini.

Please help. I used to love using my playbook now even getting it to open books on gobook sideloaded doesnt work.
    12-22-13 05:41 AM
    When my PB starts to sputter and stall, I wipe it and reload the OS. I don't really know what causes the performance issues, but it perks right up after a clean reload. Give it a shot. These forums are here to help!
    12-22-13 06:25 AM
    so you just set it back to factory settings? is that right?
    12-22-13 07:18 AM
    so you just set it back to factory settings? is that right?
    Tap the gear in the upper right corner, select security, then security wipe. This will completely wipe your Playbook and begin the reload of the OS. Beware - all data will be wiped, including music, docs, video, pics, settings such as email, calendar, contacts, whatever. You MUST backup all your data, either by copying to PC via wifi, usb, or by desktop manager. Good luck, and enjoy a clean OS Playbook experience!
    12-22-13 01:05 PM
    You can try the three button restart first. Maybe you have done this if this is what you mean by hard reset. This is supposed to dump all temporary files and may help. The other thing is to be sure that your browser cache is cleaned at regular intervals. You can also use Advanced App Manager from BB World to identify any Android apps that may. be sneaking in.
    12-22-13 01:23 PM
    Tap the gear in the upper right corner, select security, then security wipe. This will completely wipe your Playbook and begin the reload of the OS. Beware - all data will be wiped, including music, docs, video, pics, settings such as email, calendar, contacts, whatever. You MUST backup all your data, either by copying to PC via wifi, usb, or by desktop manager. Good luck, and enjoy a clean OS Playbook experience!

Thank you so much for this.. with 104 videos (i use my playbook to watch a lot of things!), it took a while to get everything off and on again, but it is working just as it was before the update, all nice and fast. It also gave me a chance to update apps that i dont use and thus have it not so cluttered.

Thanks again!
    jcbrunson likes this.
    12-22-13 03:47 PM
    Glad to help. Be sure to stick around the forum for more Playbook goodness!
    12-22-13 07:21 PM
    Playbook slow and unresponsive.
    I see nothing out of the ordinary here......

....sorry just couldn't help it !
    EddieAIG likes this.
    12-23-13 01:46 AM
    I see nothing out of the ordinary here......

....sorry just couldn't help it !
    this is usually caused by sideloads running in background, overloaded cache, or a settings issue,,, my pb still surprises me @ how snappy it is,,, especially after a recent wipe/restore,,, as you can see, mine's faster than some peoples' pc connections...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...s-here-784133/

Attachment 232685
    12-23-13 08:20 AM
    this is usually caused by sideloads running in background, overloaded cache, or a settings issue,,, my pb still surprises me @ how snappy it is,,, especially after a recent wipe/restore,,, as you can see, mine's faster than some peoples' pc connections...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...s-here-784133/

Attachment 232685
    Agreed. But I don't want to have to wipe my playbook every time I want a decent browsing experience. I know it is very snappy after a wipe, but why not very snappy after a year, or two? Personally I don't mess around very much with side-loads and stuff like that, because I used it mainly for internet browsing and movie watching. But still it gets pretty annoying at times.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    12-24-13 03:35 AM
    Also, not advertised, but keep 3-4 GB free at least. It becomes very important for speed and caching. And for some reason a large file index slows down the OS.

Over time your PB collects massive caches everywhere. And updates are no exception as they take up a lot of space during install and don't seem to always clean up right away.

Posted via CB from my LE
    SEAWARRIOR and anon(5597702) like this.
    12-24-13 04:08 AM
    Agreed. But I don't want to have to wipe my playbook every time I want a decent browsing experience. I know it is very snappy after a wipe, but why not very snappy after a year, or two? Personally I don't mess around very much with side-loads and stuff like that, because I used it mainly for internet browsing and movie watching. But still it gets pretty annoying at times.
    i worded that improperly,,, actually, i took this screenie some time ago,,, i wiped after a year, not because it needed it, it didn't, but just because i felt it was time,,, i haven't checked the speed lately,,, i usually do a hard restart & clear caches once a week as a regular routine, that's it,,, i've had it for a little over a year & hard starts have fixed any lagginess i've ever had, & the recent .1753 update helped a lot w/ that too...
    KermEd likes this.
    12-24-13 09:02 AM