any user facing slow transfer rate when using DM's media sync to sync from itunes to PB, via USB?

it is so slow to the point where it takes an hour to sync 10 mp3s! average size of my mp3s is only 6mb.

10-30-11 10:58 PM
    any user facing slow transfer rate when using DM's media sync to sync from itunes to PB, via USB?

it is so slow to the point where it takes an hour to sync 10 mp3s! average size of my mp3s is only 6mb.

Should be at least 1-2MB/sec. 10x 6MB mp3s in an hour? That's 16KB/sec, which sounds pretty wrong. Try a secure wipe. The filesystem could have gotten dirty?
    10-31-11 01:09 AM
    I have never used the DM, i always just highlight the songs or movies that i want and just drag them to the playbooks files. Seems pretty fast that way.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-31-11 05:49 AM
    I have never used the DM, i always just highlight the songs or movies that i want and just drag them to the playbooks files. Seems pretty fast that way.
    Me too. I have yet to even have DM recognize my Playbook. Clicking and dragging from file to file works great. 2g movies transfer in a few minutes!
    10-31-11 06:19 AM
    Yes that seems slow. I only have a 16 GB so I have set up a ftp server and a subsonic media streaming server on my PC. I have close to 3000 songs and dozens of movies I can download or stream anywhere as i need them.

My personal Subsonic server

My ftp server via File Browser
    10-31-11 07:11 AM
    I have tested with drag and drop. It is indeed way faster than media sync.

The reason I am using media sync for music is because the previous time when I dragged/dropped mp3s, I get ghost tracks in my music app. Files that were deleted were not taken out from the music app and thus, having the "can't load track error". Furthermore, new tracks added did not appear in the list. In short, my music app was not refreshing. Had to do an OS reload in the end.

Therefore, I was hoping that I can avoid such problem by using media sync.
    10-31-11 08:58 PM
    Wait a minute though... I am getting 15 minutes for a 2 gig file to the playbook. I write the same file to a flash drive and it only takes 3 minutes.

Is there an issue with my PB? Is it because I am on a Mac?
    07-20-12 10:09 PM
    I noticed that the transfer gets slower as the PB is filling up.
    07-21-12 12:19 AM
    Wait a minute though... I am getting 15 minutes for a 2 gig file to the playbook. I write the same file to a flash drive and it only takes 3 minutes.

That doesn't seem out of line with my transfer speeds on my PC. 15 minutes for 2 Gigs is about 2.2 MB per second.
    07-21-12 07:48 AM

Flash drives today, even the cheap ones, can beat the Playbook in terms of read/write speeds. The Playbook only gets about 4-5MB/s max, whereas a new (cheap) flash drive can get speeds up to 50MB/s
    07-21-12 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD