hi i want to buy the playbook but not sure whether shd i buy now or wait for the sim card slot/3G version.

as there is no announcement yet tht whether its even coming or not ....

plese if anyone has even heard of the rumor than i will prefer to wait and buy.
    08-29-11 07:35 AM
    Its already been released if you have a BlackBerry phone, the new os allows you to use your BB's net connection...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-11 07:39 AM
    Apparently there is a "modular cavity" inside the PB...IMHO most likely we'll be able to upgrade to a 3g/4g radio
    I have to respectfully disagree. I would not count on any ability to ADD 3g/etc radios to the current line of pb's.
    08-29-11 09:13 AM
    Apparently there is a "modular cavity" inside the PB
    Regret, no way, no access.

There may never be a wireless phone connected PB due to lack of carrier interest.
    Most smart phones support tether which reduced need for a wireless phone device.

OP, if you want the PB then purchase it anytime, perhaps now.
    Last edited by mandony; 08-29-11 at 10:59 AM.
    08-29-11 10:56 AM
    i wouldnt count on hardware upgrades to the current PB. And there is no real word on a 3G/4G playbook coming.
    08-29-11 10:59 AM
    Here's a good thread Sprint Halts 4G Version with lots of good speculating on the as of yet non-existent cellular radio PB.
    08-29-11 11:12 AM
    I would buy the Playbook now. You can already use the 3G/4G network by tethering to your cell phone or even better, by using Bridge with your Blackberry phone at no extra cost.
    Last edited by WIdo; 08-29-11 at 11:14 AM. Reason: correction
    08-29-11 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD