Hi,
    Does anyone got electrocuted (okay, not really got electrocuted. It's some kind like static shock) when charging playbook thru the charger provided in the box, not charging from computer usb port.

When I plug in the charger into the playbook, and I touch my pb at the side I can feel the shock. Does anyone got this before?
    03-09-12 04:30 AM
    Nope.

10Char.
    03-09-12 04:39 AM
    I've had this once or twice off the dock charger. Don't think its anything to do with the playbook specifically just a build up of static charge on yourself.
    03-09-12 04:55 AM
    5 volts can't shock you!

What you are experiencing is static electricity. Your PB is acting as a ground that is receiving static electricity from you. Touching other metal objects will give the same results.

I am an Extra Class Radio Amateur.

PB doesn't have high enough voltage & amps to shock you. You may have enough static electricity to hurt electronic devices like your Playbook.

You can touch a large metal object to ground out your electricity.

Assemblers of electronics wear grounding straps so they don't hurt the electronics they touch.

Be kind to your Playbook. Don't shock it
    peter9477 and rjedge54 like this.
    03-09-12 04:57 AM
    The rapid charging area is connected by magnetic connectors you could get a static discharge in theory from that area. Make sure dust and particles have not accumulated in this area. Before anybody freaks out and starts telling me I am anti God/PlayBook I am pointing out this could occur but it would be the users fault not PlayBook.
    03-09-12 04:58 AM
    The rapid charging area is connected by magnetic connectors you could get a static discharge in theory from that area. Make sure dust and particles have not accumulated in this area. Before anybody freaks out and starts telling me I am anti God/PlayBook I am pointing out this could occur but it would be the users fault not PlayBook.
    Hater.

BURN THE WITCH!

(Sorry, had to get it out my system)
    peter9477 and madman0141 like this.
    03-09-12 05:05 AM
    Hater.

BURN THE WITCH!

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g[/YT]
    I had to!
    bbfan1040 and Mr.Monty like this.
    03-09-12 05:40 AM
    Static electricity can be received not sent from 5 volt chargers like PB chargers.

PB and similar devices do NOT "give off" static electricity! Neither do their chargers. They may receive it.

Tablets are very low energy devices - truly amazing how efficient they are!
    03-09-12 05:50 AM
    stop licking the charger contacts
    03-09-12 06:33 AM
    it shocks me when i connect it on the comp.. but all my other devices do.. its coz my wiring is messed up in the comp casing.. havent got the time to redo it.. matter of 'earthing'

wear some footwear before touching the pb.. and get your wall electricals checked.. i think this can mess with your pb..
    03-09-12 06:51 AM
    Damn Playbook!
    03-09-12 06:57 AM
    it shocks me when i connect it on the comp.. but all my other devices do.. its coz my wiring is messed up in the comp casing.. havent got the time to redo it.. matter of 'earthing'

wear some footwear before touching the pb.. and get your wall electricals checked.. i think this can mess with your pb..
    It only shock me when I charge using wall charger everytime
    03-09-12 09:36 AM
    I get "shocked" every day by laptops that I touch, stupid static
    03-09-12 09:43 AM
    Get rid of the nylon socks hehehe.
    03-09-12 09:54 AM
    My daughter shocks me(or I shock her) everyone time I change a diaper and she was unplugged about a year and half ago.
    xDragonZ likes this.
    03-09-12 09:59 AM
    I get a shock every day at how much fun I have with my PB
    03-09-12 10:08 AM
    I felt a bit of a stray current yesterday when I had the PB in the dock and was holding it and using it. Just a little tingle on the hand, noticeable only if you know what it is.
    03-09-12 10:20 AM
    Carpet flooring??
    03-09-12 11:13 AM
    Hater.

BURN THE WITCH!

What, you have not exercised your BANNING wand recently!!!!
    03-09-12 03:59 PM
    Hasn't happened to me, but then I usually say "Don't taze me, bro!" as I plug it in.
    03-09-12 05:05 PM
    I felt a bit of a stray current yesterday when I had the PB in the dock and was holding it and using it. Just a little tingle on the hand, noticeable only if you know what it is.
    That is just your excitement being released because you have the privilege of using such an electrifying device.
    03-09-12 05:13 PM
    I get a shock whenever I walk from my PlayBook while it's charging to my cat and pet him. Is it my PB or my cat?
    03-09-12 05:29 PM
    Just a little tingle on the hand, noticeable only if you know what it is.
    i took a belt of 347v at work recently. i've had 120v and 240v lots. first time ever at that voltage. just across a finger.

i noticed it. for days. my finger was numb.

anything the playbook can send at me i'd never even notice.
    03-09-12 06:20 PM
    I too got shock during charging of playbook with adapter provided. The shock happens when touching the metal frame around playbook. I checked with a Inductive Electrical Tester on this metal frame and I can see the light in the tester is glowing. I never see such thing with other devices like mobile phone, laptop.

I bought this playbook just two days before from flipkart and I am using it in Chennai, India.

I asked my kid not to touch playbook while charging.

Any suggestion by other members to avoid this ?
    04-23-12 04:35 AM
    I too got shock during charging of playbook with adapter provided. The shock happens when touching the metal frame around playbook. I checked with a Inductive Electrical Tester on this metal frame and I can see the light in the tester is glowing. I never see such thing with other devices like mobile phone, laptop.

I bought this playbook just two days before from flipkart and I am using it in Chennai, India.

I asked my kid not to touch playbook while charging.

Any suggestion by other members to avoid this ?
    does the PB have a metal frame?
    04-23-12 04:51 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD