I care cause I own the stock. So as far as I'm concerned, the Playbook could be total crap but as long as RIM meets it's sales expectations it should be a positive for the stock price.
    I'm too chicken to own RIMM.
    04-20-11 04:10 PM
    Yeah that's like winning the handicapped olympics.... good job.
    You know, that's just plain insensitive. I have a hemi-plegic handicapped daughter who swims competitively at a national/international (CAN/AM) para level, and regularly beats fully able-bodied swimmers her same age.

She trains twice as hard, for twice as long, only to get mimimized by people like you who think their accomplishments aren't worthy because its not the fastest/ highest/farthest ever achieved.

If you knew anything about what it takes to be an elite handicapped athlete, you would realize that their accomplishments are far more impressive than what able-bodied athletes - gifted with good genes - accomplish.

It's not about how you finish that should be admired, it should be how far you've come with what you've been given.

Shame on you.
    04-20-11 04:27 PM
    I don't really want you banned. I'd like to spend more time on topic, without you resorting to flagrant baiting of the general membership here. then we could get off the subject of YOU.
    you don't have a pb. you don't own the stock. I may have to review your status as an officer in the Crackberry army.
    04-20-11 04:31 PM
    You know, that's just plain insensitive. I have a hemi-plegic handicapped daughter who swims competitively at a national/international (CAN/AM) para level, and regularly beats fully able-bodied swimmers her same age.

She trains twice as hard, for twice as long, only to get mimimized by people like you who think their accomplishments aren't worthy because its not the fastest/ highest/farthest ever achieved.

If you knew anything about what it takes to be an elite handicapped athlete, you would realize that their accomplishments are far more impressive than what able-bodied athletes - gifted with good genes - accomplish.

It's not about how you finish that should be admired, it should be how far you've come with what you've been given.

Shame on you.
    Sorry if I offended you but still doesn't change my mind. And winning the handicapped olympics is good but it's not like winning the actual olympics. if you take everything literally and not understand the analogy then same on you for being so sensitive. Next time I'll say it's like winning a beauty contest when Brigette Nielson is your competition. Is that better or do you have a hideous daughter or niece I should be aware of?
    akcrimson likes this.
    04-20-11 04:38 PM
    another article where the author doesnt know the difference between tethering and blackberry bridge.
    04-20-11 04:40 PM
    you don't have a pb. you don't own the stock. I may have to review your status as an officer in the Crackberry army.
    It is likely that I WILL buy a PB. Just not during it's infancy. Maybe a few months? I've seen it and I like it. RIM just needs to tie up some loose ends and I'm ON IT.
    04-20-11 04:41 PM
    Wait until they release the number after all the returns.
    That line get funnier in each thread............
    04-20-11 04:43 PM
    Sorry if I offended you but still doesn't change my mind. And winning the handicapped olympics is good but it's not like winning the actual olympics. if you take everything literally and not understand the analogy then same on you for being so sensitive. Next time I'll say it's like winning a beauty contest when Brigette Nielson is your competition. Is that better or do you have a hideous daughter or niece I should be aware of?
    You remind me of last year's season of Dancing With the Stars when Maks was in the middle of a mea culpa when he suddenly blurted out yet another faux pas. You blew your apology.
    04-20-11 04:44 PM
    You remind me of last year's season of Dancing With the Stars when Maks was in the middle of a mea culpa when he suddenly blurted out yet another faux pas. You blew your apology.
    Wasn't really trying to apologize.

Anyone getting offended on this site or any other message board site is taking everything too serious. Whether what I said was offensive or not, still doesn't make it not true .
    04-20-11 04:46 PM
    It is likely that I WILL buy a PB. Just not during it's infancy. Maybe a few months? I've seen it and I like it. RIM just needs to tie up some loose ends and I'm ON IT.
    I'm with you here. I'll try one out when it has native PIM functions and some of the early "issues" are out of the way.
    04-20-11 04:47 PM
    Wasn't really trying to apologize

Anyone getting offended on this site or any other message board site is taking everything too serious. Whether what I said was offensive or not, still doesn't make it not true .
    like beauty, truth can be highly subjective. Who gets to be the final arbiter of what's true? (wouldn't we ALL like that job? )
    04-20-11 04:50 PM
    Wasn't really trying to apologize.

"Sorry if I offended you but still doesn't change my mind"

sounds like an apology to me..
    04-20-11 04:52 PM
    "Sorry if I offended you but still doesn't change my mind"

sounds like an apology to me..
    Ever heard of facetiousness? I'm pretty aware that when you are apologizing to someone you don't reinforce your original point and then ask them a sarcastic questions like "is that better?" I'm smarter than that
    04-20-11 04:58 PM
    I went into a Best Buy in Columbia Md, to play around with the Playbook. I assumed that there would be a display that allowed you to test drive the Playbook. I found none after wandering around the store for 15 mins on my own and finally asked an employee who replied " there up front in mobile devices". So off I went to the front of the store and looked around. I found the Galaxy Tab and another cheap tablet (don't recall the manufacturer). At this point I was starting to get agitated. I found another employee who had no clue what a Playbook was...... Finally a guy asked if he could help me, and I said.....please where is the Blackberry Playbook? Iwas told they had them, and they were behind the desk and one of the mobile phone guys could help me!!!!!???? Where's the display......where's the hubbub? I thought Best Buy would be anxious to market this. Apparently I was wrong. I wasmtold I had to wait for him to finish with a customer and then he would get one for me to purchase. I said I just wanted to play with one, I wasn't sure if I wanted to
    buy it. He seemed annoyed a this and by now I was quite annoyed myself, so I left and found a Staples that had a large display with one up and running that
    I was able to test drive. So much better exposure in Staples. I was definitely
    Not feeling the love for Blackberry at Best Buy. I have not decided yet if I am purchasing one......I won an ipad at work and I...I....I....gosh, I hate to say it but I love it! I so much want to get a Playbook, but the experience as the Playook stands now, is not enough for me to justify the expense. Maybe when they other applications are up and running, I will convince myself I need it. Having been a longtime BB user I was a little disappointed. Hopefully RIM will remedy that.
    04-20-11 05:00 PM
    like beauty, truth can be highly subjective. Who gets to be the final arbiter of what's true? (wouldn't we ALL like that job? )
    Beauty is subjective but truth isn't. Is your age subjective? Is your address subjective? Is the device you are using subjective? I'm pretty sure those are truths that are not subjective. So to label all truths as subjective is pretty wrong. And I never said what I said was the truth just saying that because it's offensive doesn't mean it isn't true.

Just like me or you being a 2 year old in basketball is nothing special neither is beating the playbook beating the Xoom. And both of those my friend are the truth. It's only something special if the xoom sold a lot. Otherwise, it's no great feat at all.
    04-20-11 05:02 PM
    Ever heard of facetiousness? I'm pretty aware that when you are apologizing to someone you don't reinforce your original point and then ask them a sarcastic questions like "is that better?" I'm smarter than that
    that's NOT facetiousness. that's insincerity.
    mynameisme likes this.
    04-20-11 05:13 PM
    Beauty is subjective but truth isn't. Is your age subjective? Is your address subjective? Is the device you are using subjective? I'm pretty sure those are truths that are not subjective. So to label all truths as subjective is pretty wrong. And I never said what I said was the truth just saying that because it's offensive doesn't mean it isn't true.

Just like me or you being a 2 year old in basketball is nothing special neither is beating the playbook beating the Xoom. And both of those my friend are the truth. It's only something special if the xoom sold a lot. Otherwise, it's no great feat at all.
    Which religion is the "correct" one? The "truth" of which one is "correct" is relative to the person who practices one religion or another.

Which phone is "the best"? again, it's a subjective "truth". I can have a good/bad experience with a phone, so for ME, that device is either "good" or "bad". That's MY truth, with regards to said phone. Someone else experiences a different result and for them, THAT is their "truth".
    04-20-11 05:16 PM
    Ever heard of facetiousness?
    No need to be condescending. I've got a wide-ranging vocabulary.
    04-20-11 05:17 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD