Help!

I made a big sacrifice today, in the interests of convincing my other half to make her life better, I let her borrow my PB for the day!

She saw our 3 year old using it and enjoying the games and it got her interested.

Now I'm left with a huge hole in my life and hope it comes back to me safe and well.

Maybe we need a support group on here for times such as this?

On the bright side it could lead to a new PB for me

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    06-13-12 02:49 AM
    I'm sure you'll get it back safe and well at the end of the day. It's a well made, solid piece of kit after all.!
    I'd be more worried about her wanting to keep it now she's gotten her hands on it!!!

Si.
    06-13-12 03:12 AM
    I personally hope you don't get it back....that you would have to "pry it out of their hands" so-to-speak, and force you to get into another PB. LOL!!!

I hope they enjoy it!
    06-13-12 03:15 AM
    Secretly I do too! I do have one question tho... would they be better off sharing my BBID to use my apps and games or use their own and start over?

Im sure I read that you lose video calling if you share an ID.
    06-13-12 04:30 AM
    I don't think u can use same BBID on different PlayBook.
    CMIIW
    06-13-12 04:36 AM
    I don't think u can use same BBID on different PlayBook.
    CMIIW

why not?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860
    06-13-12 05:09 AM
    You can use the same bbid, but you can't use the video chat option because it's the same id..
    06-13-12 06:30 AM
    You can use the same BBID on each PB but, I would not recommend doing so.

You can VidChat between two PBs with the same BBID by using the PIN instead of the BBID email address. Although some members here have apparently had problems using the PIN.

Anyway, there is no great advantage to registering the devices under the same BBID. Just create a new BBID for her. You can use the same billing account in App World and share email, calendar and contacts between them even though they have different BBIDs.
    Last edited by jrohland; 06-13-12 at 07:33 AM.
    codiak likes this.
    06-13-12 07:14 AM
    Thanks for the advice

The little one loves "the ball game" AKA Chromasphere - she obviously likes a challenge!
    06-13-12 07:28 AM
    and the verdict.... she wants an Android phone

I suspect is has something to do with a drawing game all her friends have.
    06-13-12 10:15 AM
    and the verdict.... she wants an Android phone

I suspect is has something to do with a drawing game all her friends have.
    Have a party. Invite her friends. Let them try PlayBook. Send them home with instructions for their parents on where to buy the PlayBook. ;-)
    Cracklen likes this.
    06-13-12 11:06 AM
    I have separation anxiety too - I have to RMA mine this week. I have plans to borrow the wife's 16GB, since she hardly uses it. She's into Kindle.
    06-13-12 12:02 PM
    Appworld allows you to share BBID and Apps with up to 5 devices.
    06-13-12 01:44 PM
    Appworld allows you to share BBID and Apps with up to 5 devices.

i use the same ID for my bb and PB... but they have different payment options.

i wonder if i could buy a PB app on my bb... hmmmm...

06-13-12 06:14 PM
    i use the same ID for my bb and PB... but they have different payment options.
    How is it possible? Isn't payment option connected to your ID ?

i wonder if i could buy a PB app on my bb... hmmmm...
    No, they will not appear on the AppWorld...

EDIT: I am talking BS
    They will not be appearing when looking for the applications. Once installed on the PB, on your BB you can fin it in My World--> Other devices
    Last edited by PiotrJot; 06-14-12 at 04:02 AM.
    06-14-12 03:55 AM
    How is it possible? Isn't payment option connected to your ID ?

No, they will not appear on the AppWorld...

EDIT: I am talking BS

They will not be appearing when looking for the applications. Once installed on the PB, on your BB you can fin it in My World--> Other devices

when i purchase an app on my bb it puts it on my carrier's bill.

for the PB it will bill paypal.

i personally would prefer if it would bill my carrier when i purchase an app on the PB but that option doesn't exist.

06-14-12 05:19 AM
    Pleased to report that I am getting another PlayBook today for my better half!

We had to work around a couple of issues as to what she wanted to do with it. But after testing this has all been worked out.The PlayBook should tick all the boxes for her use, aside from eBay but now that the BlackBerry app has been updated to support photo uploading she can do that from her phone.
    Cracklen likes this.
    06-18-12 03:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD