I just upgraded all my GoDaddy email accts from POP to IMAP, and something strange is happening on the Playbook email. As soon as I send an email using the IMAP acct, the sent email completely disappears from all the folder views! I can confirm that the email has indeed been sent from the Playbook since it was received at the other end, but the sent email is nowhere to be found. It's not in the sent folder on either the Playbook or on the IMAP server.

And the strangest thing is also that the folders on the Playbook will indeed synchronize with the IMAP server. I sent a test email from Outlook 2013, and the test email synchronized perfectly in the sent folder on the Playbook.

Does anyone know why the sent emails are disappearing?
    08-25-14 07:05 PM
    When I switched from pop to imap on gmail and yahoo the PB mail app started automatically deleting files on it but left them on the web. You may want to check the imap settings as there's is usually a check the box for deleting on the server after downloading to the client and another that deletes it from the server when deleting from the client. I set mine up to leave on the server but, it then requires an additional maintenance action eventually.
    08-27-14 07:16 PM
    After changing the account did you delete it and re-add it to your PlayBook? Also check and make sure that you have the Sent folder set to sync on the device.

I double checked my PlayBook, also using Godaddy and IMAP and all of my sent mail is there whether it came from my PlayBook, Q10, laptop, or desktop.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 05:30 AM