My pb screen suddenly went black. I could not use any gestures, but could access the restart/shutdown app via the power button.
    Should I be worried? Is anyone familiar with this issue?
    Thanks
    10-04-11 02:11 AM
    Had it once.
    Press & hold the physical start/stop button for 10 seconds, until the screen becomes 'fully' black. Then press it again to restart; should do the trick.
    10-04-11 02:42 AM
    so this was an isolated issue for you? that is reassuring.
    thanks for the advice. i shut it down and gave it a "hard" reset.
    if anyone else has any input, i'd appreciate it!
    thanks
    10-04-11 02:50 AM
    so this was an isolated issue for you? that is reassuring.
    thanks for the advice. i shut it down and gave it a "hard" reset.
    if anyone else has any input, i'd appreciate it!
    thanks
    Yes, had it only once since I got it. Had to do with my phone gettin' out of battery while loading a page with bridged browser. Not even sure there's a link but this was what I was doing when it occurred.
    10-04-11 05:17 AM
    My PB seems to freeze up randomly. Sometimes it seems to happen more often than others. I bought PB day one and I've had to use the hard reset at least 10 times tho.
    10-04-11 05:55 AM
    My PB seems to freeze up randomly. Sometimes it seems to happen more often than others. I bought PB day one and I've had to use the hard reset at least 10 times tho.
    Without mentioning vital information such as amount of free storage space and available RAM on your tablet it is difficult to assess whether the random freezing of the device is hardware, software, or resource availability driven. Please, people, provide context instead of these generalized statements; you help nobody... unless that is your (any contributor) intent.
    10-04-11 06:06 AM
    Had the PB since early May, use it hard and never have performed a hard reset. I've done a soft reset perhaps a dozen times. The OS is solid.
    10-04-11 06:07 AM
    My pb screen suddenly went black. I could not use any gestures, but could access the restart/shutdown app via the power button.
    Should I be worried? Is anyone familiar with this issue?
    Thanks
    I actually had this happen last night. I had no other apps open at all and I was reading on Kobo (just finally tried it out for the first time like 2 days ago). The screen timed out which always happens, and has happened before with Kobo, so I swiped the PB in portrait mode. The display flashed quickly and then went black. The screen was still semi-illuminated but I couldn't do anything besides reset the device.

I've had my PB since early June and I've never had this happen before. I only ever have to restart when I have wifi connection issues every few weeks.
    gjohnsto likes this.
    10-04-11 06:44 AM
    I have had it happen on maybe two or three occasions.

More often, I've had the browser disappear - generally when a number of other apps are open.
    10-04-11 09:10 AM
    dude playbook is the tablet with the best hardware selection plus qnx os, if u havea bad user habits is not a pb problem, but if u r a normal user and ur pb freeze just call rim client service cuz it its great and they will fix your problem, and u r he first guy that i see with that problem...
    10-04-11 09:45 AM
    It has happened to me, more than once, but it is a rare occurrence. Has happened to my wife on her PlayBook only once that I know of. I chock it up to a bug and I'm not concerned.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-11 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD