What color is the screen on your PlayBook when it is turned off? Mine is navy blue and a few times I notice that the backlighting doesn't turn off when I shut it down.
    10-30-11 07:19 PM
    the color stays there for sometime, and vanishes once the PB has finished the shutdown procedure. There is no light that remains after the PB is shutoff.
    10-30-11 07:31 PM
    My backlight will stay on a few seconds after i turn my playbook off.
    10-30-11 07:35 PM
    @ anindoc and Shadow, thanks for the quick replies. I processed an exchange from Staples, should have it by Tuesday. I have had bad luck with my PB's, I love the device and that is why I haven't processed a return/refund. This is my 6 replacement this month. I bought the 16GB first and it was fine but I exchanged it for a 32GB. The 32GB's that I have gotten my hands on have had 3+ dead pixels and/or many dust particles under the screen. On this last one the backlight issues when I press the shut down command. I reloaded the OS on this last one and the screen stays blue when I shut it off as if the backlight doesn't shut down. I paid $434 for it, at this point i'll be okay with one that has 1 dead pixel in a non noticeable location. That'll be the best that I can get my hands on from what I've experienced thus far. BTW, Staples finally put them back up to regular price.
    10-30-11 09:29 PM
    @ anindoc and Shadow, thanks for the quick replies. I processed an exchange from Staples, should have it by Tuesday. I have had bad luck with my PB's, I love the device and that is why I haven't processed a return/refund. This is my 6 replacement this month. I bought the 16GB first and it was fine but I exchanged it for a 32GB. The 32GB's that I have gotten my hands on have had 3+ dead pixels and/or many dust particles under the screen. On this last one the backlight issues when I press the shut down command. I reloaded the OS on this last one and the screen stays blue when I shut it off as if the backlight doesn't shut down. I paid $434 for it, at this point i'll be okay with one that has 1 dead pixel in a non noticeable location. That'll be the best that I can get my hands on from what I've experienced thus far. BTW, Staples finally put them back up to regular price.
    i hope u get the best set this time.... sorry about ur troubles
    10-30-11 10:04 PM
    @ anindoc, despite the shortcomings of the PB I happen to be one of those that has faith in its potential and am happy with what it has to offer for my personal and business use at the moment. That is why I continue to pursue the device via exchanges as opposed to returning it. As you mentioned, I hope this 7th or so time is the charm. I have considered the return but when I consider my other options (iPad and or an Android OS tablet) they "might" be more appealing to the masses, but the PB is a better fit for me.
    10-30-11 10:28 PM
    @ anindoc, despite the shortcomings of the PB I happen to be one of those that has faith in its potential and am happy with what it has to offer for my personal and business use at the moment. That is why I continue to pursue the device via exchanges as opposed to returning it. As you mentioned, I hope this 7th or so time is the charm. I have considered the return but when I consider my other options (iPad and or an Android OS tablet) they "might" be more appealing to the masses, but the PB is a better fit for me.
    ^^ that my friend is well said.... i am with u on this. PB serves me more than anything else i can think of replacing it with....... its a good feeling
    10-30-11 10:53 PM
    You may need to do cold boot. +, -, and on buttons all at once. I sometimes need this in OS2.
    Abrante likes this.
    10-31-11 05:49 AM
    You may need to do cold boot. +, -, and on buttons all at once. I sometimes need this in OS2.
    I found it rather annoying to have to do the cold boot on the first time I turned off a brand new unit. After the cold boot I decided to wipe and reload the OS and the first time I shut it down the backlight didn't turn off either. The best option is to get it replaced (deliver will be tomorrow) and lower the chances of something like this (or worse) happening after my return period. Thanks for your input though
    10-31-11 07:35 AM
    I've had two PBs. The first one was a 16g I bought to see if the PB was the right device for me. It was so I returned it and bought a 32g. Both units functioned flawlessly.
    10-31-11 10:49 AM
    I've had two PBs. The first one was a 16g I bought to see if the PB was the right device for me. It was so I returned it and bought a 32g. Both units functioned flawlessly.

Hopefully the one I get tomorrow works out great.
    10-31-11 04:07 PM
    The PB that I just received is immaculate. Thanks to all those that collaborated and commented in this forum.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    11-01-11 02:30 PM
    What color is the screen on your PlayBook when it is turned off? Mine is navy blue and a few times I notice that the backlighting doesn't turn off when I shut it down.
    Did you upgrade to the beta OS 2.0? Is it possible that you are having the same problem as I am? I have had this happen to me twice over the last two days. When the playbook is turned off, the display backlight would stay on and drain the power.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ed-off-666170/
    11-01-11 03:23 PM
    Did you upgrade to the beta OS 2.0? Is it possible that you are having the same problem as I am? I have had this happen to me twice over the last two days. When the playbook is turned off, the display backlight would stay on and drain the power.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ed-off-666170/
    No, I never upgraded to 2.0
    Last edited by Abrante; 11-01-11 at 08:18 PM.
    ferganer likes this.
    11-01-11 07:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD