I have an brand new playbook 16g, my screen becomes unresponsive sometimes and cannot type on it should i take it back?
    05-24-11 11:17 PM
    Yes, mine never does that.
    05-24-11 11:28 PM
    I have noticed that if I inadvertently touch the black gesture border of the screen while i am trying to click on the actual screen, it is unresponsive. Just be careful not to hold the black of the screen and see if everything is okay.
    05-24-11 11:45 PM
    you need to take it back because its gonna blow!!
    05-25-11 12:10 AM
    it does lock the screen from scrolling in any direction, WHEN you have your thumb or finger on the bezel...next to the speaker...either side. thats standard functionality. could that be the problem?
    05-25-11 08:22 AM
    Mine does not LOCK when a finger is on the bezel and I try scrolling - it scrolls.

I would restart the system or reboot.
    05-25-11 09:56 AM
    Mine doezn't have this issue, reboot and if still doez it take it back
    05-25-11 09:59 AM
    mine does it intermittently as the page is still trying to load. i chalk this up under glitchy browser. but otherwise, other apps are fine. no issues anywhere else.
    05-25-11 04:36 PM
    i was wondering about this myself. seems to me that if i wake pb after being a sleep mode for a while. apps are frozen. the browser tabs wont respond either. i have to close and restart apps. or restart pb. this is a faulty unit and os needing new update? other than this, pb rocks.
    05-25-11 08:49 PM
    All five of the Playbooks in our organization lock the screen when a finger is on the bezel. Have you tried scrolling WITHOUT touching the black border around the screen?
    05-25-11 10:10 PM
    I had that problem at first. I was told to wipe the device. Long story short, one wipe seemed to help but then ended up wiping again & had issues. I ended up taking mine back on day 14 (Best Buy), just to be safe. And I decided I'd probably need a 32 GB, anyway. My best guess is that it's device specific. Can't hurt to exchange it.
    05-26-11 01:47 PM
    it does lock the screen from scrolling in any direction, WHEN you have your thumb or finger on the bezel...next to the speaker...either side. thats standard functionality. could that be the problem?
    Huh... well I learn something new everyday! You're right, mine will not scroll if I have my thumb or finger on the black bezel next to the speaker.

Actually if you touch any part of the black bezel it won't scroll in any direction.
    05-26-11 01:58 PM
    speaking of scrolling... Do you guys find that scrolling is laggy when the page isn't fully loaded? Once the page loads completely the scrolling becomes super responsive, like an iPad.
    05-26-11 03:28 PM
    I have just man-handled my pb placing thumb, finger, fingers on the bezel and while on the home screen, my icons are scrolling up/down.
    05-26-11 03:32 PM
    Mine locks if i straddle bezel and the screen, but if my thumb is on the bezel only it scrolls fine.
    05-26-11 07:01 PM
    speaking of scrolling... Do you guys find that scrolling is laggy when the page isn't fully loaded? Once the page loads completely the scrolling becomes super responsive, like an iPad.
    Yep and it seems to delay the loading of the page if you're trying to scroll at the same time...

but once loaded everything is great.
    05-26-11 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD