Where are the next gen phones with better processors? bigger screens better internet!! touchscreens? really? playbook is all? until next year? pshh im out!

anyone feel the way I do? or different?
    01-07-11 02:18 PM
    Like I've said many times recently, I'll likely go with Android this spring, because I'm quite sure I won't see a 4+" Storm with 4G anytime soon. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt RIM will make a liar of me.
    01-07-11 02:21 PM
    yeah its not even about a 4inch storm though? anything show me anything with more power under the hood, different size touchscreen not this joke they call the torch?
    01-07-11 02:28 PM
    yeah its not even about a 4inch storm though? anything show me anything with more power under the hood, different size touchscreen not this joke they call the torch?
    I was amused at how RIM talked up the Torch like it's the second coming. The media pretty much all did a collective "MEH!!". So did I.
    01-07-11 02:32 PM
    Awesome thread.
    krod31 likes this.
    01-07-11 02:36 PM
    And ya'll seriously created yet another thread that says the same thing. Thread, schmed, it's in your head.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-11 02:40 PM
    I said there's three things: there's the BlackBerry communications device, there's the tablet, and there's the super phone, the super smartphone. I think there's all three markets. ...
    Good enough for me, I will wait patiently.
    01-07-11 02:52 PM
    yeah, I'm jumping ship to probably the Bionic when it comes out. I'm very very tired of always waiting for RIM to get on the ball! looking forward to having a phone that compeats in todays world!
    01-07-11 02:53 PM
    I'm considering the Bionic now too. If there's no VZW touchscreen BlackBerry by March!

I'm looking forward to the browser.

01-07-11 02:55 PM
    I'm considering the Bionic now too. If there's no VZW touchscreen BlackBerry by March!

I'm looking forward to the browser.

I've been planning on migrating to Android since I tried the Storm2 last spring. The Bold is just tiding me over until my upgrade date next month.

I couldn't care less about the Playbook. RIM needs to work on their phones before they attempt to tackle tablets.
    01-07-11 03:00 PM
    It would be dumb of me to go from Tour to Storm 2 huh? What I'm looking for is touchscreen, big screen and browser that renders well.

01-07-11 03:02 PM
    I was amused at how RIM talked up the Torch like it's the second coming.
    Compared to the 9550, it is!
    01-07-11 03:04 PM
    Its so funny how I m so lucky lol....I just don't get why my torch doesn't suck as mush as u guys say it does lol...

01-07-11 03:05 PM
    It would be dumb of me to go from Tour to Storm 2 huh? What I'm looking for is touchscreen, big screen and browser that renders well.

Who are you asking?
    01-07-11 03:05 PM
    Asking the thread I really want to stay with BlackBerry. Is the Torch browser as good as say the Droid Pro?

I also need to be able to tether.

01-07-11 03:08 PM
    Asking the thread I really want to stay with BlackBerry. Is the Torch browser as good as say the Droid Pro?

Giggle Giggle. "NO!"
    01-07-11 03:10 PM

The BB6 browser is better than the OS5 browser on your Tour. Neither come close to the Android browser.
    01-07-11 03:16 PM
    Thread hyjack much?
    01-07-11 03:23 PM
    Thread hyjack much?
    Yeah, because clearly the playbook isn't discussed on CB enough
    01-07-11 03:25 PM
    Its so funny how I m so lucky lol....I just don't get why my torch doesn't suck as mush as u guys say it does lol...

Didn't you tell us to just wait for CES for a big anouncement? Did I miss something? Or were you talking about android releases?

01-07-11 04:45 PM
    No I was talking bberry ..I was told there would be a new device ..I m sorry the source didn't come thru...

01-07-11 05:46 PM
    No I was talking bberry ..I was told there would be a new device ..I m sorry the source didn't come thru...

But CES isn't over, do you know for sure (yet) that your information was wrong?
    01-07-11 09:59 PM

Well since the Storm 2 won't get OS6/webkit browser it is stuck with the crap OS5 browser, which anyone who thinks it renders well, hasn't tried the iPhone browser or Android browser. The OS6 browser is better but still not at the level as the other devices have...
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 01-07-11 at 10:20 PM.
    01-07-11 10:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD