Has anybody noticed that when saving Video, pictures and music files that the playbook is showing a duplicate copy of the file in Android under the misc directory under movies, DCIM and music.

I have reached the limit for file storage on a 16gb and only have 7.5gb of files stored. I cant believe that hidden system files will add up to the rest of the storage space.

Bazza
    03-21-12 01:26 PM
    03-21-12 01:50 PM
    Be careful.

As taylortbb said a bit further in the thread that borceg linked, "The individual files aren't being symlinked, the entire folders are. So shared/misc/android/Pictures is a symlink to shared/photos."

That means that you are seeing the same files from two different places. If, for example, you delete a photo in the android/Pictures folder, then it will have been completely deleted from your PB and will no longer exist in the normal PB photo folder eiiher.
    03-21-12 02:33 PM
    Be careful.

As taylortbb said a bit further in the thread that borceg linked, "The individual files aren't being symlinked, the entire folders are. So shared/misc/android/Pictures is a symlink to shared/photos."

That means that you are seeing the same files from two different places. If, for example, you delete a photo in the android/Pictures folder, then it will have been completely deleted from your PB and will no longer exist in the normal PB photo folder eiiher.
    Yep, once i saw my video files in android and deleted them only to have them disappear in video player and folder.
    03-21-12 02:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD