BB site says it ends on 12/3. Do they mean through tomorrow or tonight at midnight? Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks in advance
    12-02-11 10:10 PM
    I don't think they'll take the sale price off before Christmas

The media knows they have a supply of pbs and they won't sell at $500...I'm guessing RIM will say 'due to popularity they'll extend the sale to January'
    12-02-11 10:18 PM
    On the blackberry website, the count down clock for how much time is left will expire at 11:59pm est 12-3
    12-02-11 10:44 PM
    They can not go back on pricing and expect to sell off their inventory of PlayBooks. I would not be surprised if RIM exits the tablet market after selling off their existing stock. Competing on price is a game they cannot win.

Sent using Tapatalk
    12-02-11 10:45 PM
    it might be hard to find the 16g

newegg.com still has the 32 and 64 at 300dollar discount
    12-02-11 10:46 PM
    Futureshop site here has the PB back up at regular price.
    12-02-11 10:52 PM
    now that they saw how big of a success it was...

i have a feeling it will be at 199 again during Boxing week sales.
    12-02-11 10:59 PM
  8. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    just go ahead and order!....though likely there are no more 16gb Playbooks as they are sold out....but you can order 32 / 64gb models...
    12-03-11 04:43 AM
    They can not go back on pricing and expect to sell off their inventory of PlayBooks. I would not be surprised if RIM exits the tablet market after selling off their existing stock. Competing on price is a game they cannot win.

Sent using Tapatalk
    This does hit the nail on the head. BlackBerry has a product that sells at currently reduced prices that was almost dead in the water under prior pricing. A reversion to prior pricing, without dramatic software or hardware updates, will drown the Playbook sales once again. This is not to say that decision will not be made. I am only saying it would be the height of folly. Then the only remaining question will be, " What is sinking faster, the price of RIMM stock or the sales volume of the Playbook?"
    12-03-11 05:57 AM
    This does hit the nail on the head. BlackBerry has a product that sells at currently reduced prices that was almost dead in the water under prior pricing. A reversion to prior pricing, without dramatic software or hardware updates, will drown the Playbook sales once again. This is not to say that decision will not be made. I am only saying it would be the height of folly. Then the only remaining question will be, " What is sinking faster, the price of RIMM stock or the sales volume of the Playbook?"
    16 HOURS LEFT - THATS IT !! (as of 8AM EST)

BlackBerry Accessories Store - RIM US
    12-03-11 07:14 AM
    From a marketing perspective, the smart thing todo is to let the prices go back to "normal", and then bring back the discounts closer to Christmas. You need to maintain the perspective that the $199 pricing is a big sale and discount, something you want to run out and get while you can. By keeping the $199 price too long, the perspective becomes that it is the norm and the effect to drive sales is lost.

Also, letting it go back to full price for a bit will give a chance for the channels to be filled back with inventory, and able to handle another round of sales.

Not saying this is what RIM will do, just saying that Marketing 101 would suggest doing this.
    Cpt.GargameL likes this.
    12-03-11 08:39 AM
    From a marketing perspective, the smart thing todo is to let the prices go back to "normal", and then bring back the discounts closer to Christmas. You need to maintain the perspective that the $199 pricing is a big sale and discount, something you want to run out and get while you can. By keeping the $199 price too long, the perspective becomes that it is the norm and the effect to drive sales is lost.

Also, letting it go back to full price for a bit will give a chance for the channels to be filled back with inventory, and able to handle another round of sales.

Not saying this is what RIM will do, just saying that Marketing 101 would suggest doing this.
    Well thought, my friend !
    12-03-11 08:46 AM
    I wonder what will happen after the day is over lol
    12-03-11 08:54 AM

LOL!

RIM would be monumentally ignorant to do that. The Kindle Fire is moving along quite briskly at 199, the Nook Tablet is doing well at 249, and in between their is a slew of other Android tablets until you hit 499. The two to worry about this season is the iPad 2 and Transformer Prime.

The instant the prices rise sales or going to plummet massively and those who would buy one will simply get something else. If RIM wants any chance to move these things over the holiday season it needs to keep its low price, otherwise it will languish on the shelf like it does when priced at 499+
    12-03-11 08:59 AM
    If they don't stay at current sale prices throughout the rest of the year, I have a feeling they will be $249, $349, and $449 for 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB respectively.
    12-03-11 09:38 AM
    RIM has outright said that they are sticking to the tablet market, rumor is that there is a 10' coming out by next christmas. i don't think they will extend the sale. this pushed A LOT of PBs out the door and into the hands of the people which was the real reason for this sale.
    12-03-11 09:57 AM
    64GB NIB on eBay $325 free fedex shipping. Seller has 20 or so left. Mine is in memphis, TN waiting for the 1h ride to my house thanks to worst buy screwing me out ot my $229 pb ($250.69 with AR tax)
    12-03-11 10:40 AM
    64GB NIB on eBay $325 free fedex shipping. Seller has 20 or so left. Mine is in memphis, TN waiting for the 1h ride to my house thanks to worst buy screwing me out ot my $229 pb ($250.69 with AR tax) ps that's buy it now price btw
    12-03-11 10:40 AM
    for as far i could tell yesterday both Staples and the Source have jacked up the price to a $299 special for 16GB..........so $100 less of a special, for now...
    12-03-11 01:26 PM
    Would never pay that much for 16GB pfft can't wait to get my 64GB!!!! So anxious
    12-03-11 01:31 PM
    I think that as long as RIM has a warehouse full of unused playbook parts the sale will continue. If they have to take a bath on these why not use the opportunity to get mass adoption of the playbook by cutting the price?

If they raise the price back to $499 for a 16GB tablet people are going to buy an ASUS transformer with a quad core processor. It's a no brainer.
    12-03-11 02:35 PM
    BB site says it ends on 12/3. Do they mean through tomorrow or tonight at midnight? Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks in advance
    The sale price will not end - if anything the device will get cheaper.
    12-03-11 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD