...and lots of hate in the form or attacking comments, remarks and worse, the spreading of lies.

The only thing the ipad and xoom crowd can do at present is to compare their devices to the playbook in its green, raw larva stage... Even the bloggers and mag coverage was intellectually dishonest out of fear. (wifi only is a shortcoming? You didn't catch that 3g and 4g are on the way? Not enough apps? [b] It was okay for the xoom to launch with 11 I guess???)

Flash, smoothness of UI, practical use in the business world, portability, real dual core processing power (ipad2 is still handicapped)... What category the playbook doesn't yet dominate it soon will with a few OS updates. (oh, like the ipad and xoom were perfect at launch?)

We have a winner here; its not just a fabulous device with lots of room for growth... Its comical at how severly it b*tch slaps the competition.

How humiliating now it would be to own one of the other pieces of junk.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    tumer and marclovell like this.
    04-22-11 12:55 PM
    I brought my PB to work. I work in a global IT environment.

Even the die hard iPad/iPhone (iEverything) users at the office said the PB is pretty good.
    04-22-11 12:58 PM
    What you just did was create a perfect example of a troll-post.

I agree that the PB has very nice hardware. But the tone of your post invites quarreling. What a shame--you like the PB, but you went about this all wrong...I suspect this thread is going to deteriorate quickly...
    04-22-11 12:58 PM
    Currently I a 3G/4G Xoom, Ipad, Samsung Galaxy Tab and the 64 GB Playbook. Each has different operating system.

Even owning all 4 devices, I don't even want to put down any other devices. Each one of them has its strong points.

Here are the strong points:

1. ipad: a lot more apps
    2. Xoom: big display so easier to read and navigate
    3. Samsung Galaxy Tab: portable, able to make phone calls, can play a lot of video codecs, including high-profile .mkv container files
    4. 64 GB Playbook: portable, best at multitasking, can play a lot of video codecs, excluding .mkv container files

For the negative...each has its own that most people know.

My point is: each device has its strong points and weak points. Putting down other devices is like saying your mother is ugly and pathetic looking because she does not look like a Miss Universe winner. Remember, your mother has some better qualities than the Miss Universe winner.

That is why I have 4 tablets and I pick the one to play with according the situation.
    Last edited by Earthbrain; 04-22-11 at 01:16 PM.
    04-22-11 01:13 PM
    Jealousy from another fanboy who could only afford 1 tablet? Yes.

For true gadgets enthusiast no. S/he gets to choose whichever s/he thinks is the best for his/her needs. Like the user above, a true gadget enthusiast.
    04-22-11 01:20 PM

I agree that the PB has very nice hardware. But the tone of your post invites quarreling. What a shame--you like the PB, but you went about this all wrong...I suspect this thread is going to deteriorate quickly...
    It is meant to express support for the device while in this forum the haters have launched a full out bashfest and, so intensly, it is easy to figure out it isn't genuine. "Not even close".... Heh...

I expected some sort of counterattack from the opposing faction but the flame war I found in this forum against the playbook is actually not even insulting, it hits comical levels.

And this, remember, is coming from somebody who holds RIM in contempt for a lot of its actions and policies over the last few years.

04-22-11 01:44 PM
    It is meant to express support for the device while in this forum the haters have launched a full out bashfest and, so intensly, it is easy to figure out it isn't genuine. "Not even close".... Heh...

I expected some sort of counterattack from the opposing faction but the flame war I found in this forum against the playbook is actually not even insulting, it hits comical levels.

And this, remember, is coming from somebody who holds RIM in contempt for a lot of its actions and policies over the last few years.

Just because you aren't happy with RIM doesn't excuse blatantly trolling for an argument from "the opposition" IMO. I'll go on record as saying I expect to see this thread locked by the end of the day as "the opposition" heats up the war.
    04-22-11 01:49 PM
    i think the playbook eats the ipad2 and dave you have slowly become a hatter dont know why but latly a lot of your posts have been negative.
    have you used one yet ?
    if not dont believe all the bs people here are saying there full of it this thing is swt!!!!!!!
    there over 20 pages thats 20 PAGES of people inthe i got my playbook sticky that are in love and happy with the pb and just what maybe 15 threads of single people complaining maybe we shoulkd ask all the happy people each on to start a thread then the trolls would disappear!!!!!
    04-22-11 02:12 PM
    ...and lots of hate in the form or attacking comments, remarks and worse, the spreading of lies.

The only thing the ipad and xoom crowd can do at present is to compare their devices to the playbook in its green, raw larva stage... Even the bloggers and mag coverage was intellectually dishonest out of fear. (wifi only is a shortcoming? You didn't catch that 3g and 4g are on the way? Not enough apps? [b] It was okay for the xoom to launch with 11 I guess???)

Flash, smoothness of UI, practical use in the business world, portability, real dual core processing power (ipad2 is still handicapped)... What category the playbook doesn't yet dominate it soon will with a few OS updates. (oh, like the ipad and xoom were perfect at launch?)

We have a winner here; its not just a fabulous device with lots of room for growth... Its comical at how severly it b*tch slaps the competition.

That's a pretty bold statement. I've actually used them all at this point pretty extensively. I finally got my hands on the PB for a while today. Its definitely a nice device and I think QNX has very strong bones in the OS. I do take an ipad2 home every night as well as one I bought myself. The hedge fund I work desployed about 60 iPads and are now swapping them out for the second generation. After talking with our CTO, he wasn't happy with the Playbook and had no plans to support it. I was surprised as most of our phones are Blackberry. Our analysts and PMs are thrilled being able to do research and analytics on the iPad. Some even leave their laptops at home now when visiting companies. obviously a very small sample but this isn't the first I've heard of Windows shops deploying iPads. If someone told me 5 years ago that businesses with Windows environments would actually deploy and support an Apple product for serious business uses I probably would have died because I laughed so hard.

I don't know why people are so one sided with this stuff. I have a BB 9700 for work as well as an iPhone 4 for personal. Both are nice devices with strengths and weaknesses. For me to say the iPhone blows any Blackberry away really means nothing, as it's my opinion and is not backed up by numbers. There are a lot of BBs sold last time I checked. And I want to see RIM succeed and evolve. We need competition, it breeds innovation and keeps these companies on their toes. I would think that people would buy devices based on their needs and not the logo on the back (and that's a whole other discussion if you have a nice laptop and you don't travel, what's the point of.a tablet). Now if you are a stockholder of RIM I can understand the animosity towards Apple and Google
    04-22-11 02:12 PM
    Why don't you tell us? You're the one with a Storm 2, the ****tiest line of RIM devices, and touchscreens to date.

These other devices aren't pieces of ****. They just may not be as good as the PlayBook for you.

It's funny. People constantly complain about the bashing, and what do you do, you start another thread to antagonize these people to bash you even more. Comical.
    04-22-11 02:16 PM
    Wow, lot's of loyalist's in here. It's a big stretch to say that the PlayBook is the iPad 2's daddy. It's a stretch to say it's better overall than the iPad2. I will agree the PlayBook does some things better. And vice versa. But the iPad is on it's second Gen, and the PB on it's first with features still being added and the firmware needing work. The PlayBook has the potential to be every bit as good as the iPad2. But honestly, it's just not there yet. It will be one day. Now I'm going back to my iPad2 while my daughter plays with my new "PlayBook toy" she's confiscated.. loool
    this IMO is pretty spot on
    04-22-11 02:22 PM
    Just because you aren't happy with RIM doesn't excuse blatantly trolling for an argument from "the opposition" IMO. I'll go on record as saying I expect to see this thread locked by the end of the day as "the opposition" heats up the war.
    I never claimed unhappiness with rim gave me a blank check to do anything. You are actually engaging in a self fulfilling prophesy of sorts.

I am actually waving the flag for rim in having finally hit the bullseye. I am not sure why this would bother u but thats not my problem.

Again, good job rim. Now dont slip up, keep up the good work.
    04-22-11 11:12 PM
    im as apple fanboy as you can get and i love the playbook
    04-22-11 11:22 PM
    I never claimed unhappiness with rim gave me a blank check to do anything. You are actually engaging in a self fulfilling prophesy of sorts.

I am actually waving the flag for rim in having finally hit the bullseye. I am not sure why this would bother u but thats not my problem.

Again, good job rim. Now dont slip up, keep up the good work.
    Nothing wrong with waving a flag. Inciting a riot is another thing. there's no need to rub anyone's nose in the fact that you adore your PB. The "opposition" needs little excuse to get riled up.
    04-22-11 11:46 PM
    Nothing wrong with waving a flag. Inciting a riot is another thing. there's no need to rub anyone's nose in the fact that you adore your PB. The "opposition" needs little excuse to get riled up.
    again its not inciting a riot. maybe u perceive it that way and strangely enough the praise and adoration thread is getting more flack from u than haters.

if u yourself enjoy stirring the pot then thats a different matter. it was not and wont be my intent.
    04-24-11 07:00 PM
    again its not inciting a riot. maybe u perceive it that way and strangely enough the praise and adoration thread is getting more flack from u than haters.

if u yourself enjoy stirring the pot then thats a different matter. it was not and wont be my intent.
    It wasn't your intent? You said it would be humiliating to own one of the other devices. It's like you are mocking people for what they purchased. You don't think that would upset some people? People on this site get upset when someone simply says "my phone is better than yours".

I don't own any of the device, I just find this funny.
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    04-24-11 07:24 PM

LOL, yeah kb5zht, how dare you create a thread in a Blackberry forum, praising a Blackberry.....Should be banned in my opinion *SMH*
    04-24-11 07:55 PM
    Well, right now I am in a jampacked cafe and all I see are laptops. I am the only one with a tablet and I'm having to field lots of questions since it's not an iPad. To some extent I agree with Hoakie's post. Anyway, i believe this thing probably needs the new phones in order to really get the bridge performing to a professional grade level. And autotext, preditive txt cripes! Enough already....bridge my bold keyboard baby....
    04-24-11 07:56 PM
    Dave, have you forgotten that this IS crackberry.com, NOT ipadforum.net or BGR.com, etc. ? I mean, this is OUR forum, fellow Blackberry users, and if we can't boast about a new RIM product on this forum without starting a "war", then where can one? While, I may not agree with everything the OP stated, it certainly is in the right "arena" to be posting it, or, at least I thought.
    I am starting to grow tired of all of the "nay sayers" on here, and long time members "feeding" the trolls by replying to their ridiculous threads. These PB haters must be loving the drama they stir up and of course, there is always someone on here who goes for their "bait". Where are the mods in all of these threads? Don't get me wrong, constructive criticism which provoke useful dialogue is always welcome, but most of the crap these trolls post wouldn't fly at all on other sites. I post on an ipad site (I have one as well), and i did a search recently for PB threads, and I only found a couple, and most of them were locked because someone (a PB fan) started to put down the iPad. The mods might have been a bit sensative, but, they were correct in locking, since the PB troll was only trying to get a reaction.
    Now I ask that this site step up and do the same..... in the meantime, ignore the trolls who are only seeking a reaction from you. Thanks for listening.
    04-24-11 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD