So the other day I end up getting the wife playbook as she cracked the screen on her netbook. I wont lie I was a little hesitant considering my love for IOS and android devices. Over the last few years I've owned everything from the Ipad, kindle, nook, galaxy tab, nook color and finally the ipad 2. So with that being said I feel I can post an unbiased review of the playbook.

First off the Os is amazing. I found user interface very intuitive and it by far out shines any of apple/googles mobile efforts. I'm really impressed and quite shocked since I've been unimpressed by rims handsets for so long. It doesn't take a genius to realize that rim borrowed things from IOS but it doesn't matter considering everything worked seamlessly.

Things I loved
    - user interface
    - bezel gestures
    - screen
    - hardware

Things I didn't love
    - lack of apps (hopefully time will fix)
    - size (while I liked the portability at times I wanted something a little bigger. Then today I hear a out the 10 inch playbook)
    - bridge (felt a little buggy but then again I only played with it for moment)
    - no kindle or nook app

Overall I'm very exciting for the playbooks future. Every update brings cool features I just hope developers get behind the device.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    05-04-11 09:52 PM
    Nook app is included by default. Otherwise I mostly agree (except the size, I prefer a smaller device).
    05-04-11 10:00 PM
    Nice to here a good unbias review. Rim's got a winner on their hands here.

-sent from my Playbook

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-11 10:01 PM
    Nook app is included by default. Otherwise I mostly agree (except the size, I prefer a smaller device).
    No actually its kobo which I haven't figured out how to load my own content.

05-04-11 10:08 PM
    I went in and played with a live unit at Office Depot this evening. They had just gotten their display, and were just getting familiar with it themselves, but they were really surprised at how easy it was to use.

Now, I'm not a touchscreen fan on a phone for operations and typing, buy had zero problems with the PlayBook keyboard. Thumb-typing for me was pretty smooth, considering it was a first try. Within moments I was using the gestures and pinch zooming like I'd had practice.

Shame for me it isn't in the budget, right now, but I will be looking for a good deal in the future.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-11 10:10 PM
    I own a playbook and a iPad 2. Both have their pros and cons but the playbook to me just seems that it has so much potential. Don't get me wrong I really like my ipad 2 but the playbook is going to improve by leaps and bounds in the coming months. Having said that I'm glad I own both.
    05-04-11 10:12 PM
    No actually its kobo which I haven't figured out how to load my own content.

Oops, my bad.
    05-04-11 10:15 PM
    I own a playbook and a iPad 2. Both have their pros and cons but the playbook to me just seems that it has so much potential. Don't get me wrong I really like my ipad 2 but the playbook is going to improve by leaps and bounds in the coming months. Having said that I'm glad I own both.
    Agreed after using the playbook. I feel like IOS was thrown together. Only thing that's good is the apps.

05-04-11 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD