The playbook I bought on monday is refusing to come on.I had charged it until it was full while it was off.on switchin it on a few minutes ago, it came up,showing the blackberry logo.went to the gents,came back thinking it had completed booting.all I saw was a blinking red light(still blinking as I write).its not coming up.

What do I do please?
    04-12-12 03:11 PM
    9of13 (CB member) had the same problem, plug the PlayBook in for two minutes, unplug and repeat for 10 minutes (5 times). The PlayBook should reset itself
    04-12-12 03:15 PM
    Were you using the charger that came with it to charge it? A lot of new users make the mistake of uisng phone chargers or usb cables to a PC to charge and these do not provide enough current to charge a PlayBook.

You might want to call RIM support if you have no success after trying spencerdl's suggestion.
    04-12-12 03:27 PM
    Thanx guys.I used the charger that came with it.I always handle my devices like an egg.
    04-12-12 03:34 PM
    Let us know if you still need help.
    04-12-12 03:41 PM
    9of13 (CB member) had the same problem, plug the PlayBook in for two minutes, unplug and repeat for 10 minutes (5 times). The PlayBook should reset itself
    Well, I just tried what you suggested.no changes.the red light is still blinking,its still not coming on.any other suggestion please?
    04-12-12 04:09 PM
    Well, I just tried what you suggested.no changes.the red light is still blinking,its still not coming on.any other suggestion please?
    Give RIM a call, but before that search 9of13's thread. Sorry for not providing the link, gotta go to work
    04-12-12 04:12 PM
    Try the debrick method. You will loose all the data on the PlayBook. If the debrick doesn't work, you probably have a hardware problem and should call RIM.

Here is a quick summary of the debrick method. A search will find a more detailed version:

Hold down the power button for about fifteen to twenty seconds to shut the playbook off. Next start BlackBerry Desktop software, then connect the turned off Playbook into the computer using a USB cable. The PlayBook will then start booting and the desktop software will ask if you want to repair the PlayBook or wait for it to reboot. Choose repair. I may have the word repair wrong, but it will be obvious which option tries to reload the software.
    04-12-12 04:16 PM
    Try the debrick method. You will loose all the data on the PlayBook. If the debrick doesn't work, you probably have a hardware problem and should call RIM.

Here is a quick summary of the debrick method. A search will find a more detailed version:

Hold down the power button for about fifteen to twenty seconds to shut the playbook off. Next start BlackBerry Desktop software, then connect the turned off Playbook into the computer using a USB cable. The PlayBook will then start booting and the desktop software will ask if you want to repair the PlayBook or wait for it to reboot. Choose repair. I may have the word repair wrong, but it will be obvious which option tries to reload the software.
    Please do I need internet connection to use the desktop software on my PC?
    04-12-12 05:11 PM
    Please do I need internet connection to use the desktop software on my PC?
    Basically, yes. Because it will probably DL the OS prior to debrick the PB. So I'll suggest that you do this on a (wired) connected to the Internet PC.

Oh, just a basic-simple-almost stupid idea, while I read again you #1 post : did you try to swipe your finger from bottom to top ? (your PB might just have turned in standby while you were away ...). May look stupid but I remember someone's who didn't know about it ...
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 04-12-12 at 05:34 PM.
    04-12-12 05:32 PM
    Did you try the 3 button restart? Sometimes when it crashes the screen stays black, which is kinda stupid...
    04-12-12 05:42 PM
    Many are all experiencing bizarre charging symptoms.

QNX is a horse's rump: it has very high security standards and can be twitchy. Do not do major reset ops without talking to a RIM expert. Things to try: clean contacts of (unplugged) charger with Radio Shack contact cleaner or the like; use compressed air to gingerly clean out the PB PWR contacts. Put back on charging stand and pray. Doc Neutron.

Perhaps a RIM expert will recommend better cleaning procedures.
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 04-12-12 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Typo fix
    04-12-12 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD