Hi Guys I've Just Joined This Forum.

And I Read All The Thread's regarding my problem But Still I want to Some Expert To Clear My problem.

yesterday I Attached My PB With My Hometheatre With 0% battery And I Also Plugged Charger.

after few minutes

I Detach The 3.5mm Jack Cord From PB and the Charger.
    Then My PB SUDDENLY WENT OFF.I knew that battery was about go i kept it in the wardrobe.

And Today I Plugged the charger inn But It Was Showing 1 red led and 5 times(blinking) green/orange led

after 20 mins i tried turning it on but it did'nt respond.So, I Tried Updating It Again With Desktop Manager And Then Error Popped "Fatal error unable to update"

And Now I've plugged charger In It and It is Showing Only 1 RED LED for 10 sec and then it disappear.!!

Need Advice.! ?
    05-27-12 12:08 PM
    Do the stack charging.... may have to do it more than 6 times...

Stack Charging:

"stack" charging, 6 cycles of charge no charge, for 2 minutes each, charging for never more than 2 minutes. You might have to do the cycles again if no red light appears.
    Then put it on the charger and let it charge.. will take around 2hrs with the OEM Playbook Rapid charger (magnetic end) or longer with the OEM Playbook wall charger.
    05-27-12 12:16 PM
    i m doing it sometimes red led come for 10 sec and then disappears.

and tell me is my PB is BRICKED ?
    05-27-12 12:52 PM
    Try holding the power button for 20-30 seconds will plugged in. If it doesn't work let it charge for a few hours and try again.
    05-27-12 01:32 PM
    Did you try the Stack charging? Here's a variety of ways folks have done it:

Locked, bricked

I was told about "stack" charging, 6 cycles of charge no charge, for 2 minutes each, charging for never more than 2 minutes.

Plug the PB in with the factory charging cable (red light comes on for a several seconds, then goes off). Wait about 10 more seconds. Unplug PB for about 30 seconds.

Repeat n times.

n == 6 for me. Finally my PB light switched to green, then began to oscillate, signalling charging. After a few more minutes my PB came back to life.

You might want to UNplug/Replug at the wall/socket end to avoid using or damaging the weaker usb port on the pb itself.

Just talked to tech support, because i'm impatient sometimes. Here is the initial process they gave me to try.

Plug in the charger for 2 mins, unplug for 10 sec -> Repeat 6 to 8 times

Then while unplugged perform the Hard reset (POWER, VOL + and - at the same time) . **When the red light comes on PLUG IN THE CHARGER**

The playbook is supposed to then start charging/boot.

--------------

Try leaving it plugged in for an hour or more.

let us know....
    05-27-12 01:33 PM
    i left playbook to charge whole night and in the morning same response not working and tell me is my pb is bricked ?
    05-27-12 10:41 PM
    But did ya first do the "stack charging" method as prescribed !!?
    05-27-12 10:48 PM
    plug charger for 2 mins and then unplug and wait for 10 sec right ?
    05-27-12 10:53 PM
    plug charger for 2 mins and then unplug and wait for 10 sec right ?
    Im doing with the charger which came along pb in the box.!
    05-27-12 10:59 PM
    For the Stack Charge: Plug in for 2 minutes, unplug, plug in for another 2 minutes, unplug. Repeat 6 times. Yes, with the charger that came with the pb. Good luck
    05-28-12 12:16 AM
    Guys PB IS NOT RESPONDING AT ALL I MEAN NOW NO RED LED IS there. !!

need serious adivce.!!
    05-28-12 01:00 AM
    There were some cases where the folding blades on the charger weren't making connection unless closed and opened again.
    05-28-12 05:32 AM
    I had the same problem. I'm convinced its a software issue. Anyway to fix it I whipped off the back cover. YouTube video excellent explains how. Undid the main power connector which is held in by tiny screws. Leave undone for thirty seconds. Plug back in and hey presto problem solved.
    05-28-12 07:34 AM
    I had the same problem. I'm convinced its a software issue. Anyway to fix it I whipped off the back cover. YouTube video excellent explains how. Undid the main power connector which is held in by tiny screws. Leave undone for thirty seconds. Plug back in and hey presto problem solved.
    NOT recommended if the user still has a warranty although it may be a good solution if the warranty is expired or the user really does not want to ship the device off to rim's repair service.
    05-28-12 09:15 AM
    OP, if you can't get your Playbook up and running, then you need to call the Rimm Support, and see if you can't have it returned and fixed. More than likely, you have ruined the USB port, or you have tried to plug the USB cord into the HDMI port.

Good Luck.
    05-28-12 09:23 AM
    Last time When i plugged the power chord it showed RED LED again for 10 seconds.
    05-28-12 10:47 PM
    Playbook is working fine now. !
    05-31-12 01:04 PM
    G r e a t!
    05-31-12 03:05 PM
    Just wanted to post, I too had a 16GB Playbook that would only show a solid red LED when I plugged in my wall charger. I did the 2 minute drills plugging and unplugging, didnt work. I viewed the you tube video, followed the video and I unscrewed the two screws and waited at least a minute,,,,screwed them back in...(use caution when doing this) I plugged my Playbook in with the cover off, just in case I had to try it again, but it started charging the battery....it took it quite some time before it would boot up. I am happy to say my 2nd 16GB Playbook is back up and running with my 9800 bridged and enjoying it once again........thanks for the info......it help me to bring life back to my Playbook.
    Don
    06-30-12 10:14 PM
    The problem with charging stems from the way the internal charger has been designed. The way RIM designed their charger is it needs a small amount of battery power to run its micro-controller for the charger management. They did not design a fail-safe bypass charging circuit that is not dependent on the state of the battery, where it can put a basic required amount of start current directly to the battery to get the process going. Normally all chargeable type systems are designed with a battery fail-safe system in case the battery goes flat.

When doing the so-called stack process, you are causing a trigger affect through the circuits to give a sort of pulse to the battery before the management circuits kick in. Doing this process over and over again is eventually allowing enough charge to the battery to get the charger management working properly.

I have no idea why anyone would design a charger type circuit where if the battery goes too flat, it is almost impossible to charge it. This is a bad design as far as I am concerned.

When my first Playbook was new out of the box for some reason it was too dead to make it work. I had to mess around with the stack charge idea for a number of hours just to start. I almost returned it. I have it a year now, and as far as what it does for me I am very satisfied with it. I own a number of these tablets now. They are of very good quality except for the few bugs here and there, and also the charging issue.

If I had an engineer working for me who design a battery charge system that worked like in the Playbook, he'd be out on his bottom-side very quickly. This makes no sense at all.

--

Insane Example:

This is something like designing a great car, but if it runs completely out of gas the fuel cap will not come off to allow the user to re-fuel it. This is because the engine has to be running to remove the fuel cap. So, the user has to somehow try to put the fuel directly in to the gas lines in order to get the engine running enough to allow the fuel cap to be removed.

Comment:

I like the Blackberry phone and Playbook a lot. I am due for a phone upgrade. I find the delay of the BB10 sort of annoying. I wanted to upgrade four BB phones this year, and buy another two PB tablets. I have no idea about what I am going to do if any of the phones were to go defective. I also don't want to invest a large amount of money in to the phones with older technology, and also have the risk if BB is not around much longer to support these products!

Jerry G.

_________

Did you try the Stack charging? Here's a variety of ways folks have done it:

Locked, bricked

I was told about "stack" charging, 6 cycles of charge no charge, for 2 minutes each, charging for never more than 2 minutes.

Plug the PB in with the factory charging cable (red light comes on for a several seconds, then goes off). Wait about 10 more seconds. Unplug PB for about 30 seconds.

Repeat n times.

n == 6 for me. Finally my PB light switched to green, then began to oscillate, signalling charging. After a few more minutes my PB came back to life.

You might want to UNplug/Replug at the wall/socket end to avoid using or damaging the weaker usb port on the pb itself.

Just talked to tech support, because i'm impatient sometimes. Here is the initial process they gave me to try.

Plug in the charger for 2 mins, unplug for 10 sec -> Repeat 6 to 8 times

Then while unplugged perform the Hard reset (POWER, VOL + and - at the same time) . **When the red light comes on PLUG IN THE CHARGER**

The playbook is supposed to then start charging/boot.

--------------

Try leaving it plugged in for an hour or more.

let us know....
    DC506 likes this.
    07-17-12 10:17 AM
    @Gerry

Great explaination....thanks.

Sent from some device using some sort of app.
    07-17-12 04:58 PM
    The problem with charging stems from the way the internal charger has been designed. The way RIM designed their charger is it needs a small amount of battery power to run its micro-controller for the charger management. They did not design a fail-safe bypass charging circuit that is not dependent on the state of the battery, where it can put a basic required amount of start current directly to the battery to get the process going. Normally all chargeable type systems are designed with a battery fail-safe system in case the battery goes flat.

When doing the so-called stack process, you are causing a trigger affect through the circuits to give a sort of pulse to the battery before the management circuits kick in. Doing this process over and over again is eventually allowing enough charge to the battery to get the charger management working properly.

I have no idea why anyone would design a charger type circuit where if the battery goes too flat, it is almost impossible to charge it. This is a bad design as far as I am concerned.

When my first Playbook was new out of the box for some reason it was too dead to make it work. I had to mess around with the stack charge idea for a number of hours just to start. I almost returned it. I have it a year now, and as far as what it does for me I am very satisfied with it. I own a number of these tablets now. They are of very good quality except for the few bugs here and there, and also the charging issue.

If I had an engineer working for me who design a battery charge system that worked like in the Playbook, he'd be out on his bottom-side very quickly. This makes no sense at all.

--

Insane Example:

This is something like designing a great car, but if it runs completely out of gas the fuel cap will not come off to allow the user to re-fuel it. This is because the engine has to be running to remove the fuel cap. So, the user has to somehow try to put the fuel directly in to the gas lines in order to get the engine running enough to allow the fuel cap to be removed.

Comment:

I like the Blackberry phone and Playbook a lot. I am due for a phone upgrade. I find the delay of the BB10 sort of annoying. I wanted to upgrade four BB phones this year, and buy another two PB tablets. I have no idea about what I am going to do if any of the phones were to go defective. I also don't want to invest a large amount of money in to the phones with older technology, and also have the risk if BB is not around much longer to support these products!

Jerry G.

_________
    I'm not an engineer but I really think the "FLATLINE" behavior of the pb is really stupid. Unless there is an exceptional reason why they made it impossible, well, not impossible but ridiculously hard, I don't understand it. It should not need major Jump Starting as it does now.
    07-17-12 05:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD