Has anyone had trouble with recorded video stalling while recording? This is a recording stall as it is in the same place each time I view it, even if I skip ahead etc.
    My settings are on 1080P and Auto.
    I looked over some of my older video and there are short pauses in that too?
    Any suggestions?
    07-25-11 11:33 AM
    I have experienced lagging in recording video with the playbook as well. I'm not sure what the cause is either.
    07-25-11 12:18 PM
    I have had that happen more often on older OS version. I haven't tried the newest OS, and so I can't comment on that one. What I would do is just do a reboot and the problem goes away. I also find that it's smoother when you move down to 720p.
    07-25-11 12:26 PM
    I have the same problem.I post a thread about this.I notice this will happen if I setup the bridge.I think the bvluetooth is doing the issue.are on bridge too?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-11 01:14 PM
    When recording, my playbook will actually stop for a second (freeze frame) and then resume, video only, the sound will carry on.

For example, lets say I'm filming a car passing by...

The car will travel past then half way through, the footage will stop (live in front of me through the camera lens view) like i've taken a picture, then it'll resume and keep filming as normal.

Review the footage to find, the exact thing was filmed. Like a **** in the video.

It hasn't happened as much since the update, but it was really getting on my nerves.
    07-25-11 01:44 PM
    I had this issue on OS v1.0.6. I tried rebooting numerous times,deleting videos, disabling wifi and BT thinking that might help but nothing worked. I had to do a full wipe and reinstall to get it to work properly.
    07-25-11 02:16 PM
    well I hate to do a wipe and install but if I must. It is hard to live with such sweet video when it hangs for a second during playback.
    I concur, you can see the frozen image while you are recording and of course on the playback.
    07-25-11 05:04 PM
    when i first got my playbook i was recording 720p fine, after the last update i tryed doing 1080p, 720p it would crash after 40sec, so i had to record in 480 and it worked Rim please fix this quick! I dont like recording my girl on girl action in any thing under 720p!
    07-25-11 06:46 PM
    Another one here. Always done it, since 1.0.3, right up to and including 1.0.7. I use only 720P, and it does it pretty often with that, and earlier did it on some 1080P videos too.

It usually pauses first around 0:10 or 0:13, then again at least once later, like at 1:13, and possibly beyond that though often by then I'm not paying as close attention.

It is not correlated to anything else that I can see, and I don't have a BB phone so it's definitely not related to Bridge and Bluetooth.

Definitely an annoyance. Without this, I'd consider the PlayBook pretty much a perfect video tool (obviously not pro quality, but exceptional for a general-purpose device).
    07-25-11 09:01 PM
    and this issue still continues, even after an year and after RIM pushing an OS upgrade out (2.1)... i got my PB upgraded with few side loaded apps, FB giving permission to use camera and so ...

i noticed this problem occurs only when i record using 720p and above and NOT with 480p which is kinda strange, so i think this has got something to do with the OS upgrade...

hope someone from RIM would take note of this and do something to fix this.

When recording, my playbook will actually stop for a second (freeze frame) and then resume, video only, the sound will carry on.

For example, lets say I'm filming a car passing by...

The car will travel past then half way through, the footage will stop (live in front of me through the camera lens view) like i've taken a picture, then it'll resume and keep filming as normal.

Review the footage to find, the exact thing was filmed. Like a **** in the video.

It hasn't happened as much since the update, but it was really getting on my nerves.
    11-07-12 05:08 AM
    I had a camera error on mine and RIM sent me a new playbook. No video lag when I first started using it but now, 1 month later - the lag returns. It really sucks being that the video is excellent on PB but every video has the lag which just compromises the whole experience - work it out RIM
    FF22 likes this.
    11-07-12 07:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD