Talked to two different guys at two different Source stores and both said that all remaining Playbooks were recalled, supposedly new playbook is coming out? Anyone have any ideas? Can not find a playbook in any store, all are gone?
    02-21-13 09:01 PM
    I got a very nice Nikon D3200 for Christmas and with it a nice WU-1a Wireless mobile adapter. Well the adapter only works with IOS and or Android, not a PC or a Blackberry device. Kind of pis#es me off. Can the droid app be converted over to work on the Blackberry Playbook? That would be just awesome! Anyone else run into this? Thanks in advance.
    02-21-13 09:05 PM
    This is nearly 2 year old hardware. It's days are numbered whether or not PlayBook is coming
    02-21-13 09:05 PM
    Talked to two different guys at two different Source stores and both said that all remaining Playbooks were recalled, supposedly new playbook is coming out? Anyone have any ideas? Can not find a playbook in any store, all are gone?
    It does not really make sense to recall product already out the door and in the hands of retailers. If, in fact, BlackBerry was planning to relaunch a tablet with the BB10 OS and in more than one form factor and one of them being a budget variety smaller tablet re-badged maybe as BlackForest Jr., then it might make sense to stop distributing remaining PlayBook stock. Recalling sock for such a purpose would not make much sense given the costs involved unless a much higher price point that might be achieved would compensate for costs of a recall.

I think all my speculation is a bit of a stretch though. More likely, the last of the PlayBooks have been distributed and sold and we _might_ be looking at new tablet products coming out some time in the third fiscal quarter if BlackBerry finds a way to make money at it.
    gdg521 likes this.
    02-21-13 09:25 PM
    I was told the same by best buy reps..... but most reps ive found over the years really dont know what they are talking about.
    02-21-13 09:27 PM
    i called playbook support yesterday. they said that the playbook is still being sold by them and they are supporting it. i got the impression that they may be re-tooling for a playbook version of BB10. they did say an update is coming soon.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    02-21-13 09:57 PM
    The Best Buy in California has told me for the last year the PlayBook has been recalled. They haven't been right yet... I wouldn't hold my breath.
    samsung10 and JeepBB like this.
    02-21-13 10:25 PM
    A Best Buy mobile employee also told me that BlackBerry was dead. He'd never heard of BB10. So much for experts! Maybe they are like Sprint with certain product quotas, making everything else less desirable to sell. The other, less cynical, possibility is that the Central warehouse recalled remaining product from the local stores to keep the online ordering stocked. Some Best Buy products are only available online.
    02-21-13 10:48 PM
    Best Buy has been dropped by BB as an authorized retailer for many months now. Maybe Best Buy's central distributor/warehouse called stock back from some stores where stock was not moving in order to redistribute it to stores able to sell that stock.
    02-22-13 07:11 AM
    There is NO RECALL, god people have to stop BSing.

The only thing i Know for a FACT is the WIFI only version is not to be made anymore as for the 4G LTE version which was a released product Aug 2012 will continue to me made.

Also no doubt a new playbook will be out at some point maybe even late this year before chirstmas or early next year.
    02-22-13 08:32 AM
    How many do you want? there's SQUILLIONS here
    02-22-13 08:34 AM
    It does not really make sense to recall product already out the door and in the hands of retailers.
    It does if there's a stock issue and BlackBerry doesn't want to build more for retail to sell at a loss. Remember - retailers tend to order for their full chain or specific parts of their chain. If PlayBook is sold out in 80% of the SOURCE and BlackBerry doesn't have more to replentish and doesn't want to build more, they make take those back to clear the space and get it out of the source's planogram.

.More likely, the last of the PlayBooks have been distributed and sold
    There are two models of PlayBook - 1.0 GHZ WiFi (sold at retail), and 1.5 GHZ LTE (sold through carrier channels only).
    02-22-13 08:37 AM
    Best Buy has been dropped by BB as an authorized retailer for many months now. Maybe Best Buy's central distributor/warehouse called stock back from some stores where stock was not moving in order to redistribute it to stores able to sell that stock.
    If that were true, how come I saw Z10's there yesterday, along with Z10 accessories ...
    02-22-13 08:38 AM
    Still for sale in the shops (PC-World and Currys) here in UK, cheap-as-chips though!!
    02-22-13 08:39 AM
    If that were true, how come I saw Z10's there yesterday, along with Z10 accessories ...
    Kind of makes my point, doesn't it? (about redistributing to stores that can sell the product)

You only have to look at BB's website for a list of authorized retailers. Best Buy is not on that list. Doesn't mean Best Buy can't clear out existing stock. Only means they won't get any more from BB.
    02-24-13 08:04 PM
    It's possible. By now the battery would have discharged on the shelf to be unable to take an initial charge.
    02-24-13 09:25 PM
    As ChrisMay said, they're still to be found aplenty in the UK, though my local PC World and Curries have put the price back up by �20 since Christmas.
    02-25-13 09:48 AM
    Kind of makes my point, doesn't it? (about redistributing to stores that can sell the product)

You only have to look at BB's website for a list of authorized retailers. Best Buy is not on that list. Doesn't mean Best Buy can't clear out existing stock. Only means they won't get any more from BB.
    I tried Blackberry's website and clicked on Playbook - Retailers to get the following list:
    BestBuy - link went to a Blackberry Z10 page. Did manage to navigate to a Playbook page, 32GB for $249...
    Cincinnati Bell - error message about a bad webpage link
    Office Depot - link led to a message about zero results found
    Radioshack - link led to 0 items found
    Sprint - link led to an accessories page with no results
    Staples - out of stock message
    ShopBlackberry.com - dead link

Doesn't look like Blackberry want to sell anymore Playbooks!
    02-25-13 11:21 AM
    A product recall would means a newly launch product being taken back by the manufacturer usually for the reason of some defect being found. Though one can argue about the playbook when it was first launch. The product would not have been on the shelves for two years to sell. It's most likely, it's no longer in production. What ever inventory of the wi-fi version still available in scatter retail stores around the world and manufacturer in very limited quantities. No one knows what BlackBerry future plan is for the tablet market. Any relaunch, new or larger tablets are pure speculation. Until the BB10 yield some very positive results, even if there are big plans for playbook future still not a guarantee.
    02-25-13 11:43 AM
    i was picking buying a new charger yesterday and the sales guy said he knows that a new playbook 7" and 10" will be released late spring to replace the current one. Blackberry said that they will release 6 devices this year. Z10, Q10, 2 new playbooks and 2 surprises i guess.. he said he has seen them. how i don't know..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    03-14-13 04:30 PM
    One can guess the sale or return order (not a recall) was what flooded UK and Europe with cheap PB's. Thankyou United States Union of America for not buying PB's
    03-14-13 05:02 PM