I am having a hard time finding a unit that will sit flat on the table (and not wobble when typing) and one with a good LCD with no dead pixels.

I've already purchased a 16GB from Best Buy that had several dead pixels in the upper right of the LCD and a bulge in the back causing it to wobble when using on a flat surface.

I took it back to BB and they had 2 PB's that someone returned and were open box. We checked them both and they both had dead pixels and a bulged back. They had no more in stock so they couldn't exchange.

I tried a second BB store, they didn't have stock, however an employee had one. His also had a bulge and would not sit flat. He knew about it and thought it was weird but he said he got it "seriously discounted" so he didn't care.

Best Buy ordered me one for delivery from their website and I'm hoping a different production run won't have the same problem. I know its possible to get a no bulge unit as a friend has one. I'm starting to think no bulge is the exception, not the standard.

Comments?
    03-08-12 06:26 PM
    I've purchased eleven Playbooks for friends and family in the last year or so. I like setting them up for people with Bluebox, VideoChat, and a few family pictures and videos.

I've never seen either of the issues your describing but the good news is that you can exchange them. I certainly don't believe this is the norm.

People that buy the PB are going to love it. The specs are still super competitive, the tablet is awesome and there are apps rolling in everyday. Add the 199 price and they rock.

Good luck with the next one. If they don't get you a good one, you can always order directly from BlackBerry.
    03-08-12 06:35 PM
    I am having a hard time finding a unit that will sit flat on the table (and not wobble when typing) and one with a good LCD with no dead pixels.

I've already purchased a 16GB from Best Buy that had several dead pixels in the upper right of the LCD and a bulge in the back causing it to wobble when using on a flat surface.

I took it back to BB and they had 2 PB's that someone returned and were open box. We checked them both and they both had dead pixels and a bulged back. They had no more in stock so they couldn't exchange.

I tried a second BB store, they didn't have stock, however an employee had one. His also had a bulge and would not sit flat. He knew about it and thought it was weird but he said he got it "seriously discounted" so he didn't care.

Best Buy ordered me one for delivery from their website and I'm hoping a different production run won't have the same problem. I know its possible to get a no bulge unit as a friend has one. I'm starting to think no bulge is the exception, not the standard.

Comments?
    The Blackberry Playbook does have a limited warranty if you wanna give that a shot. I did. I had one dead pixel and a couple of stuck pixels that would come and go. I called the Blackberry Playbook support 1-877-644-8410 and after was upgraded to the RMA dept. They give you a couple of options and I chose the Advanced Playbook option or something like that. Basically they sent a Playbook to me via Fed ex with a return box/label for the faulty one. After they check out the one I sent I can either choose to have it back fixed or keep the one they sent. I barely sent the faulty one out today so that's as far as I've gotten with the system. Good luck.
    03-08-12 06:43 PM
    Weren't these initial release issues? I am thinking that some Best Buy locations have some VERY old stock.

All I know is that ALL of the Playbooks I have purchased (three thus far) are perfect. No dead pixels, no bulges, no recessed power button. They were all purchased from shop.blackberry.com.
    03-08-12 06:50 PM
    These are known issues. A significant proportion of people (30% with defective pixels according to a poll and about 40% with the bulge) have reported the bulge and defective pixels. At least on this forum.

Simply return/exchange your Playbook.
    03-08-12 07:06 PM
    Weren't these initial release issues? I am thinking that some Best Buy locations have some VERY old stock.
    Actually, my experience is quite the opposite. My 16GB was manufactured nearly a year ago and has a much less noticeable bulge than the 64GB my friend recently purchased---which was just built in January.
    03-08-12 07:21 PM

All I know is that ALL of the Playbooks I have purchased (three thus far) are perfect. No dead pixels, no bulges, no recessed power button. They were all purchased from shop.blackberry.com.
    Best Buy does not have old stock. The one I bought had a date of Feb 2012 on the box decal. The charger had a manufactured date of Dec. 2011.
    03-08-12 09:58 PM
    I'm on my second. The first had a broken right speaker. This one seems fine.
    03-08-12 10:30 PM
    My 2 64gb have no issues as op said.
    03-08-12 10:45 PM
    My 2 64gb have no issues as op said.
    Not everybody has the issue. Majority don't. See here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-pixel-657440/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-607053/
    03-08-12 10:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD