Just flipping through the tv and the pb is the deal of the day on the shopping channel in Canada. There is a RIM employee pushing it. 32 giger, soft shell case, zip sleeve, HTMI cable for 288.33.

Is it just me or does this drop the face value of the pb. They are talking about Orlando and BB10 updates, seems to be filmed today or is live.

Link
    Last edited by pinkert11; 05-09-12 at 09:24 PM.
    mcmolineux and mdmullis like this.
    05-09-12 09:07 PM
    Anything that gets more Playbooks out there is fine by me.

Is there anywhere you can see how many have been sold, like they put on TV?

Edit: Nevermind, I found the "Watch It Live" button. 24 sold as of now. Pretty good demo being given too, showing Zinio, etc.
    Last edited by mcmolineux; 05-09-12 at 09:18 PM.
    05-09-12 09:15 PM
    I have been watching since 10, and you know what it is a pretty good presentation of the playbook. Ian is doing a good job. In 18 minutes they have sold 25 units. That is pretty good I think. They are really showing off the true multi-tasking abilities.
    carlyincanada likes this.
    05-09-12 09:19 PM
    92 sold in 50 minutes. I never watch this channel though so I have no idea if that is good or not. How does that compare to other ~$250 electronics products they've had on?
    05-09-12 09:52 PM
    thats actually pretty cool

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-09-12 10:33 PM
    Yeah more awareness about the playbook is definitely welcome. It has evolved into a great product yet theres many who have written it off due to all that bad PR
    05-10-12 01:14 AM
    Just flipping through the tv and the pb is the deal of the day on the shopping channel in Canada. There is a RIM employee pushing it. 32 giger, soft shell case, zip sleeve, HTMI cable for 288.33.

Is it just me or does this drop the face value of the pb. They are talking about Orlando and BB10 updates, seems to be filmed today or is live.

Link
    I bought a similar deal from TSC!!!

mine was 64GB PB, Convertible Case, CHARGING DOCK, HDMI Cable... for $30 over the price of JUST the PLAYBOOK!

EDIT: mine also said it would come with the soft shell and zipper case (which would have been probably the best tech deal of all time), but it didnt and when I called them to complain they said they would 'exchange' it but that all the bundles were the same and that it was an error... even though I have emails by two different people confirming that it would come with everything I posted above PLUS the zip/soft cases. But for the price, I wasnt going to complain. The Dock alone is worth $30 AT LEAST
    Last edited by FSeverino; 05-10-12 at 01:47 AM.
    05-10-12 01:43 AM
    Saw it earlier and it's on again now and later today.
    05-10-12 01:50 AM
    Only in Canada?? ahh.. can someone record the show and upload it?
    05-10-12 02:00 AM
    Only in Canada?? ahh.. can someone record the show and upload it?
    THE NORTH RULES (assuming that is a GoT Stark and not an Iron Man Stark reference...)!
    05-10-12 02:07 AM
    Stark, if you click the link in the op there is a watch live link at the top of the page.
    05-10-12 11:16 AM
    Seeing all the toot those channels sell I hope it is the deal of the day.

Does it devalue the PB?......I'd rather see the PB in Harrod's than on shopping tv.
    05-10-12 11:44 AM
    the guide shows it to be on again at 2pm I assume eastern time
    05-10-12 12:56 PM
    Seeing all the toot those channels sell I hope it is the deal of the day.

Does it devalue the PB?......I'd rather see the PB in Harrod's than on shopping tv.
    Yes, but what if the option was shopping TV or nothing? I'd take shopping TV.

It's back on again right now (9:36 ET). They've now sold 883.

Edit: It went off at 10:00 ET having sold 1088.
    Last edited by mcmolineux; 05-10-12 at 08:59 PM.
    05-10-12 08:36 PM
    Yes, but what if the option was shopping TV or nothing? I'd take shopping TV.

It's back on again right now (9:36 ET). They've now sold 883.

Edit: It went off at 10:00 ET having sold 1088.
    how would it devalue the PB? it is opening up the PB to an entirely new marketbase, it is also showing a GREAT deal for people interested in the PB but just waiting for deals.
    05-10-12 11:45 PM
    Last going off they sold over 1000.
    05-11-12 05:44 AM
    EDIT: mine also said it would come with the soft shell and zipper case (which would have been probably the best tech deal of all time), but it didnt and when I called them to complain they said they would 'exchange' it but that all the bundles were the same and that it was an error... even though I have emails by two different people confirming that it would come with everything I posted above PLUS the zip/soft cases. But for the price, I wasnt going to complain.
    Except you already complained thereby nullifying your "not going to complain" claim. Hopefully, you are enjoying your BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB and accessories.
    05-11-12 05:52 AM
    Last going off they sold over 1000.
    Selling 1000 units of most electronic product is no small feat on The Shopping Channel. Maybe the tide is turning in favour of this fine tablet and people are not mistakenly thinking they are buying an Android-running tablet.
    05-11-12 05:55 AM
    Selling 1000 units of most electronic product is no small feat on The Shopping Channel. Maybe the tide is turning in favour of this fine tablet and people are not mistakenly thinking they are buying an Android-running tablet.
    I think a lot of credit should go to Ian from RIM who was on the show. He gave a great demo of the product, showing all of things that the Playbook can do.
    05-11-12 09:18 PM
    I think a lot of credit should go to Ian from RIM who was on the show. He gave a great demo of the product, showing all of things that the Playbook can do.
    A presenter who understands the product is definitely an integral part of the marketing of any product especially something as awesome as the BlackBerry PlayBook. BlackBerry Bridge is an example of an understated feature which needs to be highlighted as a key differentiator between the BlackBerry PlayBook and tablets from other manufacturers.
    05-11-12 09:25 PM
    A presenter who understands the product is definitely an integral part of the marketing of any product especially something as awesome as the BlackBerry PlayBook. BlackBerry Bridge is an example of an understated feature which needs to be highlighted as a key differentiator between the BlackBerry PlayBook and tablets from other manufacturers.
    Yeah, no joke. The Best Buy guy isn't going to show you how to use it. They are too busy shooting the BS to know how to demo one.

I've posted here several times where they told the same customer they had a bad screen because it had a red glow in the corner and they would've gave her a 3rd if we had not told her why it was there.
    05-11-12 10:18 PM
    Except you already complained thereby nullifying your "not going to complain" claim. Hopefully, you are enjoying your BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB and accessories.
    ummm, i meant that i wouldnt complain to the shopping channel...
    05-11-12 10:53 PM
    I think this is a good chance to demo the product and agree that it opens the Playbook up to a very wide audience. I do not think that it devalues the Playbook in anyway as we recently bought a Keurig coffee machine off of one such TV show and is was a bargain for the bundled extras. That's how these shows work - bundled accessories.
    05-11-12 11:39 PM
    Wow that's kinda cool. I don't watch the shopping channel so I have no idea if over 1000 products sold of anything is good, but I didn't know that many people even watched the shopping channel. Sounds like the guy from RIM did a great job showing what the PB can do.
    05-12-12 12:44 AM
    Does anyone know when they gonna show that again so that I can watch it live at their website?
    05-12-12 01:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD