Problem number one.
    The messages application does NOT sync properly. It was 1:10 pm and I suddenly received 3 emails but the received time was 11:51...I have "push" on, shouldn't that mean I should receive them immediately? Also, when I refresh the emails by myself, pulling down then releasing, it does not update my new emails. Very frustrating.

Problem number two.
    The browser... I come to crackberry.com quite often, but every time I go to the homepage of CrackBerry, among other websites, the skinny blue bar loads about 90 percent but then stops, so all I see are a few things on the pages. It's like it is getting stuck while trying to load because the blue bar never completes the full length.

I really hope someone can help me!
    Thanks
    03-27-12 12:07 PM
    Can you check if your first problem is not related to wifi issue?

For the second one, is the browser the only application open? If you're running other applications at the same time, try closing them first. I find that some of main apps take up a lot of memory (message, browser, android player, etc) and funny things happen when PB is out of memory.
    03-27-12 12:12 PM
    I agree with what conix67 said. I find that if I run Android apps, the problem gets worse. Use the Android Kill app (side loaded) to get rid of running Android processes to free up memory as well. If that doesn't work, a reboot usually fixes things.
    03-27-12 12:15 PM
    Well I don't have any android apps. I just tried a reboot and now have no other apps open but the problem is still occurring. Here is what it looks like...probably won't help but just so you have a visual reference.
    03-27-12 12:26 PM
    Try clearing the cache and local storage in the browser settings under "privacy and security".
    03-27-12 12:32 PM
    Crackberry is one of the worst sites for loading pages. Using firefox on my core i7 lappy and sometimes the refresh arrow spins and spins before it stops and the page is fully loaded. Most of the time when that happens in just hit x to stop the loading and refresh.
    Hgouck likes this.
    03-27-12 12:43 PM
    At the bottom of the page (when it does load), try changing the theme to "Operation Crackberry Mobile 2011". It is a trimmed down version of the page which may load better for you.
    03-27-12 12:56 PM
    Try turning off Java Script in the browser settings. The end of the page load cycle for this site (and many other sites) has a lot of backend add / data sites that it connects to. I usually just leave Java script disabled unless visiting sites that require it for navigation, pages load much faster.
    03-27-12 01:21 PM
    Getting back to problem no 1. Try rebooting. Tap the battery icon, tap restart. Wait for the reboot and check your mail again. If it is still a problem, delete your mail profile and reinstall it. You should not lose anything doing this.
    03-27-12 01:31 PM
    Problem number one.
    The messages application does NOT sync properly. It was 1:10 pm and I suddenly received 3 emails but the received time was 11:51...I have "push" on, shouldn't that mean I should receive them immediately? Also, when I refresh the emails by myself, pulling down then releasing, it does not update my new emails. Very frustrating.

Problem number two.
    The browser... I come to crackberry.com quite often, but every time I go to the homepage of CrackBerry, among other websites, the skinny blue bar loads about 90 percent but then stops, so all I see are a few things on the pages. It's like it is getting stuck while trying to load because the blue bar never completes the full length.

I really hope someone can help me!
    Thanks

My answer to question 1:

Push e-mail has to be supported on both ends in order for it to work. Check your settings on the PlayBook e-mail accounts and you will see that it says "use push if supported". My AOL (Immediate push) supports push and my company doesn't so those e-mails are delayed when received on PB/BB/MS Outlook).

Answer to Question 2:

Many factors come into play here and no single one will be the bottleneck at all times. It can be a combination of web-site content (flash, pictures and etc), fluctuations in internet connection , traffic on site (people accessing the site at once)among other things. I have a 50 down/ 8 up connection at home and at times I feel as if I am on 8 down / 1 up. It is just the way the internet works! Hope this helps...
    Last edited by Abrante; 03-27-12 at 03:54 PM.
    Yoox_II likes this.
    03-27-12 03:17 PM
    I have the same problem with messages. I don't worry so much about getting them instantly, but having to wait for them to refresh is particularly annoying.
    03-27-12 03:54 PM
    Thanks everybody. Disabling java script helps with the browser problem which is good but also inconvenient. But it works!
    03-27-12 04:22 PM
    I'll muddy the waters. I have java enabled and visit Crackberry a few times a day. Sometimes it hangs like you say but if I reload the site by re-tapping the bookmark it pops up quickly.

Maybe try going to Crackberry from a different router and see how it works from there. You may have to tweak a few settings.
    03-27-12 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD