So, I decided yesterday in all my genius to take a 2 and a half hour bus journey to a coastal city when there was a bigger city just 30 minutes away, just to try the PlayBook (well, and get further accustomed to said coastal city), and went into a Carphone Warehouse.

Tried to power up the demo unit (btw, flush power button), had a bit of trouble. Put it down to the power button but asked a staff member. Turns out the charger was screwed. Not a good start...

Managed to find a second Carphone Warehouse, and again, tried the demo unit. No luck, wouldn't power on either. Started to get cheesed off at this point. Was told to go to an O2-UK store, as it was supposedly an O2-UK/CPW exclusive.

So, got into the O2 Store, and was quickly told they're not even selling it. Which made sense, when I was told to go to the O2 store, I was confused. "What use would a carrier have for a WiFi-only tab?" were my thoughts.

Finally decided to go into Phones4U, and saw the demo unit. She talked me through various aspects. There was one major bug. Tetris would cause the unit to go dodgy, and require a full-scale reboot. But the unit was so flawless otherwise, and was really smooth. A flick by my standards often dragged my finger off the screen, hence it didn't understand the request fully. Happens on my smartphone too.

But, I like the device, and am mightily impressed with it. Moreso than the Xoom, and other Android tabs I've played with, and will be buying one, provided it meets one last criteria.

The criteria leads me nicely into a question: Does the PlayBook support Core MIDI (like the iPad 2), or are there plans to officially support it in the future?
    06-22-11 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD