I'm laying in bed, where I have no WIFI whitnessing history as NASA lands the latest rover on mars.

I'm streaming full screen video live from the control room via BlackBerry Bridge.

That makes me so giddy for so many reasons!

Hehe. That is all.

PB FTW!
    08-06-12 12:19 AM
    Thats we call The Power Of BlackBerry Bridge+Playbook !
    08-06-12 12:20 AM
    I watched it on my PB too.
    08-06-12 12:47 AM
    Thats we call The Power Of BlackBerry Bridge+Playbook !
    BlackBerry Bridge is an example of one thing Research In Motion did exceptionally well in regards to the BlackBerry smartphone and tablet marriage.
    Hgouck likes this.
    08-06-12 12:48 AM
    One small step for BlackBerry one giant leap for being Bold.
    08-06-12 05:05 AM
    A bed without wifi is like a ...... :-)
    08-07-12 05:45 AM
    While I agree that Bridge is awesome, getting internet through it isn't anything special.

About every smartphone can tether, and many of them can be a wifi hotspot, which is faster than bridge.

All the other Bridge apps is why I think it's awesome...
    08-07-12 09:41 AM
    While I agree that Bridge is awesome, getting internet through it isn't anything special.

About every smartphone can tether, and many of them can be a wifi hotspot, which is faster than bridge.

Free makes it special for me.
    FF22, KOOLWATER, todbanner and 1 others like this.
    08-07-12 09:48 AM
    It's included with many plans nowadays, even greedy Verizon doesn't charge for tethering or hotspot with their new plans.
    08-07-12 09:52 AM
    It's included with many plans nowadays, even greedy Verizon doesn't charge for tethering or hotspot with their new plans.
    But what does their new plans cost and for how much?
    08-07-12 09:56 AM
    Don't you have to give up UNlimited data to get one of those plans? I THINK Verizon will give me more minutes of phone time when I barely use 10 or 20 minutes per month and take away my UNlimited data. I think I will stick with my approx $60/month calling/data plan.
    Last edited by F2; 08-07-12 at 10:12 AM.
    08-07-12 10:10 AM
    But what does their new plans cost and for how much?
    It's different for everyone. It all depends on how much data you're looking for and how many, and what kinds of phones you have on your account.

Go read through the Verizon thread about their new plans. Some people were able to save quite a bit of money with the new plans.
    08-07-12 10:11 AM
    On AT&T it would cost quite a bit more to tether and I would lose my unlimited data. I pay $30 a month for data now which I think is too much. Not interested in going to $50.
    I have checked Verizon new plans but overall my monthly bill would jump up $30-$40.
    08-07-12 11:45 AM
    Humm so it's share everything at a price huh? How does that save anyone anything? For the gb per month I have now with my carrier is almost twice as much plus they want another $50 per tab or phone added on top? Might as well pay the tether or hotspot fee.
    08-07-12 11:52 AM
    On AT&T it would cost quite a bit more to tether and I would lose my unlimited data. I pay $30 a month for data now which I think is too much. Not interested in going to $50.
    I have checked Verizon new plans but overall my monthly bill would jump up $30-$40.

My monthly plan would be nearly 30% HIGHER on the share plans for either AT&T or Verizon, its insane that people think this will be a good deal for everyone (or even many).
    Hgouck and grover5 like this.
    08-07-12 11:55 AM
    No charges for Bridging on my existing 3G unlimited plan. BB rules! Data usage 20-50GB pm. iPhone and Android are max capped at 10GB pm at similar charges.
    Last edited by varunsain; 08-07-12 at 12:04 PM.
    08-07-12 11:56 AM
    My monthly plan would be nearly 30% HIGHER on the share plans for either AT&T or Verizon, its insane that people think this will be a good deal for everyone (or even many).
    Agree, I to would see an increase in my bill If I go with AT&T new share plan. I have a family plan with 4 phones total. Three BB 1 Android

$60.00 Family plan Roll over minutes. (Old Cingular plan)
    $30.00 Unlimited text
    $15.00 X 4 200MB data plan
    $9.99 X 3 per line

Total bill with all the Dam taxes
    $195.00

New share plane would have my bill at over $230.00, Yea I get more Data at 1GB but none of us are going over the 200MB per month.
    08-07-12 01:01 PM
    Bridge is definitely innovative, and it's unique in the way it is free. You cannot compare that to a tether or hotspot. PLUS all the other functions bridge comes with, it's a no brainer! Battery life is good too. While data speeds are SLIGHTLY slower, my risk assessment tells me it's not a bad thing.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using CrackBerry Forums App/Tapatalk
    08-07-12 01:07 PM

So true. With my 4G Razr, I can tether my Playbook, my Toshiba Thrive, my IPad, and my Asus Infinity all at the same time at 5-8Mbps...and still utilize all of the Razr smartphone features. Verizon's 4G LTE rocks.
    08-07-12 01:42 PM
    I absolutely agree that the all thebridge features rock. When bridged txt lands it will be complete. However, like chaddface, the free part is what makes it win for me.

I'm on att. With a non carrier 7.1 I can do wifi teathering, but the plan is a further $30 or $40 a month.

Money is would rather keep.

PB + bb + bridge FTW
    Chaddface likes this.
    08-07-12 04:50 PM
    So say for, etc here in the UK I am currently with orange and at the moment I have about 500mb of Internet usage so what people are saying is that if I use blackberry bridge and tether Internet from my BlackBerry phone to my PlayBook. It won't use my Internet usage??
    08-07-12 05:52 PM
    So say for, etc here in the UK I am currently with orange and at the moment I have about 500mb of Internet usage so what people are saying is that if I use blackberry bridge and tether Internet from my BlackBerry phone to my PlayBook. It won't use my Internet usage??
    It WILL use your data. It just doesn't cost extra to use it on the pb which sounds like most of the UK doesn't charge extra to tether anyway? On that part?
    08-07-12 06:38 PM
    Somehow any talk on Bridge leads to indefinite comparison of Tethering.

While Tethering can provide you with shared Internet access, the usage is limited to just that.. The OP could have been connected HDMI-out and extended Bridge functions by sharing Internet (no-extra charge, unlike Tether) and used Bridge Remote feature along side. In the same breath, had parallel access to E-mail, Calendar and BBM.

Tethering comes as third best option.
    1.) BlackBerry Bridge
    2.) PlayBook 4G
    3.) Tethered Internet
    FF22 likes this.
    08-08-12 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD