View Poll Results: How has the owning PB addressed your expectations of it?

Voters
290. You may not vote on this poll
  • The PB has exceeded my expectations.

63 21.72%
  • The PB has met my expectations.

158 54.48%
  • The PB has failed to meet my expectations.

61 21.03%
  • The PB will never meet my expectations.

1 0.34%
  • I had no expectations concerning the form and function of the Playbook.

7 2.41%
    I voted, and I'm not surprised with the results in this poll or the other. The vast majority of owners are happy with their Playbooks, and it's a small vocal minority of haters that spew the negativity. When the 2.0 update comes out, there will be even more to love about the Playbook. The problem is that there is no real tablet market. There is only an ipad market at the moment. For most, having a tablet computer is a luxury.
    Last edited by Jake2826; 09-20-11 at 04:29 PM.
    09-20-11 04:23 PM
    Wow! Expectations exceeded or met for about 75% for a device released in 2011 and marketed as "The First Professional-Grade tablet" with no spell check. Talk about low expectations...
    09-20-11 04:37 PM
    Voted - I really didn't go into this with any real expectations. The only tablet I saw/touched previously was an iPad, and I was not impressed. Sure it's sleek, hip, trendy or flashy, but for the most part, I still think a tablet is just an overgrown smart phone. For Apple an overgrown iPod. Big deal, whatever form factor package works for you. Install the right app, use a bluetooth ear piece, and I'm sure a tablet can be used as a phone as well.

Overall I like the device, with some disappointments. There are plenty of surprises that I was not expecting, (how often I would use it) and some disappointments as well, (finicky running apps)

Overall I bought it because it was Blackberry, and outside of a two week test run of the Thunderbolt, I have been Blackberry faithful since day one of Blackberry ownership. The Playbook was just a matter of sit tight and wait. It hasn't replaced my laptop, but I definitely use it less. The more I get used to the OS, the better and better the device works for me.
    I'm glad that you used that choice although I was worried I hadn't worded it correctly. It is necessary to have a neutral, non-commital choice for folks like you, or someone who was gifted one or given one through work. Thank you for participating.
    09-20-11 04:52 PM
    Wow! Expectations exceeded or met for about 75% for a device released in 2011 and marketed as "The First Professional-Grade tablet" with no spell check. Talk about low expectations...
    It's called being objective as opposed to looking for the slightest flaw. Besides, it has spell check, Any misspelled words get underlined in RED. Maybe yours is broken?
    09-20-11 05:21 PM
    Knock it off! Seriously.........

Debate the device itself and functions. But stop it with the personal attacks. Leave it at the front door.
    tstrike34 likes this.
    09-20-11 06:12 PM
    TWENTY PERCENT are not quite as happy as some others. That's not exactly a great number. But we shall see if rim can actually do something about that in the next, well, say SIX MONTHS!!!!!
    A large majority are satisfied with their PBs. The polls have been consistant.
    09-20-11 06:56 PM
    The Play Book has really let me down, it is billed as an "enterprise class" tablet, but is nothing more than a toy for surfing the internet.
    No exchange support
    No BES support
    No VPN
    No Apps
    No exchange support Works great with Outlook Web Access. I like it much better than the iPad email interface which is much like Gmail Mobile
    No BES support Bridge gives me access to all of my BES related stuff. (plus 3G connectivity)
    No VPN What? Options -> Security -> VPN
    No Apps Depends on what your enterprise is...The Citrix app that just came out was the one I need.

It doesn't have to only be used as a toy...
    09-20-11 10:58 PM
    I love my Playbook. I umed & arhhed about getting one for ages as I didn't know if I needed another device between my phone & laptop but I use it all the time. I'm certainly looking forward to what they have in the pipeline for it but for now I'm more then satisfied.
    09-20-11 11:44 PM
    Nice to have all the happy newbies and new owners coming in lately instead of other device fans who sign up to just tell us that we shouldn't be loving our Playbooks, and that we are misguided. Welcome sir, and thanks for letting us know. The tide has turned.
    09-21-11 11:15 AM
    Homescreen = swipe from bottom? At worst swipe from bottom and maximize app icon area?
    Homescreen "button" so generic and boring...."click"! ok I'm home - now what? Sit on the couch with the remote I guess...
    just my humble opinon.
    She didn't say anything about a homescreen "button" or homescreen "swipe." In fact, she even said that her problems could mostly be fixed with software, which would seem to rule out additional buttons.

Let me guess. . . those buttons on your bold are the non-generic, non-boring kind, right? Hypocrisy is just sad.
    09-21-11 11:30 AM
    I'm beginning to think that even this OS2 will improve the PlayBook greatly, there will always be haters... and at the same, even this OS2 will be another disappointment, there will always be blind followers... I guess, they're called extremists...

I just really hope that this OS2 will greatly improve the PlayBook and not another big disappointment... I don't want to be branded as "haters"...
    09-21-11 12:46 PM
    I just recently received an e mail from blackberry, requesting that I do an online "opinion poll survey" for the PlayBook....which I did..and it took a while too...at least 30min...but it was pretty thorough.....
    09-21-11 09:41 PM
    I just recently received an e mail from blackberry, requesting that I do an online "opinion poll survey" for the PlayBook....which I did..and it took a while too...at least 30min...but it was pretty thorough.....
    Post this info on a new thread, please. Looks like RIM is hanging tough.
    09-21-11 10:41 PM
    I'm beginning to think that even this OS2 will improve the PlayBook greatly, there will always be haters... and at the same, even this OS2 will be another disappointment, there will always be blind followers... I guess, they're called extremists...
    Blind followers? extremists? What an extreme thing to say.
    I view them simply as people who know what they want and need, did their research and bought a product to suit.

Why do some people have so much difficulty with that concept and have to brand it as a psychological disorder, lol and as they say, what's it to them?
    09-22-11 11:59 AM
    She didn't say anything about a homescreen "button" or homescreen "swipe." In fact, she even said that her problems could mostly be fixed with software, which would seem to rule out additional buttons.

Let me guess. . . those buttons on your bold are the non-generic, non-boring kind, right? Hypocrisy is just sad.
    Umm I didn't mean physical button, I was talking about the architecture of the UI, but ...
    09-22-11 12:02 PM
    It would be so cool to bt your BB keyboard to the PB. You could have the best buttons in the biz and the best no buttons in the biz. You'd have the choice of of three keyboard layouts and 4 if you count one finger BB typing.
    09-22-11 12:07 PM
    It would be so cool to bt your BB keyboard to the PB. You could have the best buttons in the biz and the best no buttons in the biz. You'd have the choice of of three keyboard layouts and 4 if you count one finger BB typing.
    This is a no brainer - the first thing I expected when I heard about Playbook.
    It simply HAS to happen someday. There certainly are no physical limitations.

This is why I have been stalling on buying a Bluetooth keyboard.
    Just the feature of being able to use your phone keyboard would bump OS 2.0 enough to send this thing to outerspace.
    at the some time, info from the PB couild be displayed on your phone while you are navigating the PB with it - it would be like a remote control for your Playbook with a local display. Think of it - watch a movie on the HDMI out and your more portable phone can be used as a remote - you are still wireless, after wiring your playbook to the display. Great for presentations too.

And you could use the trackpad to place the cursor on the Playbook.
    I mean try to get THAT feature on your "other" tab/phone combo.
    Using the phone trackpad is a pure Blackberry thing, as far as phones are concerned.
    The ultimate in precision cursor placement that all other touch devices lack.

They bridge the trackpad and I will forgive them for not putting one on the Playbook.

BIG on the 2.0 wishlist or somebody please develop an app for that.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 09-22-11 at 12:23 PM.
    09-22-11 12:15 PM
    At moment of taking this poll is has not met my expectations due to RIM not meeting publicly stated deadlines for features, and their inability to push hard for major apps from companies. 2.0 will probably push me up to meet expectations if they deliver on it, and it could possibly move up to exceed depending on how much gravy they add in the 2.0 release. It does what it does great, but I was expecting it to be able to do more at this point in the product life cycle. 2.0 with a BlackberryTV box that it can wirelessly stream to would be a definite exceed.
    09-22-11 12:24 PM
    Blind followers? extremists? What an extreme thing to say.
    I view them simply as people who know what they want and need, did their research and bought a product to suit.

Why do some people have so much difficulty with that concept and have to brand it as a psychological disorder, lol and as they say, what's it to them?
    OK, you're the boss...
    09-22-11 01:35 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD